Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 11:17 AM

377 posts, read 274,043 times

Advertisements

For a while I was obsessed with Tesla's. A few years ago I sat in one at the mall and thought it was amazing, so yesterday I finally scheduled a test drive expecting to be blown away and ready to buy one, but I was actually kind if disappointed. For one, I thought the interior was kind of bland. I loved the big screen, but the rest of the interior seemed basic. I was also expecting to notice the quietness of an electric engine more than gasoline, but it didn't stand out to me. One thing I loved was the responsiveness and acceleration. It felt a lot different than my gasoline powered car. I also felt like a badass driving around in a Tesla. Fully self driving is one thing I really dream of, but that cost an extra 12k more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 11:35 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
Definitely blah styling, but I give them credit for being early to market. I've got my eye on the Blazer and Equinox EVs.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 07-26-2022 at 12:29 PM..

Old 07-26-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Definitely blah styling, but I give them credit for being early to market. I've got my eye on the Blazer and Equinox EVs.

Exterior looks slick!

Old 07-26-2022, 01:11 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,330 times

Old 07-27-2022, 11:43 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
I finally scheduled a test drive expecting to be blown away and ready to buy one, but I was actually kind if disappointed. For one, I thought the interior was kind of bland.
The Polestar 2 is the exact same MSRP as the Tesla 3, but it is still eligible for the IRS tax break. It compared very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEsqhY9TCt8

The Tesla 3 is so minimalist like an unfurnished flat, but the Polestar 2 is totally minimalist like a furnished Scandinavian flat.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:13 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Majority of people out there drive Tesla like a Prius. Slow and following other traffic. They don't need an EV that packs so much power. While the range on the Teslas look amazing but in reality it's very difficult to achieve year round so something like a Prius Prime is better for majority of consumers or the new Hyundai EV6

They were sold on Tesla being capable of FSD, that's not even beta product. It's alpha, the beta is given to select people in select conditions. It's far from being released to the public without atleast 20+ yrs of testing and approval process.

Model 3 are quick off the line but they have very poor ride quality if you live in bad roads, the suspension is simply too stiff for urban conditions. Unless they offer the dynamic dampers from the Model X/S, the handling and ride quality is that of a Civic SI with a 800lb penalty.

Then there's the interior, while I do like the minimalism it is frustratingly difficult to use vs non-Tesla cars.

I've owned and driven Teslas for 3 yrs and wouldn't go back until their software is sorted out so I'm driving something more direct and less hassle to use as a daily driver.

I think other car makers have exceeded Tesla at building a EV that's usable for DD. They just don't have the hype that Tesla has and the supercharging.

But I'm ok with EVs that can charge at level 2.

I think people need to go rent Tesla for a week and be objective, the car can be a lot of fun but too much frustrations in the long run for me.

I'm not being negative about the car, I just don't think it's worth the $$ right now when something like a $35k hybrid or other EV can do the job and be the right tool for most people.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:15 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,370,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Majority of people out there drive Tesla like a Prius. Slow and following other traffic. They don't need an EV that packs so much power. While the range on the Teslas look amazing but in reality it's very difficult to achieve year round so something like a Prius Prime is better for majority of consumers or the new Hyundai EV6

They were sold on Tesla being capable of FSD, that's not even beta product. It's alpha, the beta is given to select people in select conditions. It's far from being released to the public without atleast 20+ yrs of testing and approval process.

Model 3 are quick off the line but they have very poor ride quality if you live in bad roads, the suspension is simply too stiff for urban conditions. Unless they offer the dynamic dampers from the Model X/S, the handling and ride quality is that of a Civic SI with a 800lb penalty.

Then there's the interior, while I do like the minimalism it is frustratingly difficult to use vs non-Tesla cars.

I've owned and driven Teslas for 3 yrs and wouldn't go back until their software is sorted out so I'm driving something more direct and less hassle to use as a daily driver.

I think other car makers have exceeded Tesla at building a EV that's usable for DD. They just don't have the hype that Tesla has and the supercharging.

But I'm ok with EVs that can charge at level 2.

I think people need to go rent Tesla for a week and be objective, the car can be a lot of fun but too much frustrations in the long run for me.

I'm not being negative about the car, I just don't think it's worth the $$ right now when something like a $35k hybrid or other EV can do the job and be the right tool for most people.
Yea - lots of stereotyping and bad info. The bottom line is people buy the car they want - quit judging their choices. You are clearly being negative about the vehicle and their owners - own up to it instead of saying you are "not being negative about the car".

Old 07-31-2022, 08:55 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,658,619 times
I'm pro-electric and drive electric cars. I own a moderate amount of Tesla stock. I rented a Model Y on vacation. I liked it. Didn't love it. Ride was kinda stiff. My Chevy Bolt(s) were more fun to drive.

Lots and Lots and Lots of folks like the minimalist interior. I like more of a traditional interior. My next electric (as things stand now) will probably either be a Ioniq 5 or an Ariya.

But I hate giving up some of the benefits of having a Tesla. I wish they would make at least one traditional model.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:50 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
After watching that video, I am convinced auto makers should go back to making vehicles to drive, not some stupid computer on four wheels.
To much time spent fiddling with the screen to get the vehicle to do what you want it to do.
Way to gimmicky, and the screen will be played with while people are driving, and that is an accident waiting to happen.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
After watching that video, I am convinced auto makers should go back to making vehicles to drive, not some stupid computer on four wheels.
To much time spent fiddling with the screen to get the vehicle to do what you want it to do.
Way to gimmicky, and the screen will be played with while people are driving, and that is an accident waiting to happen.
I kind of agree about the screen. Looks cool at first, but seems like it was just put there to look futuristic and not actually for practical purposes. Although I'm sure it would seem easier to use after a few months. Bottom line is I don't want to have to go thru multiple steps and menus to get my car to do what I want it to do when I could just have a physical button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla