Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 PM

8 posts, read 23,382 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Troop... Live in Florida..since 86.. Have a wife, 2 sons under 15. i am a meatcutter, wife accounting clerk. I am 53, she 45. maybe retiring..maybe not????

I am looking toward eastern Tenn.; hunt//farm//smalltime for SURVIVAL in the soon-coming days ahead. Looking for 10-50 acres, ADJOINING) federal reserve///M O U N T A I N S , ...Single road access, very VERY secluded with availability to leave for town/ bad(weather) IF necessary.... Where there are elk, in some of Tenn. along with deer, turkey for survival.... (NO HOGS)! maybe raise a cow or two/// few chickens... plant a few food plots for game.... Few for human survival.... This is most serious and not a joke in any way, shape, or form.... Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:45/ 12:12 is at the doors... Anyway; I am not certain if the family is joining me???? It will be temporary for sure as will all be for any who seek to survive what comes... Spring//spring fed pond//fish (not catfish)! simple house not anything elaborate//keep up with the Jones...i am considering solar//airtight woodstove///500 gallon propane tank.... Anyone here that will//can help I am most indebted. May the Lord Jesus Christ richly bless you in all you do for Him.... email me Moderator cut: cut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 02:28 PM

19 posts, read 152,752 times
After you get this land, how about instead of having a normal house, you build a self-sustaining house? That way you will be completely independent and it won't matter if the government collapses or whatever. Plus, it's good for the environment. I suggest you look into www.earthship.org.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I think it's great that you want to live off the land, but you might want to make sure your family will come with you before you decide to do something like that. No matter what happens, you are still a husband and father. Those are my thoughts...

Old 02-03-2007, 09:26 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Consider a wind generator as well. There are a number of units designed for a single family home. Not too costly, but they will generate enough power to keep your home running. There are some excellent links here:

http://tinyurl.com/2n8hdh (broken link)

Specific here:

http://tinyurl.com/359zcy (broken link)

Good luck in your endeavor.

If your family chooses not to go with you you need to seriously consider your priorities in life.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:52 AM

Default thanks for the help....no other suggestions out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Consider a wind generator as well. There are a number of units designed for a single family home. Not too costly, but they will generate enough power to keep your home running. There are some excellent links here:

http://tinyurl.com/2n8hdh (broken link)

Specific here:

http://tinyurl.com/359zcy (broken link)

Good luck in your endeavor.

If your family chooses not to go with you you need to seriously consider your priorities in life.

Thanks for your responses.... are there not ANY more ideas//help out here? Noah preached 120 years...He was nuts also????

Old 02-04-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I think it's great that you want to live off the land, but you might want to make sure your family will come with you before you decide to do something like that. No matter what happens, you are still a husband and father. Those are my thoughts...

thanks for your help........'Remember Lot's wife......

Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
You seem to revel in using the Bible to make your points.

While remembering Lot's wife please don't lose sight of Mary's husband, Joseph...

Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Chattanooga

Real brief...There MAY be an opening in Chattanooga this year... Are there any areas somewhat nearby like I am looking for?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,995 times
Default response

Hello,
I applaud you on your decision to change a lifestyle and as a fellow believer in Christ, I'm aware of what is coming but you must remember that your family comes first!! It is your responsibility to maintain the well being of your family. Just put all your trust in God and He'll lead y'all where you need to go. To answer your question, parts of Middle Tn. have great land with awesome views as well..

Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Hello,
I applaud you on your decision to change a lifestyle and as a fellow believer in Christ, I'm aware of what is coming but you must remember that your family comes first!! It is your responsibility to maintain the well being of your family. Just put all your trust in God and He'll lead y'all where you need to go. To answer your question, parts of Middle Tn. have great land with awesome views as well..

Thanks for your help Eagle........ i am totally UNaware regarding tennessee... been if fl. for 21 years... came from MARYland......so...;. you live there?
can you possibly lead me in some direction??? some towns, somewhat away fron Chat, but near enuff that it would be drivable till it is set up and fleeing for our lives to the mtns. as commanded becomes essential.... i will not argue with any...the first commandment IS the greatest....
i really would L O V E ...to change careers...i am burnt out cutting meat... been to the top...and to the bottom.... politics....SUCKS!.... simple IS good.... IN this move.... i am blind for sure! didn't anticipate this coming so soon..... Not that i fear.... i will be glad when it is over; BUT... we ARE to be wise as serpents......and this bloodline hoax IS///WILL swallow the sleeping sheeple.... sad to say... they see not any of this.... well, Lord bless you for your time and help....... Thanks Troop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee