Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crye View Post
That's because it is covered under the existing DWI law.
Not DWI, it would have to be DUI, plus I've never gotten a DUI and I've been in some altercations that the officers know of my influence and let me go. I've never heard of a DUI given for being under the influence of marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM

172 posts, read 411,409 times
This state is a hole as it is. Only a complete moron will argue that (we are doing good)
Public education is going without almost 100 less million dollars. thousands upon thousands of teachers are losing there job. i heard something like 70k state wide?
class sizes in Austin will increase to 37 students!! not to mention like over 50% of the states children are Economically disadvantage. in AISD Like 66% or more are considered low low income!

we are in this situation because Big Bussiness did not Pay there taxes. in 2006 property tax was not raised Thank god! yet bussiness all around found ways to get around taxes. and the GOVERNOR IS to blame plus the State government.

I do not use marijuana. But i supports its legalization and i think anyone with a brain would.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,426,799 times
Weed is a multi-billion dollar cash crop. Legalization and taxing would cut down on budget shortfalls, if not entirely eliminate them, as well as cut prison overcrowding, stop the flood of criminal cases choking the courts, as well as cut down on violent crime.

Drugs are a huge business for gangs and such, and who would buy from a street dealer if they can go into a drugstore and get certified clean, legal drugs? Take away the money, take away the violence.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM

172 posts, read 411,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Let's see some Bible verses:They seem to have used cannabis for healing and spiritual purposes back then. There are a lot of other examples in the Bible, too. A lot of people get high just to get high, but the thinking and conversations that go on would not have happened if one was sober. Ever heard of Depersonalization? Happens all the time to people while they are high and it's a good thing, IMO. It puts a lot of things (mainly life) into perspective.
Agreed!

I feel it should be legal for ADULTS Only! And it should be taxed like Tobacco big TAXES!! We could use it, while most people try pot in their life time. i assure you 50% of adults do not currently smoke pot regularly, I’m sure the % is higher. none the less Tax it high! And it makes the stoners happy! Plus it keeps lots of non violent people out of jail. And I’m sure cops would rather do other things than bust people for pot. With that said most people found guilty for marijuana. Are typically not ever jailed unless they are a dealer or have intent to sale and are caught with massive amounts. A great # of states have taken it up to relax the laws and to allow medical use. and in Europe its decriminalized basically everywhere. not fully legal but at that the Police, the Government could care less. and they allow up to certain amounts. What they really try to prevent is massive Quantities via dealers and selling of other illicit drugs. I Do feel its a personal choice, and if prostitution which is morally way worse can be legal in Nevada? And if Alcohol a drug. Yes Alcohol is a drug! it’s a mind altering substance, and its cordially directly related to millions of assaults and violent behaviors every year. let alone rapes, and at least 100k deaths every year. if not a million worldwide! The # of idiot freshman college students who drink themselves into a grave is still outstanding! More so than dying while being drunk and driving. Yet we still have huge # of that happening. There are many different ways to consume pot and at that the Cannabis plant is for hemp usage. It a huge Alternative to paper, and not to mention its (Propaganda that Marijuana is an) (GATEWAY DRUG, let alone more dangerous than the physically addicting tobacco.

the idea that there is a drug! that makes you or willing forces you to do and try other drugs is nothing short of An insult to human intelligence and some of the biggest BS i have ever heard. Anyone who has a background in the medical field or let alone aspires to be a physiologist of some sort. Should find it odd that (propaganda claims, Pot makes you try other drugs!)

i could make a statement that 90% of serial killers have tried alcohol before or attended chuch! Does church and alcohol cause mass murderers?
If adults can go an pay and screw men and mostly women who are either forced to be in brothels or have a history of mental and physical abuse thus they turn to such things! And a State government to support that. Why cant grown adults be able to smoke a plant? Let a lone a plant that is not physically addicting and its worse affect is eating food, and possibly lung problems if you smoke a lot! I have met lawyers, doctors, and I have traveled to other countries in you will find in Canada, or France or Sweden or the UK. Just about everyone has smoked pot before and a good like half of people currently use. I remember reading some study done in France and like 40% of people regularly smoked pot. Pretty damn high for a country that is not run by the stereotypical lazy and boring pot heads right? Check the # in Germany. And as it stands the War on Drugs has not really been effective at all.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty03 View Post
Why cant grown adults be able to smoke a plant? Let a lone a plant that is not physically addicting and its worse affect is eating food, and possibly lung problems if you smoke a lot! I have met lawyers, doctors, and I have traveled to other countries in you will find in Canada, or France or Sweden or the UK. Just about everyone has smoked pot before and a good like half of people currently use. I remember reading some study done in France and like 40% of people regularly smoked pot. Pretty damn high for a country that is not run by the stereotypical lazy and boring pot heads right? Check the # in Germany. And as it stands the War on Drugs has not really been effective at all.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Ever seen Super-High Me? After 17 years of smoking he didn't have any signs of being a smoker. I'd sure rather that than a failed liver.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
And you don't even need to smoke it. Edibles and vaping are becoming more popular. Your lungs will also be happy.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM

No smoke or smell.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,850,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Marijuana driving is completely different than alcohol driving. It's not even close. Studies have proven that high drivers are more cautious and aware because they know they are impaired. Drunk drivers think they can do anything. Hell, the sober people on their cell phones, changing the radio station, etc., are more harmful than high drivers. I drive buzzed to work almost everyday through ****ty DFW traffic (including Downtown Dallas), with no problems. I'm a much faster driver sober, but am much more patient with other drivers and am always letting people in, using my blinkers, etc. Driving high can be pretty exciting actually.
I hope you don't think that's something to be proud of. But anyway, I know better than to believe the excuse that weed doesn't impair driving. I learned this back when I was 19 and tried drivin home from a friend's house and not even being able to concentrate on the road. Ending up near the curb a few times and damn near headed into oncoming traffic. I remember not being able to wait until I could get out of that car and back home. And I'm not talking about driving with a little buzz, I'm talking about driving while you're GONE. All the way stoned. And my brother who works at the airport can tell you about the time a friend thought it would be fun to come to work high, and almost crashed into an MD88 with thousands of gallons of Jet A fuel in his truck. Believe me, marijuana can impair driving.

Quote:
But it isn't addictive, at least not physically. It may be psychologically addicting, but not physically. People who can't get weed for a while don't start going crazy, like the people you see on legal drugs (Rx, cigarettes, alcohol).

Yeah right. Marijuana is not more addictive than alcohol and it isn't even close. The people you know probably have addictive personalities and don't have their priorities straight. I know a ton of people who work white collar jobs that smoke with no problems.
Weed is addictive enough that it could cause problems. And with it becoming that much more attainable, you won't convince me for one second that it wouldn't. Y'all can call me a square or whatever, but I've had too much experience with it to not know what I'm saying. I have no personal objections against marijuana use, but legalizing it? Meh

Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM

714 posts, read 2,933,584 times
Legalize for adults only????
Alcohol, guns, & tobacco are legalized for adults only. How does that work out?

And to people who drive under the influence of grass and think there is no problem, there are reckless and unsafe drivers all over the DFW roads, and they don't think they are a problems either.

Get real.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I hope you don't think that's something to be proud of. But anyway, I know better than to believe the excuse that weed doesn't impair driving. I learned this back when I was 19 and tried drivin home from a friend's house and not even being able to concentrate on the road. Ending up near the curb a few times and damn near headed into oncoming traffic. I remember not being able to wait until I could get out of that car and back home. And I'm not talking about driving with a little buzz, I'm talking about driving while you're GONE. All the way stoned. And my brother who works at the airport can tell you about the time a friend thought it would be fun to come to work high, and almost crashed into an MD88 with thousands of gallons of Jet A fuel in his truck. Believe me, marijuana can impair driving.
Don't drive all the way stoned then, or if you first started smoking. Simple. Treat being "GONE" like being too tired to drive. There have been many times where I have been too out of there to drive, so I'd sober up a bit. Wait an hour, then go get your munchies. . And who is proud? It's really not hard...

Quote:
Weed is addictive enough that it could cause problems. And with it becoming that much more attainable, you won't convince me for one second that it wouldn't. Y'all can call me a square or whatever, but I've had too much experience with it to not know what I'm saying. I have no personal objections against marijuana use, but legalizing it? Meh
Some people have things called addictive personalities. There aren't any studies proving what you are saying. If it wasn't for weed, the people you have experience with would have found other things to occupy their time it seems (video games, television, etc.). You can't blame weed for that. Especially when there are so many successful people who smoke with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Legalize for adults only????
Alcohol, guns, & tobacco are legalized for adults only. How does that work out?

And to people who drive under the influence of grass and think there is no problem, there are reckless and unsafe drivers all over the DFW roads, and they don't think they are a problems either.

Get real.
But I know I'm not a reckless and unsafe driver when "under the influence of grass". It's not like I don't know what I'm doing. Unlike someone who is drunk, for example. The only messup I've had is that I put my car in park at a red light. I'm more aggresive when I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas