Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
No getmeoutofhere, anyone reading this thread can see that Texashorselady logically bodyslammed your arguement. Sorry, but thats the truth.

If that's a "logical bodyslamming", then all I can say I hope to someday have TexasHorseLady as my opponent in court, or even a debate competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:39 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
getmeoutofhere, are you an attorney? If so, what specialty?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:04 AM

608 posts, read 593,022 times
Default Opinions: Everybody's got one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Not really. Courts have agreed with smoking bans. Therefore, it's not my opinion, it's the law.
Actually GMOOH, the part of your statement I was referring to as your opinion was this:

"Smoking bans are coming, whether this time around or next. "

They may well be... but they also may not be. As people are seeing the damage they cause and are becoming more aware of the reality of the slippery slope nature of the bans they're running into more resistance and sometimes even being overturned. Despite efforts to keep the opposition voiceless, Antismokers are being called more and more often on the lies at the base of their arguments for smoking bans.

The Internet is the perfect platform for this since the arguments and counterarguments can be laid out and followed clearly by people interested in making up their minds: the "Sound Bite" may rule in press releases and on TV, but on the Internet it's questioned and its weaknesses are exposed.

Your OPINION as to the future of smoking bans is actually quite questionable.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:57 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I quit smoking 336 days ago, but it's none of my business what someone else does....

People need to stop telling others what they can and cannot do, but that's the liberal way, isn't it!!!!!

And that's my opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
What someone does in their own home or their business is just that, THEIR BUSINESS. If you don't like a place that allows smoking, it's simple....DON'T GO THERE.
I am sick of this nanny state mentality. This ISN'T California!
It's really amazing that there are people who believe they have the right to polute the air that other people breath without their consent. Second hand smoke is responsible for over 50,000 deaths per year. It has nothing to do with liberalism.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times

First they came looking for Communist, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came looking for the Trade Unionist, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Trade Unionist.

Then They came looking for Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came looking for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It's really amazing that there are people who believe they have the right to polute the air that other people breath without their consent. Second hand smoke is responsible for over 50,000 deaths per year. It has nothing to do with liberalism.
You pollute the air everytime you start your vehicle, lawnmower, weed-eater, and leaf blower. You don't die from second hand smoke from just walking around, that is non-sense.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You pollute the air everytime you start your vehicle, lawnmower, weed-eater, and leaf blower. You don't die from second hand smoke from just walking around, that is non-sense.

If people were starting vehicles, lawnmowers, weed-eaters, and leaf blowers inside of restaurants, yes, you might indeed die.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 PM

90 posts, read 355,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post

First they came looking for Communist, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came looking for the Trade Unionist, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Trade Unionist.

Then They came looking for Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came looking for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I Agree 1000% Were not far from that turning that corner. That Bus is never Late!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
If people were starting vehicles, lawnmowers, weed-eaters, and leaf blowers inside of restaurants, yes, you might indeed die.
I can't remmeber the last time I've see someone smoke in a restaurant.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Ummm.....would you care to explain why smoking is being banned OUTDOORS in many areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas