Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 PM

3 posts, read 12,179 times

Advertisements

Hi, We are looking at Manchester to maybe call home. Could anyone tell me about the schools, New Union and College Street I hear are very good? We are loooking for a house on a decent size lot or a lot to build a house on but don't want to spend a fortune. We were down in the area this summer but was on a weekend so couldn't really get a feel of the place. We went to what they called "downtown" and it looked like everyone moved out. I see they have a WalMart Super Center and a Home Depot. How is the crime ? The people were very friendly. I know they have the Bonnaroo for a few days in the summer but we were told the locals don't come in to town or they take a vacation then. We did like what we seen though of the area but want to get more information. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM

6 posts, read 30,132 times
There is a new Mayor for the city. She is trying to revitilize downtown, unfortunatly the locals who own much of "downtown" don't want to sell the empty buildings. I live 5 min from downtown and it is very beautiful,5 acres.There are many new home sites being developed just outside in the "country" 300.000 and up. I have lived here 6 months and love it.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:57 AM

Smile Moving to Manchester TN

Thanks lotsmore for the information. We were wondering about "downtown" as when we were there it looked like a lot of the town was empty or closed businesses. We do want to live on the outskirts of town and need good schools. New Union Elementary and College Street Elementary seem to be the better schools in the district as far a elementary. Now I need to find out more about the Special Education Departments in the district. Moving to TN is not coming fast enough for us. We will be coming down in April probably to look at houses. Thanks again

Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 AM

6 posts, read 30,132 times
I was very lucky to have found a realtor who has lived here her entire life. She can tell you more about the schools as my children are now grown. I came from Florida so every school here is better than what I left! Contact Coffee County Realty, Annice Clemmens-she has 2 children in high school.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Smile Moving to Manchester TN

I will get deeper into the schools with the real estate agent. Thanks. We did meet with a real estate agent from Coffee County Realty when we were down there this last July and found her very informative. I am raising my grandson who is higher functioning Autism so want to make sure that the Special Education Department is a very good one. The schools in our area here in NY are not giving the special needs children what they need as far as an education. Our taxes in all areas are high, the schools are not that good, crime and gangs are awful. I know we will not be able to get away from the drugs but hopefully it will not be as bad. I want my grandson to see there is another world where there is a lot more to offer. Thanks again for the input lotsmore. You have been a help.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,071 times
I moved to Manchester in 2004 and purchased a brand new home in an upper class developement called Fredonia Village.My wife and I spent our entire life savings to pay $220,000.00 cash for our dream home. Problems began to occur almost immediately. Nashville channel 4 WSMV did a segment on our problems. I strongly encourage anyone thinking about moving to Manchester,TN to view this video. The website is Couple: Sinking Home Built On Questionable Land - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville If you click on the video title below the Coffee County Realty and Auction photo labeled: REALTY, CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES NAMED IN SINKING HOUSE SUIT the video will open and play.

Last edited by RVER7; 12-30-2008 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: too short
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee