Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 AM

3 posts, read 26,990 times

Advertisements

Hello I am thinking of moving back to Manchester, Tennessee. I have been gone for 20 years. I graduated with the class of 1988. I recently took a road trip back to Manchester and found that it had really grown a lot. I am having a hard time finding a place to rent. I don't want anything real expensive so if anyone could help me out and tell me about some nice places to rent, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer a house. I have 2 children. One would be attending high school and one in elementary. I work at the Wal-mart here in my local town and would probably be transferring to the Manchester Wal-Mart. Any help anyone can give me would be great. I am really looking forward to coming back home. When I moved away, I lived in Beech Grove, but I think I would rather move closer to Manchester. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:25 AM

11 posts, read 47,914 times
You might want to consider Tullahoma as well - the schools seem to be a little better in Tullahoma than Manchester (though I believe now that Manchester has city elementary schools they are better). There is also a Wal-Mart in Tullahoma. The housing is reasonable in Tullahoma, we currently have a house for sale and I know you can rent a two bedroom townhouse for around $550 a month (with washer and dryer).

Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,615 times
I too am thinking of moving to Manchester from Ohio. My first trip there was for Bonnaroo in 2006 and I fell in love with the area. Now i think i'm ready to transplant myself and my 11 year old son but would like to a know more about the area. I'm a single parent with limited funds so housing and employment are HUGE factors. Any help/advice would be great. I would like a small town for sure, willing to drive 45 minutes for work, and need info an schools(7th grade). Thanks for any help you may be able to give!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 10,075 times
I moved to Manchester in 2004 and purchased a brand new home in an upper class developement called Fredonia Village.My wife and I spent our entire life savings to pay cash for our dream home. Problems began to occur almost immediately. Nashville channel 4 WSMV did a segment on our problems. I strongly encourage anyone thinking about moving to Manchester,TN to view this video. The website is Couple: Sinking Home Built On Questionable Land - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville If you click on the video title below the Coffee County Realty and Auction photo labeled: REALTY,CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES NAMED IN SINKING HOUSE SUIT the video will open and play.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 12,311 times
I moved to Manchester in 2005 and I LOVE IT we use to live in Michigan and let me tell you it is so much better here the schools are great the teachers really care more for the kids there are alot of school things to go to and to get in to I have 5 kids in the schools here and they like them so much better than Mich schools the only problem is jobs there aren't many here if you would like some pics of Manchester drop me a line at JD5DAD@YAHOO.COM and I can tell you more

Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 6,279 times
We lived in Manchester/Hillsboro area after moving from Connecticut. The schools in Manchester suck big whoops. My children had already finished with the curiculum they were working on, but had to repeat it. My son was targeted repeatedly and harrassed because-- as one teacher told me-- "he associates and talks to people of COLOR!"" Omg and here I was- thinking we were over that kind of predijuce! The area itself is quite nice and most businesses are okay, but if you are looking for equality of the races-, forget it. Of course if you like the idea of people who -"associate and stick with their own kind" - then you will definitely * love* Manchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: