Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 03:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
There are 125,000 signatures on a petition to secede. Texas has a population of 27 MILLION people. That's a minuscule percentage of the population of Texas
This one has over a quarter million and odds are, Texas will have a vote at some point. They've been screaming for one too long. They consider Texas uniquely able to leave the United States and they want to do it. How many other states started screaming about it after Brexit? How many immediately launched a Twitter hashtag like #Texit? This is just something Texas does and there's no denying it.

Pledge Your Vote For Texas Independence

I just want to keep Texans in Texas and as a true patriot <insert lone star flag pin> you should too.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
There are 125,000 signatures on a petition to secede. Texas has a population of 27 MILLION people. That's a minuscule percentage of the population of Texas
Texans don't vote in large numbers.

How Ted Cruz Won His Senate Seat With Just 632,000 Votes in a State of 27 Million

We really shouldn't roll the dice on this. We don't know what we'll get.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This one has over a quarter million and odds are, Texas will have a vote at some point. They've been screaming for one too long. They consider Texas uniquely able to leave the United States and they want to do it. How many other states started screaming about it after Brexit? How many immediately launched a Twitter hashtag like #Texit? This is just something Texas does and there's no denying it.

I just want to keep Texans in Texas and as a true patriot <insert lone star flag pin> you should too.
Just because you read something on the internet, doesn't make it true. You do know that the article you're quoting is from the "Texas Nationalist Movement," which is hardly an unbiased source.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post

How Ted Cruz Won His Senate Seat With Just 632,000 Votes in a State of 27 Million

People need to get out and vote, I guess. I vote in every election. I don't know what everyone else is doing. Eating Tex Mex food, maybe?

Old 06-25-2016, 03:36 PM

298 posts, read 416,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post

The article is misleading. He got those voters in a primary. He won his senate seat, sadly, with around 4.4 million votes in an election with a voter turnout of 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Please, the texit tag was just people joking. If you don't like Texas, stay out of our forum - stay in Washington. That's all you have to do. You don't have to be extra.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:40 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
The article is misleading. He got those voters in a primary. He won his senate seat, sadly, with around 4.4 million votes in an election with a voter turnout of 50%.

Please, the texit tag was just people joking. If you don't like Texas, stay out of our forum - stay in Washington. That's all you have to do. You don't have to be extra.
Yeah, he's up there in that awesome, beautiful, wonderful place and all he can find to do on a Saturday afternoon is troll the CD TX forum. Really tells you all you need to know.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:

I would be happy to if Texans would stay out of Washington. Since Texas is once again beating that secede drum, I am showing my support for your departure. I am not the OP. And there is another thread in POC where I am also not the OP. You seem to be in denial.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Worse than that. He got those votes in a primary runoff, in August, when there was nothing else on the statewide ballot. But the comparison is apropos, because the secession vote could also happen in a low-turnout special election. There's no requirement that it be linked to a particular election cycle.

Note that the runoff primary that nominated Cruz determined the outcome in the general election, because Texas hasn't elected a Democrat to the US Senate since 1988. Based on margins of victory in general/statewide elections, that trend doesn't seem to be changing.

It's really not a laughing matter and it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:01 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
LOL @ the dupes who see a handful of crackpots here & there trying to make some noise on the internet or TV. The last bunch of "Texas secessionists" that made some desperate news filler was a dozen or so idiots led by a carpetbagger redneck from Missouri. I think they met in a honkytonk beer joint now & then.

None of our governors have "threatened" secession - that's just a fantasy conjured up by fools when someone asked that Perry idjit if it was possible, then blew his comment up into something it wasn't. Anything is possible, including Hillary actually telling the truth, but it ain't gonna happen unless there's some kind of catastrophic Armageddon.

260,000 calling for secession on an Internet site? Another LOL - I've signed similar petitions for Quebec and Scotland years ago.

The first Americans who actually threatened secession were Yankees from Bernie's neck of the woods - read up on the Hartford Convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas