Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,375,961 times

Advertisements

Strong manufacturing exports and a rebound in the energy sector have led to growth in the Texas economy, according to a monthly report by Houston-based private equity firm Sigma Bleyzer
In July, Texas industrial production was up 3.4 percent versus the same period last year, while energy prices drove mineral fuels exports to increase by 64 percent, the report said.

Jobs, exports up in Texas - SigmaBleyzer - Houston Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,058,371 times
Pretty cool.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times
Doesn't seem to jive with this rather disturbing report of economic free-fall in Texas:

Burnt Orange Report: Forbes: Texas' Economic Freedom Ranking Has Fallen 23 Spots Since Rick Perry Became Governor

Wed Aug 18, 2010 at 00:03 PM CDT

Texas' Economic Freedom Index, According to Forbes
1999 Rank: 8
2004 Rank: 17
2008 Rank: 31

The report singles out Texas as a state that is "headed in the wrong direction."
Texas' economic situation is much worse than Rick Perry wants Texans to believe. Here's three articles to support that:
  1. $1.3 Billion Budget Deficit For This Biennium

The $1.3 billion deficit in the current budget is on top of the $18 billion budget deficit Texas is expecting next year. From the Wall Street Journal: "Big Texas Deficit Puts Governor in Tight Spot":
  2. State Business Tax Falls Over $2 Billion Short
RenaudFR likes to post threads on the California forum touting how much better Texas is than California and how much he is looking forward to voting for Governor Perry known for his call for Texas to secede from the U.S., is seeking to re-criminalizing homosexual sex, favors creationism to be taught in public schools, claimed only Christians will go to heaven [no Jews]. Maybe someone ought to post this report in a separate thread on the Texas forum like RenaudFR likes to report anti-California threads on the California forum; a real classy guy.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
RenaudFR likes to post threads on the California forum touting how much better Texas is than California and how much he is looking forward to voting for Governor Perry known for his call for Texas to secede from the U.S., is seeking to re-criminalizing homosexual sex, favors creationism to be taught in public schools, claimed only Christians will go to heaven [no Jews]. Maybe someone ought to post this report in a separate thread on the Texas forum like RenaudFR likes to report anti-California threads on the California forum; a real classy guy.

So a European who probably doesn't even live in Texas likes to bash California.....you felt the need to come here and return the favor, huh?

Whatever.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

So a European who probably doesn't even live in Texas likes to bash California.....you felt the need to come here and return the favor, huh?

Whatever.
RenaudFR claims he does live in Texas yet posts frequently on the California forum about how rotten California is compared to Texas. Whatever his reasons for being provocative and lacking any class is sad so I thought I'd return the favor. I have never posted on the Texas forum before and it is not my intent to be so discourteous as to bad mouth a state on their own forum. I merely am trying to get RenaudFR's attention. No harm meant to Texas.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,375,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
RenaudFR claims he does live in Texas yet posts frequently on the California forum about how rotten California is compared to Texas. Whatever his reasons for being provocative and lacking any class is sad so I thought I'd return the favor. I have never posted on the Texas forum before and it is not my intent to be so discourteous as to bad mouth a state on their own forum. I merely am trying to get RenaudFR's attention. No harm meant to Texas.
OMG This troll

Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM

220 posts, read 454,352 times
I do my part for the Texas economy by buying Texas made products like Tito's Vodka, and Shiner Bock.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:45 PM

514 posts, read 765,511 times
Lightbulb respond please

[quote=RenaudFR;15540957]OMG This troll [/QUO

He's not a troll, he joined way before you. Why don't you react to the articles he posted. They're from Texas sources.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,058,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Doesn't seem to jive with this rather disturbing report of economic free-fall in Texas:

Burnt Orange Report: Forbes: Texas' Economic Freedom Ranking Has Fallen 23 Spots Since Rick Perry Became Governor

Wed Aug 18, 2010 at 00:03 PM CDT

Texas' Economic Freedom Index, According to Forbes
1999 Rank: 8
2004 Rank: 17
2008 Rank: 31

The report singles out Texas as a state that is "headed in the wrong direction."
Texas' economic situation is much worse than Rick Perry wants Texans to believe. Here's three articles to support that:
  1. $1.3 Billion Budget Deficit For This Biennium

The $1.3 billion deficit in the current budget is on top of the $18 billion budget deficit Texas is expecting next year. From the Wall Street Journal: "Big Texas Deficit Puts Governor in Tight Spot":
  2. State Business Tax Falls Over $2 Billion Short
Probably, BUT, your article doesn't take at all the improvements implemented in 2010 alone as far as the problem has been addressed within the state legislators and the actions going through to combat it. Your article simply states the facts and the problems, nothing more and nothing less. None of the combatant policies. Yeah, Texas has taken a hit too, people should stop thinking it got away scotch free and its been getting hit since the 1980's for that matter, which isn't in your article.

The budget deficit is terrible but half of the largest state's deficit and the progress in the last four months alone are clearing it to lower it, since the problem has been addressed and identified much before. Its still not the highest, and its actually showing signs of eventually being able to break even.

I talk to a few friends about this actually, despite that, job creation is still leading to a decrease in the deficit which will take affect shortly after more regulations are implemented.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Probably, BUT, your article doesn't take at all the improvements implemented in 2010 alone as far as the problem has been addressed within the state legislators and the actions going through to combat it. Your article simply states the facts and the problems, nothing more and nothing less. None of the combatant policies. Yeah, Texas has taken a hit too, people should stop thinking it got away scotch free and its been getting hit since the 1980's for that matter, which isn't in your article.

The budget deficit is terrible but half of the largest state's deficit and the progress in the last four months alone are clearing it to lower it, since the problem has been addressed and identified much before. Its still not the highest, and its actually showing signs of eventually being able to break even.

I talk to a few friends about this actually, despite that, job creation is still leading to a decrease in the deficit which will take affect shortly after more regulations are implemented.
I understand your points, Danny and frankly would have never even bothered to read and post this article. But RenaudFR for some reason continues to post threads on the California forum boasting how superior Texas is to California and basically provoking a fight for no apparent reason. As I mentioned, I would never be so impolite and nasty to go into another state's forum and bad mouth that state while touting California. What kind of person does that? RenaudFR is giving Texas a bad reputation and trying to stir up a fight between California and Texas. That's why I accuse him of being a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: