Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 07:13 PM

146 posts, read 352,935 times

Advertisements

Those renderings are not finalized, expect something different than the towers shown.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:23 PM

121 posts, read 145,071 times
No bigger waste of time than getting exited about master plans. The above reminds me of this:

Dallas Midtown Master Plan - YouTube

Come back after something gets built. By the time they do if they do and they finish it, like this project in Dallas, my grandchildren will long be dead. But let me say, at least they are planning to build it in the right part of town.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi the baby deer View Post
No bigger waste of time than getting exited about master plans. The above reminds me of this:

Dallas Midtown Master Plan - YouTube

Come back after something gets built. By the time they do if they do and they finish it, like this project in Dallas, my grandchildren will long be dead. But let me say, at least they are planning to build it in the right part of town.
Sorry, I can come back whenever, this thread is for us forumers to post new developments (towers) on the boards for our city. The Uptown Park Master Plan is a well-planned redevelopment project, unlike that Dallas Midtown Master Plan. In fact, they already began terminating leases and relocating tenants to begin on one tower and at the Uptown Park shopping center, they plan to begin on luxury residential high-rise soon, with a developer already on tap to run the high-rise.

Quote:
During the third quarter of 2013, we began the process of terminating leases with or relocating tenants occupying a portion of our Uptown Park property which we refer to as the Baker Site and our Courtyard at Post Oak property at Post Oak and San Felipe in Houston, in order to prepare those sites for vertical re-development.
http://www.amreit.com/files/property/17/brochure.pdf

The first high-rise will begin while your alive, and the entire redevelopment project will be finish while your grandchildren are alive, sorry that I can't say the same for the Dallas Midtown Master Plan.

Last edited by Urbannnizer; 02-19-2014 at 08:03 PM..

Old 02-19-2014, 08:38 PM

Here's a finalized rendering of Uptown Park redevelopment from the Houston Chronicle!

Quote:
The changes are expected to come over the next decade and could begin late this year with the first building tentatively scheduled to break ground.

Moderator cut: Copyright. Please only include a snippet (2-3 sentences)

Uptown Park expansion When it's completed, Uptown Park could include luxury residential, office space, retail and a hotel. Here are the developer's projections:

Residential: more than 1,000 units in at least three buildings
Hotel: more than 300 rooms
Retail: an additional 100,000 to 150,000 square feet
Office: 850,000 square feet
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...5250104.php#/5

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 02-26-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 PM

121 posts, read 145,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannnizer View Post
Sorry, I can come back whenever, this thread is for us forumers to post new developments (towers) on the boards for our city. The Uptown Park Master Plan is a well-planned redevelopment project, unlike that Dallas Midtown Master Plan. In fact, they already began terminating leases and relocating tenants to begin on one tower and at the Uptown Park shopping center, they plan to begin on luxury residential high-rise soon, with a developer already on tap to run the high-rise.

http://www.amreit.com/files/property/17/brochure.pdf

The first high-rise will begin while your alive, and the entire redevelopment project will be finish while your grandchildren are alive, sorry that I can't say the same for the Dallas Midtown Master Plan.
Indeed, but you never know. Most areas next to a rebuilt freeway tend to revitalize. It hasn't failed to happen yet. And, like your development in Uptown Houston, this one taking place in Dallas is next to the Galleria! So, figure much of it is already complete. And, being built along the LBJ Freeway and between Preston Road and North Dallas Parkway isn't considered the cradle of civilization in Dallas terms, it sure comes in at a close second (To the area along the Northwest Highway between Northpark Center and Preston Center.

Last edited by Gandhi the baby deer; 02-19-2014 at 08:50 PM..

Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,866 times
Quote:
Here's a finalized rendering of Uptown Park redevelopment from the Houston Chronicle!

Uptown Park to alter area's skyline - Houston Chronicle
I lie this much better// the first one made i so bland

Old 02-19-2014, 10:43 PM

32 posts, read 57,058 times
Quote:

Uptown Park to alter area's skyline - Houston Chronicle

Wow that is amazing!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:42 PM

92 posts, read 113,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
ROTFLMFAO!!! ahh that was a good one.

i knew it would get compared to the Museum Tower.. like Urb said.. those were just conceptual renderings of what could be built there. but if that one does get built, so be it.. its a decent looking tower. especially with the matching shorter tower.

dude seriously? youre going to compare this..

Named Dallas Midtown, the project will feature 4,600 multifamily residential units, over 1,000 hotel rooms, high-rise buildings, and stores.

to this..

Residential: more than 1,000 units in at least three buildings
Hotel: more than 300 rooms
Retail: an additional 100,000 to 150,000 square feet
Office: 850,000 square feet

going by the stats provided, Dallas Midtown would be 4 times the size of the Uptown Park redevelopment project. but going by the pictures, it would be more like 9 times the size as there are over FIFTY high rises in the Dallas Midtown master plan, vs SEVEN high rises in the Uptown Park redevelopment plan.

just dont.

THIS^^ The first residential tower will be developed by Patrinely Group.

for sure. the first ones were just conceptual

you do realize Uptown Park is like 2 miles away from theGalleria, right? i agree the Dallas Midtown location is a decent spot. but your looking at like a 50 year master plan, assuming that were to ever materialize into anything close to what the plans show.
I like the Dallas plans way more than the Houston ones

Old 02-20-2014, 02:54 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
I like the Dallas plans way more than the Houston ones
well sure, they are more exciting. its a much bigger project.. but its also a pipe dream. just like their Trinity Lakes project.. the Uptown Park project is actually going to happen..

Old 02-20-2014, 03:19 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
The Dallas project will happen it will just be scaled WAY back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas