Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Californians seem to do a lot of complaining over here in the Tx forums.
I'm not Californian, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 AM

59 posts, read 117,250 times
In case you didn't know, much of California is desert.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928 View Post
In case you didn't know, much of California is desert.

First of all those pictures were taken in N California

Southern California is more scrubby and bushland vs desert and it's all built over. D[SIZE=2]esert is more the eastern southern state.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Where as Texas is all flat and brown or concrete. A few patches of beauty in Texas doesn't represent the state. When people think if Texas they think of hot, flat, plain. When people think of California they think of ocean, mountains, trees, green and flowers. Where I live in Colorado people think of mountains, pine trees and general beauty. Texas is what it is.
[/SIZE]

Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post

Southern California is more scrubby and bushland vs desert and it's all built over. D[SIZE=2]esert is more the eastern southern state.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Where as Texas is all flat and brown or concrete. A few patches of beauty in Texas doesn't represent the state. When people think if Texas they think of hot, flat, plain. When people think of California they think of ocean, mountains, trees, green and flowers. Where I live in Colorado people think of mountains, pine trees and general beauty. Texas is what it is.
[/SIZE]
Texas' landscape is about as diversified as California's & more so than Colorado.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times
Quote:

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
I dont know about all that. I always thought of brown dusty desert and a few beach locales.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:20 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I dont know about all that. I always thought of brown dusty desert and a few beach locales.

If you think Texas is beautiful and diverse, it's time to get out of Texas and see the world.

I have found many Texans to consider themselves or claim to be well traveled and worldy, when in fact they aren't.

I think the pictures in the beginning of this thread proves that.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
If you think Texas is beautiful and diverse, it's time to get out of Texas and see the world.

I have found many Texans to consider themselves or claim to be well traveled and worldy, when in fact they aren't.

Those pictures don't do East Texas any justice. It really is a beautiful place.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
Quote:

Texas is beautiful & diverse. I think YOU need to get out more.

Not many states can match our extremely diverse topography & different regions. From the Piney Woods, to the Prairies & Lakes, to the Plains, to the Gulf Coast, to the Hill Country, to Big Bend, to the valleys.

Hell, Houston alone sits in 3 separate regions...Piney Woods, Prairie, & Gulf Coast. More than any other Texas city.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 02-08-2011 at 10:41 AM..

Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times
Quote:

Seriously, If you dont think texas is diverse, you need to look up the definition of diverse. Ill be the first to admit that parts of Texas leave much to be desired, but lets be real here: So does california. Although some may appreciate California's landscape, brown dusty mountains with a couple of beaches interspersed doesnt send chills up everyone's spine. At least it didnt when I saw it.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,272,789 times
I've lived all over the world being ex-military. I found the pictures at the very beginning of the thread very appealing. Something about the sky---can't put my finger on it. After the congestion and horrible winter we are having here in the NE, Texas looks heavenly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas