Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM

50 posts, read 66,772 times

Advertisements

I'm a 32 year old black female. So crossing my fingers!! Lol but honestly I'm looking to meet new friends and enjoy a new life in Dallas. I'm not searching for a husband but if God brings one to me I won't be opposed to the idea!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The dating scene is better in some ways for black women than it is for white women, unless those white women are looking for black men. I got enough grief when I married a non-Jew so while I wouldn't be opposed to dating a black man, it's really not worth the grief I'd get from my family. Sad but true.

Dating scene in Dallas = sucks if you're a white female over 35. Fact.
Oh, we're worth it. Believe me.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 PM

405 posts, read 823,306 times
Quote:
The dating scene is better in some ways for black women than it is for white women, unless those white women are looking for black men. I got enough grief when I married a non-Jew so while I wouldn't be opposed to dating a black man, it's really not worth the grief I'd get from my family. Sad but true.

Dating scene in Dallas = sucks if you're a white female over 35. Fact.
No offense, but I think the dating scene is hard for most women over 35 period, no matter where they live or their race...lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito Brigante View Post
No offense, but I think the dating scene is hard for most women over 35 period, no matter where they live or their race...lol.
Well in that case I have a few more years to go!! Lol

Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 AM

471 posts, read 807,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSexCNurse View Post
Moving from Memphis to Dallas where the women are plenty and men are scarce. Wondering if its the same in Dallas. Are the men afraid of independent women in Dallas as they are in Memphis??
I guess it depends on what you mean by "independent". I mean, most guys would be happy if you don't want to take all their money. But if you mean a girl with her nose stuck up in the air as if she's God's gift to men because she may be cute and have her own career and thinks she's above possibly cooking a meal because she's "equal" or something like that then no.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by "independent". I mean, most guys would be happy if you don't want to take all their money. But if you mean a girl with her nose stuck up in the air as if she's God's gift to men because she may be cute and have her own career and thinks she's above possibly cooking a meal because she's "equal" or something like that then no.
I honestly wish that was the case. But no I'm not bossy, obnoxious, or anything of that nature. I've asked some of my male friends here in memphis and most say that having a woman who can not carry her own weight gives them a sense of need and power over the woman and that's why most men here go for a woman who is dependent on their man. Crazy right!!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Oh, we're worth it. Believe me.
You haven't met my dad.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSexCNurse View Post
I'm a 32 year old black female. So crossing my fingers!! Lol but honestly I'm looking to meet new friends and enjoy a new life in Dallas. I'm not searching for a husband but if God brings one to me I won't be opposed to the idea!!
I know this is off topic, but you have the best outlook I have heard in a while.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I know this is off topic, but you have the best outlook I have heard in a while.
Thanks!! I try to be pretty positive. Just looking to enjoy life. You only get one chance at it. Lol

Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
You haven't met my dad.
And he hasn't met me.

If I truly love someone, though, I wouldn't care if no one approved of the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: