Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,872,453 times

Advertisements

Any of them--including Blake's....will do when you're in a hurry, especially if you're traveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,347,398 times
I once had a friend who worked at a What-A-Burger at Lubbock some thirty years ago. I know she had a BA or BS at the time. I remember her getting an employee of the month award.

But I digress. I guess WaB stores have been around a few years now.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:11 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
It is common when the gender of someone is unknown to say "he" or "his". So if you were offended, just insert "she" and "hers" if that makes you feel better. No biggie. I find it telling that you didn't deny the main point of my post.
I did with my sarcasm about you reading minds. You aren't good at it. So far, you seem to be the only poster who is offended by this thread. Just because you are personally offended by negative criticism of a restaurant you probably have no business relationship with does not mean that everyone else does and that it was the intention of this thread. This thread was going fine with the honest opinions I intended for the thread to have, and YOU had to come in and try to ruin it. YOU are the one who is bringing the argumentative tone. For all I know, you're the only one who is baiting in this thread.

Last edited by L210; 09-01-2013 at 11:20 PM..

Old 09-02-2013, 03:58 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,602,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
They toast the buns on the grill if you ask. Whataburger is really the type of place where you customize your burger. Just like asking for fat on your brisket.
Wellll, you have a point there UTH, but I haven't found it to be true in this area. In fact, I may just make a point to go to the nearest one here in town and find out for myself! LOL

But -- just curious as to your opinion -- wouldn't the "customizing" concept sorta negate the whole purpose of a drive-thru/fast food joint and why people come there to begin with?

Anyway, my real reason for not caring anything about Whataburger is (as some others have said) "soggy buns" and -- IMHO -- "underdone" meat. I actually find a good double quarter pounder at McD better! I hope that doesn't cost me my native Texas credentials to state this for the record!

Old 09-02-2013, 05:24 PM

581 posts, read 924,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I know this might upset some people, but Whataburger's burgers make me want to vomit. I think it's the bread. The last time I bought one because I had a coupon, I fed most of it to my dog. The only burger that I've tried that's worse, in my opinion, is Sonic's burger. I also don't like chicken fried steak. I know these two things make me a bad Texan, but I think I make up for it by loving Tex-Mex, barbecue, and Dr. Pepper. I just want to know if I'm alone in hating Whataburger's burgers. When I order food from there, the lunch entree is always chicken except for the crispy chicken sandwich which is just as disgusting as the burgers.
Yes, you are the only one.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
Yes, you are the only one.
Did you even bother to read any of the other posts?

Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 PM

581 posts, read 924,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Did you even bother to read any of the other posts?
I did read the other posts and they are innocent by insanity making you still the only one.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:20 PM

26 posts, read 58,769 times
Wataburger is no where near the best burgers I'd say they are mid range for fast food. But complain about Wataburger really? Here in DFW I'm in a culinary waste land where they can't even make toast! They under cook, over salt, over sweeten and generally screw up everything. I haven't had a decent breakfast out since the last time I was out of the state.

Of all the things wrong with the restaruant scene in Dallas Wataburger is what it is billed ot be fast food!

All though the idea of bringint you a service try makes me bite my tounge to not laugh out loud at the server. Its fast food not fine dining!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,521 times
Like I said before, I doubt seriously that the OP REALLY hates them. Any time someone starts a thread among people who for the most part, really love something, by saying stuff like "can't stand them", "makes me want to vomit", "I HATE them", etc., it gives you a clue. The post is about baiting the listeners and there is typically very little truth to their statements.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Like I said before, I doubt seriously that the OP REALLY hates them. Any time someone starts a thread among people who for the most part, really love something, by saying stuff like "can't stand them", "makes me want to vomit", "I HATE them", etc., it gives you a clue. The post is about baiting the listeners and there is typically very little truth to their statements.
You are the one who is baiting. You seem to be the only one who feels baited. I'm just going to ignore you. Everyone else just carry on civilly like you have been. I don't have time for paranoid people. If I say I hate their burgers, I hate their burgers. Stop trying to be a psychic or psychologist. If you continue to try to ruin this thread with your off-topic ramblings of paranoia, I'm going to report you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas