Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will make the most dramatic Change in its core?
Dallas 57 24.36%
Houston 103 44.02%
Austin 48 20.51%
San Antonio 26 11.11%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
What an odd choice of architects for a south Asian cultural museum.
Oh, hush.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:16 PM

638 posts, read 568,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
Oh, hush.
This building is 39 stories including the museum, offices, residences. He seems like a perfect choice for such a complicated project in an urban setting. His office is very excited to meet the challenge I noticed.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:16 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Eh, last I checked they aren't an Asian firm.. That was my only gripe. Other then that they do great work. That's cool that they're making it a mixed use tower, but with these new projects being proposed it makes you wonder the viability of the bigger proposals.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:27 PM

638 posts, read 568,848 times
Quote:
Eh, last I checked they aren't an Asian firm.. That was my only gripe. Other then that they do great work. That's cool that they're making it a mixed use tower, but with these new projects being proposed it makes you wonder the viability of the bigger proposals.
There are times I feel so sorry for you. You seem always one step from despiration.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
There are times I feel so sorry for you. You seem always one step from despiration.
Don't waste your sorrows.. What's so "desperate" about stating perfectly reasonable points and concerns?

Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
No....it confirms that the market is ripening and it soon will be ripe enough for the bigger projects. The bud has blossomed for downtown. These big projects are making more and more sense each day.....its only a matter of time....let me stop here before i get people sick........BCB

Old 09-11-2015, 11:01 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
So we'll have:
*The Perot Museum of N&S
*New AMC in Victory Park
*The new Asian museum
*The Dallas world aquarium
*The Holocaust museum
*The Sixth Floor museum
*Tremmel Crow museum of Asian Art
*The Nasher Sculpture Center
*The Entire Arts district (with upcoming revamp)
*Klyde Warren Park

All within walking distance from each other.....

Old 09-12-2015, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No....it confirms that the market is ripening and it soon will be ripe enough for the bigger projects. The bud has blossomed for downtown. These big projects are making more and more sense each day.....its only a matter of time....let me stop here before i get people sick........BCB
hmm.. funny how just last year you kept talking about how a certain city that was getting so many proposals would never end up with all of its projects built. but now that the same process is happening in Dallas it somehow "reaffirms the need for the bigger projects"..? uhh, how do you figure that? as more of these new "smaller"/more serious projects get proposed, the fantastical big projects make less sense. there isn't some crazy pent up demand that would be able to sustain many of the big projects. i hope at least one of them makes it out of the ground though.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:54 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
So we'll have:
*The Perot Museum of N&S
*New AMC in Victory Park
*The new Asian museum
*The Dallas world aquarium
*The Holocaust museum
*The Sixth Floor museum
*Tremmel Crow museum of Asian Art
*The Nasher Sculpture Center
*The Entire Arts district (with upcoming revamp)
*Klyde Warren Park

All within walking distance from each other.....
Not to mention that the Dallas World Aquarium is expanding as stated by the South Asian Museum reps. Do you mean Cinepolis for AMC? Also the other attractions in Victory Park like AAC and House of Blues.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:11 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
hmm.. funny how just last year you kept talking about how a certain city that was getting so many proposals would never end up with all of its projects built. but now that the same process is happening in Dallas it somehow "reaffirms the need for the bigger projects"..? uhh, how do you figure that? as more of these new "smaller"/more serious projects get proposed, the fantastical big projects make less sense. there isn't some crazy pent up demand that would be able to sustain many of the big projects. i hope at least one of them makes it out of the ground though.
Precisely because Dallas has built out most of it's lots with midrises the last years there is a shortage of land to build on. Developers want to make the most of their land thats in high demand. This is the reason why the South Asian museum is going from a simple 5 story museum to a 39 story highrise. Most developers are doing the same thing. With property values already at an all time high and only projected to go north you better build up to make your development profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas