Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 08:19 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times

Advertisements

Beto is a limousine liberal. I know, I live in ELP and know the whole family, mother, father, MIL, FIL , etc. Sorry this got off topic so soon. I was enjoying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 10:35 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
To turn your own question back to you, in today's world what do YOU think? Why not just ban all firearms so the law abiding public would be oh so much safer and if need be to let the law abiding public pretty please have a weapon, well shoot, just issue them some slingshots. Sorry to be rude but your post is ludicrous.
Some people live in their own world in their neighbourhoods or cities that don't have any crime issues. So, in today's world, everything is fine for them. I see this a lot in Alamo Heights. (Don't get me wrong... I do love living here)

Old 08-29-2018, 10:09 AM

8 posts, read 14,431 times
Thank you for all the information about the town, I really appreciate it! We ended up leasing a home in Kerrville and move in next month. We're excited about it. With all small towns come the obvious positives and negatives, but I'm hoping the positives outweigh the negatives. I'll be commuting into the north side of San Antonio for the time being, which I hope is short lived once I find another employment opportunity outside of town and closer to home. My wife is currently transitioning into the medical field, so Kerrville will work well in that regard. I wish there were more local employment opportunities outside of James Avery that fit my qualifications, but its understandable given the small size of the town.

My background is in Real Estate Development and now work in-house as a Landman for a large Oil and Gas exploration company. I'd be willing to transition into another field also, so if anyone has of any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks again for all the help!

JVC

Old 08-29-2018, 12:44 PM

-Move from Kerrville to Comfort for the easier commute
-Go to law school and get a job with one of the oil and gas firms in Boerne
-Move to Bee County or Goliad County and find a land job in Corpus or Victoria
-Maybe try to become a real estate agent or accountant/bookkeeper if you are up for it (may not pay as well but there are cheaper towns than Kerrville in the Hill Country that are just as nice imo)

I've been thinking about becoming a landman myself, but I also would like to live in the Hill Country, so not sure how it would work out. I might either work in Victoria or Corpus and live in a small town around there or just pursue a different career.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
Thanks for posting that. I had read a fair bit about Beto, but had never seen him speak. He's impressive.
His name isn't Beto. He uses it because he thought Mexicans would be stupid enough to think he's Hispanic, and vote for him. They did, but it wasn't enough. He and his out of state $70M campaign got BTFO'd by Ted Cruz. HAHAHA!

Old 01-08-2019, 10:44 AM

7 posts, read 5,384 times
I like Kerrville, and the people of Kerrville. I’m old enough to remember when you could walk through a parking lot, and it was not uncommon to see a pickup truck with a rifle on a rack in the back window, and probably the pickup truck was not even locked. As we kept teaching evolution in our schools, and we came from monkeys, and God Didn’t even exist. Once we lost our faith in God, and his all seeing eye, our morals went down hill fast. Guns DON’T kill people, people kill people, it’s a MORAL issue.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:43 PM

I have heard Kerrville is getting more unsafe

Old 01-13-2021, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,096 times
The fake Irish-Mexican is a con man. Perhaps if his politics impress you, you might want to consider California.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,096 times
The Comanche, a great people to be sure, were NOT disarmed or defeated by "single shot breach loading rifles and revolving pistols." The were defeated by the U.S. Cavalry, infantry and other large tactical units, armed with the most modern weapons of their time. Had the M1 been available to them both the Comanche and U.S. Army would have been using them. Please take your liberal, leftist politics to California or Colorado, where they are happily accepted. Thank you.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 585 times
I've lived here five years but I agree this town is very cliquish. I myself have not made very many friends. I'll be the first to say this town has a hidden racism that not many talk about. I've experienced it many times living here. The schools I have heard from many have experienced racism as well. Housing is beyond expensive even for a one bedroom. In my opinion it's not worth it despite the scenery.l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas