Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

That's one of the things I love about winter in Texas...it can be 80 one day and then a little cold come in for a few days. Not like growing up in New England where the cold and snow was unrelenting week after week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Move to Florida already, people! ...

I'm also looking forward to spring, but I will sorely miss that crisp, chilly air that makes everything feel so clean.Hopefully we have a lot more cold weather coming after this.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Move to Florida already, people! ...

I'm also looking forward to spring, but I will sorely miss that crisp, chilly air that makes everything feel so clean.Hopefully we have a lot more cold weather coming after this.
Move to Minnesota already!

Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Move to Minnesota already!
Never, because I like southern weather. I'm accustomed to the random "extremes" of hot and cold...but some people act as if it's not supposed to get cold in Texas.

I would actually think that most people would be glad that this might be a sign that our earth isn't being destroyed by glomal warming after all.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:10 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I'm totally looking forward to it....We'll have plenty of heat in the summer! Let's just enjoy the short blast of cold air My daughter is keeping her fingers crossed for a day off of school! We've got our firewood ready for the fireplace and Chili does sound really good.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'm totally looking forward to it....We'll have plenty of heat in the summer! Let's just enjoy the short blast of cold air My daughter is keeping her fingers crossed for a day off of school! We've got our firewood ready for the fireplace and Chili does sound really good.
I remember one time when I was in high school in a small town outside of Fort Worth, it snowed and they canceled school. We had a friend who had a four wheel drive truck. We broke out the HUGE intertube and went sledding behind it in the streets. It was great fun.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,984 times
It can be below freezing for the rest of winter for all I care as long as the summer isn't so hot. You'll be missing this in about 6 months.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM

674 posts, read 1,538,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yeah! Y'all thought that Old Man Winter was done, but he's back with a vengeance and he's coming for your heating bill

...but this is my kind of weather, so I will be enjoying it to the fullest. I'm visiting friends in Kerrville, so I will be out back, with a great view of the Hill Country as I watch the front roll in. Am I the only one looking forward to this blast of energetic weather?
I like the cold too but I saw that Amarillo is forecast to have a low of -1 and a high of 8 for Wednesday. Brrrr!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM

28 posts, read 70,758 times
I was hoping to get away from this weather when I left NY. This feel colder than Buffalo. Mostly because of the wind, though.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
It can be below freezing for the rest of winter for all I care as long as the summer isn't so hot. You'll be missing this in about 6 months.
...and this

We have plenty of time all year to enjoy the warmth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas