Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 10:18 PM

23 posts, read 81,769 times

Advertisements

I'm recieving my CDL license in November, was wondering of any local truck driving companies in the Lexington area. Was also wondering on the credibility of the cosmetology school in this town as well for my girlfriend. I plan on moving asap when I get my CDL. Anyone with any information on these questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM

92 posts, read 584,161 times
The only one I know of in the area, is about 11 -12 miles away in Reagan.. Shippers Choice Transportation. My hubby used to work for them.. great company to work for. Don't know if they are hiring tho. You might want to check with yellowbook online for trucking companies in the area.
If you do decide to contact Shippers , Shawn is the head man there.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 PM

sounds good, ill do some researching. thanks alot

Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Here is a site where you can search for driving jobs in Tennessee.

Trucking Companies Located in Tennessee

Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,977 times
Lexington is close to Jackson, which is where you will find more jobs.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM

Also try findatruckingjob.com jiggyjobs.com as well as they are for truckers only.. you can apply directly to companies, etc.. We have used them as well to locate and find jobs.. and you can look in the state your interested in. Also check with Crete.. My Dad works for them.. and you dont have a requirement as to how close to live to your terminal.. and I know they will hire recent trucking school grads.
Good luck in finding the right trucking job that fits you.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 PM

all good info. What about more local jobs as well. What are the names of companies of the garbage disposal in this area (garbage man job), bus driving companies (bus driver, obviously), even factories or distribution centers that hire their own drivers not go through a company. If anyone knows about this thatd be great but, I really dont expect much outta that detailed of questions, lol.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 PM

bus driving would more than likely be thru the school system, unless you want to drive for greyhound, than you would have to contact them.. closest bus terminals or used to be was Selmer, which was more like a drop off in my opinion, but Jackson has a terminal. Garbage, not sure of. you could try contacting the chamber of commerce to get that info I am sure. I am not sure about Lexington having any factories or distribution centers of any kind. Someone else may know that info.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 AM

3 posts, read 11,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
all good info. What about more local jobs as well. What are the names of companies of the garbage disposal in this area (garbage man job), bus driving companies (bus driver, obviously), even factories or distribution centers that hire their own drivers not go through a company. If anyone knows about this thatd be great but, I really dont expect much outta that detailed of questions, lol.
um...we pay a man like 10 dollars a week to come get our trash and take it to the dump (we live on the east side a little ways out of the city limits). so you could go around offering to do that for the people who live out of the city limits. bus driving companies in lexington, tn...haha! yeah, you'd be a driver for the school system. those are the only buses besides church buses you see in lexington. reeves bros. trucking is the only truck company i know of. i've never even heard of that one in reagan...then again, it's little bitty ole reagan. that town is unincorporated lol. some names of factories: MIG, leroy somer, volvo penta, young touchstone (used to be young radiator), dewayne's quality metal coating, altima. johnson controls was here, but it was bought out by MIG... most factories are on the north side of town or northeast, at least. lexington isn't so great in the job area right now with it being winter and the economy the way it is... you'd better go for jackson.

oh yeah... and about that cosmetology school. it's called Elite, and they do pretty well. the only thing is there are a lot of people who go to school for it here. i have a few friends from high school who went and graduated, and i let them practice on me when they got good lol.

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-01-2010 at 06:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee