Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best downtown in Texas
Austin 36 21.95%
San Antonio 23 14.02%
Houston 30 18.29%
Dallas 59 35.98%
Fort Worth 16 9.76%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Yep.
Stuff like this go ignored...its like a slap in the face to some people.....It a rude awakening that Dallas-downers hate to face......Kudos to Dallas .....all of these developments are IN DT Dallas. Credit will never be given to Dallas as it progresses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Yep.
Downtown Dallas development surges with new deals

After taking time off for the recession, developers are rushing to get the next generation of downtown Dallas real estate projects underway. At least two dozen developments are either in the works or planned to start soon — including new hotel space, apartments and remodeled office skyscrapers.

Downtown Dallas development surges with new deals | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Stuff like this will go un-noticed.Dallas never gets credit when our progress slaps people in the face. And ALL of these are in DT Dallas.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

Stuff like this will go un-noticed.Dallas never gets credit when our progress slaps people in the face. And ALL of these are in DT Dallas.
AWWWW!!! Poor Dalley Wauwie!

Welcome to the life of your big brother... Houston. Its been slammed, slighted, and given a bad rap for at least the last century. But i don't think that's the case in Dallas. Just a case of Dallas pouting when it's not always the star of the show.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
AWWWW!!! Poor Dalley Wauwie!

Welcome to the life of your big brother... Houston. Its been slammed, slighted, and given a bad rap for at least the last century. But i don't think that's the case in Dallas. Just a case of Dallas pouting when it's not always the star of the show.
That really was a double post(thought the first one didn't ....sorry if it came off as pouty. Sometimes I use my phone to post and there's plenty of ways to screw something up.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Judging by the results of the poll, it's official.... this is a very homer-friendly vote thread.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:24 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Judging by the results of the poll, it's official.... this is a very homer-friendly vote thread.
If that was true Huston would be winning by a landslide as most Houston posters voted San Antonio.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
If that was true Huston would be winning by a landslide as most Houston posters voted San Antonio.
lol.

To be fair, Houston and Dallas are improving in their downtown areas, so I guess I can understand.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

As I said before, i personally don't think Houston should be winning, but It is funny how the Dallasites want to call "homerism" on a poll that they're losing.

The most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood thread (that Uptown Dallas is currently winning) seems to have no complaints there. Hypocrasy "hating" behavior strikes again.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 13,026 times
How is this poll not a runaway for Austin?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
As I said before, i personally don't think Houston should be winning, but It is funny how the Dallasites want to call "homerism" on a poll that they're losing.

The most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood thread (that Uptown Dallas is currently winning) seems to have no complaints there. Hypocrasy "hating" behavior strikes again.
I don't think Dallasites care. Judging from your posts in this and other threads it seems your taking polls to seriously. All this while Dallasites keep improving their downtown.

Some Newsfeeds from today.

Sidewalk sale: Dallas (finally) inches closer to loosening regulations on downtown street vendors

Dart board to look at new mass transit options in Arlington and downtown Dallas

4-year redo of downtown Dallas' Horseshoe highways is starting

Dallas City Hall looks toward more fun and fairness

A Dallas man was sitting in a park when he was kicked in the face and forced to sing a song
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas