Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 10:02 AM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times

Advertisements

Honestly, If I was young and single and moving to Bulverde, I'd focus on San Antonio for work and social life. It's a much more interesting city than either San Marcos or Waco. I would imagine there would be more job opportunities too. Bulverde is within commuting distance to north San Antonio which is where the most of the jobs and growth are. And if you get established in the right job you can move closer.

If you are looking for universities then San Antonio has those too. UTSA is as large as Texas State, and Trinity University is an excellent school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 10:07 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi y'all.I am looking at getting married in the next few years.I am moving to Bulverde in 2 or 3 years.I think i will move to San Marcos or Waco afterwards.I am church of Christ and I am hoping to marry someone who is also church of Christ.

I know Texas State has more students than Baylor but Texas State is a party school last i heard and Baylor is Christian university.I live in Midland.Do y'all think San Marcos or Waco would suit my needs better???
Waco would be the better option for you.Waco has more Evangelicals and San Marcos has more Catholics.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:13 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Okay thanks for your input.would you move away from Bulverde?
I'm not a big fan of Waco, but if I was Church of Christ maybe and judging from your other posts I think you might fit in well there. San Antonio is really not that religious. All of your social life will be in San Antonio. Bulverde is basically a few neighbourhoods North of town off 281, it's not like a true small town or anything.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Waco only looks close to Bulverde on a map. Austin sits between them.
If I lived in Waco and my parents lived in Bulvered or vice versa I would just take 281 north all the way and then turn off near Waco. I highly doubt it is a much longer drive and there will be basically no traffic.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Honestly, If I was young and single and moving to Bulverde, I'd focus on San Antonio for work and social life. It's a much more interesting city than either San Marcos or Waco. I would imagine there would be more job opportunities too. Bulverde is within commuting distance to north San Antonio which is where the most of the jobs and growth are. And if you get established in the right job you can move closer.

If you are looking for universities then San Antonio has those too. UTSA is as large as Texas State, and Trinity University is an excellent school.
Idk if he will find the girl he is looking for in San Antonio. The religious girls seem to be mostly Catholic. The overwhelming majority seem to be Atheist or "Catholic" in name only. At least, I would assume the Waco area has more of his type.

Honestly, East Texas might be a good place for him.

Old 10-27-2020, 07:44 PM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Idk if he will find the girl he is looking for in San Antonio. The religious girls seem to be mostly Catholic. The overwhelming majority seem to be Atheist or "Catholic" in name only. At least, I would assume the Waco area has more of his type.

Honestly, East Texas might be a good place for him.
Well yeah, if you go looking for single women in bars or social settings you're more likely to find Catholics. But San Antonio has a ton of churches of every type. If one is living in the area one can certainly explore church events for young adults all over San Antonio.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:58 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Waco only looks close to Bulverde on a map. Austin sits between them.

Thats why i said relatively close.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post

I wont be needing employment,texasdiver but i appreciate the tip.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Waco would be the better option for you.Waco has more Evangelicals and San Marcos has more Catholics.
Okay thanks I appreciate it Ivory.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I'm not a big fan of Waco, but if I was Church of Christ maybe and judging from your other posts I think you might fit in well there. San Antonio is really not that religious. All of your social life will be in San Antonio. Bulverde is basically a few neighbourhoods North of town off 281, it's not like a true small town or anything.
Okay thanks.....I have been to Bulverde a few times.Why dont u like Waco that much,supfromthesite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas