Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,310 times

Advertisements

I am from Minnesota, the summer weather there is AWESOME..Texas is way too hot. For about 6 months out of the year I don't even want to step out of my house. Any all the vegetation here is dead or looks like it's dying. I'm sorry..I don't like Texas too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 02:44 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBranch View Post
second that about Kingwood. It is soooo green. all the trails, waterfront on lake houston. Fine dining, everything is at your fingertips. Best place I have ever lived
Quote:
Originally Posted by megb2104 View Post
I am from Minnesota, the summer weather there is AWESOME..Texas is way too hot. For about 6 months out of the year I don't even want to step out of my house. Any all the vegetation here is dead or looks like it's dying. I'm sorry..I don't like Texas too much.
Diifferent parallel universes? Or different attitudes? (and, of couse, BearBranch probably waters the lawn, whereas megb evidently does not)

Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 AM

2,327 posts, read 3,936,811 times
Default I hate to do this, but

Don't move here, it's horrible!!!! The entire state is boiling hot year-round, snows year-round, has tornadoes and hurricanes 24/7/365, gets to 140 degrees with 100% humidity every day, gets to -120 every night, there are hailstorms, mudstorms, and sandstorms every day, the only thing that grows here is tumbleweed, you can't breathe because of the pollen, and the trillions of biting bugs suck you dry within 30 seconds of landing on you!

Again, I apologize.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 PM

41 posts, read 57,324 times
For another smaller district close enough to commute, check out Kennedale ISD.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM

44 posts, read 87,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megb2104 View Post
I'm from Mn too-still live here and can't wait to retire in a few years so we can move to TX. Mn has had a horrible summer and to me, most of them are. We have had high heat too, plus the humidity has been about double of what TX has. My poor horses are soaking wet most days and the bugs are also so bad that you can't even be outside too long. We have fans running in the barn 24/7. Winters also aren't too pleasant here either. Sorry, but MN weather is NOT for me. Fall is the best season here.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 PM

30 posts, read 86,014 times
Citys west of Austin and Austin suburbs are nice.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 5,184 times
If you were looking into the Dallas area, Arlington is not one of the best suburbs. However, for raising a family around Dallas, there are so many great choices....look up Frisco or Highland Village. Two wonderful places for kids, incredibly safe, economy doing well, etc.

The summer will be hot of course, but the rest of the year is just perfect! In the spring, we do have the risk for tornadoes but *knock on wood* I've lived here for 17 years and never seen one. While the sirens do go off occasionally, it's rare that it'd actually hit exactly wherever you are.

Frisco and Highland Village also both have amazing school districts. Try looking up Plano too. I hope this helps, good luck!

Cyndi
[URL="http://www.aroundtownnewlyweds.wordpress.com"]www.aroundtownnewlyweds.wordpress.com[/URL]
(Find fun things to do around DFW!)

Old 12-30-2010, 12:15 AM

3 posts, read 6,299 times
We are thinking of moving to Texas as well...Dallas area..we looked at a few homes around Gainesville...anyone know much about that area??

Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrims View Post
We are thinking of moving to Texas as well...Dallas area..we looked at a few homes around Gainesville...anyone know much about that area??
You will get better answers if you start a new thread, especially if you start it in the Dallas forum. About the only thing I can tell you about the area is that it can get very hot in summer but still get a few bad blizzards in winter, I have had to drive through it several times on the way to Duncan OK to visit my father in law at christmas time. Lake Texoma is a good sized lake near there, but the water is very muddy from all the silt that washes down the Red River. Cost of living is low, but poverty level is high, unemployment is fairly low.

Gainsville is in the edge of the worst areas for Tornado activity.

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-30-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas