Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:54 AM

4 posts, read 11,578 times

Advertisements

My family and I to are considering tx . Maybe ya could give me some suggestions . I have researched alot of the state and still havent made up my mind, here is the criteria i'm looking for please dont take offense. I would like a small town of 10,000 or a few less within 10-20 miles of lake that one can ski on . I'm looking for a climate that is mostly warm yr around. Tourist areas usely offer alot for teenagers to do but it needn't be a tourist town Of major concern is violent crime and drugs as well as I desire a town with a majority of white 90% or so, close to college's as I have (1 )beginning in the spring and another next yr. I have read a great deal on Jefferson and marble falls and both are being considered as well as Granbury although I read on their local [domain blocked due to spam] page that 2 woman were just found dead in a car murdered. yikes! where I live now in missouri it has become over run with blacks and drugs that the reason i wish to leave. Any suggestions? My Brother is in the us army stationed in san antonio , but i could never ajust to city life. Hill country sounds beautiful . Thank you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassymo View Post
My family and I to are considering tx . Maybe ya could give me some suggestions . I have researched alot of the state and still havent made up my mind, here is the criteria i'm looking for please dont take offense. I would like a small town of 10,000 or a few less within 10-20 miles of lake that one can ski on . I'm looking for a climate that is mostly warm yr around. Tourist areas usely offer alot for teenagers to do but it needn't be a tourist town Of major concern is violent crime and drugs as well as I desire a town with a majority of white 90% or so, close to college's as I have (1 )beginning in the spring and another next yr. I have read a great deal on Jefferson and marble falls and both are being considered as well as Granbury although I read on their local [domain blocked due to spam] page that 2 woman were just found dead in a car murdered. yikes! where I live now in missouri it has become over run with blacks and drugs that the reason i wish to leave. Any suggestions? My Brother is in the us army stationed in san antonio , but i could never ajust to city life. Hill country sounds beautiful . Thank you .
Sassymo,

You may also want to look at San Angelo. Not really hill country here in West Texas. There's a couple threads down from this one where I've addressed most of your concerns.

Feel free to reply here with any questions you have, or DM me if you want.

Good luck!

Rath

Old 05-15-2010, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,975 times
This response to to "BLONDIE's" Rant. Bigotry, like poverty, always seems to be with us. In these changin’ times, it is not often in this country that you come across open, unselfconsciously brutal bigotry, such as "Blondie's" commentary, but it is always there somewhere, lurking in the most respectable of places, and sometimes it drops its mask and bares its vicious teeth or better yet, it’s stupidity and acquired ignorance embraced.
I am still shocked by glimpses of this vindictive grimace. I had begun to think that the Americans in this country were getting educated and largely free of the ideological hatred and class war that so disfigured it in the 1960s and 1970s. But now I have come to realize that impression is all too superficial. Bigotry will find a way to step out, and it wants to condemn, punish and control. It is the mindset of the totalitarian (aka “Blondie”).

What horrifies me more than your general approach is the totalitarian detail in which you indulge in hatred. Above them but below everybody else is what your miniscule pea brain is comprised of.
Your mindset reminds me at once of the careful protocols of Nazi selection systems, or the elaborate plans put forward by Stalinists and Maoists; it reads like those chilling, heart-rending accounts of life in the USSR and communist China, from Solzhenitsyn to Jung Chang. This is political bigotry of the most vicious sort! “Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.” – Winston Churchill

Your insolence is not only offensive to the readers, "Blondie", but also even more insulting to innocent bystanders who are not here to defend themselves. Did you ever stop to ponder the “DIVERSITY” that bought and paid blood with their lives for YOUR FREEDOM so you can express your “freedom of ignorance” and put this kinda of smut for folks to read of your insolence??!! I am glad, however, that these bigots as yourself have done so, because folks like you who write these words and publish and publicise them on the internet have revealed themselves in their true colors.

I am glad that you feel free to publish your spiteful rant and that this website printed it. I can guarantee by their words shall ye know them. That is one of the great beauties of free speech. If we must have bigots and totalitarians in our midst, it is good to know who they are and what they think, so we can beware of them. “Blondie” hummmmmmmmmm (tongue in cheek expression) – FROM A PROUD BORN, RAISED, BRED AND EDUCATED TEXAN LADY!!!!

Now Blondie, I don’t expect you to understand what I wrote so here are the “Layman’s” terms YOU would understand:
You must be "White" Trailer Trash, Blondie. Yup, you'd fit right in with the supremacist white groups, but NOT in this neck of the woods of Texas. Then again, how would you label the "White" hispanics that are whiter than your bleached pigskin and who also have blue eyes? You sound backwoods to me "girl." Sounds like you're comin' outta KKK country. As for your EDUCATION, "Blondie"...wellll cain't do much there. Did you know we're in the 21st century? Good luck catchin' up on ALOT of readin', Dear "Blondie!" And you speak of church?!!!I'm sure the Good Lord is just Lovin' ya! Matter-of-fact, "Blondie" STAY where y'ar! Don't come here to Texas, you're "lack of" education will only depreciate our state! Have a Grrrrrrrrrreat Day! – Now I knows you CAN understand that! I think!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,975 times
Exclamation Best Small Towns In Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie1 View Post
no
no preference i just dont want to be living with a bunch of mexican speaking mexicans lol no offense to anybody
and i dont wanna stick out like a sore thumb i'm white and i'd like to be among my own people
just looking for a nearly crime/drug free place
that has stuff to do for my child
and work for me a bar store or diner
and of course church is a big thing but seeing how this is texas were talking about i dont need to ask

This is for “Blondie.” Bigotry, like poverty, always seems to be with us. In these changin’ times, it is not often in this country that you come across open, unselfconsciously brutal bigotry, such as “Blondie’s” commentary, but it is always there somewhere, lurking in the most respectable of places, and sometimes it drops its mask and bares its vicious teeth or better yet, it’s stupidity and acquired ignorance embraced.

I am still shocked by glimpses of this vindictive grimace. I had begun to think that the Americans in this country were getting educated and largely free of the ideological hatred and class war that so disfigured it in the 1960s and 1970s. But now I have come to realize that impression is all too superficial. Bigotry will find a way to step out, and it wants to condemn, punish and control. It is the mindset of the totalitarian (aka “Blondie”)

What horrifies me more than your general approach is the totalitarian detail in which you indulge in hatred. Above them but below everybody else is what your miniscule pea brain is comprised of.

Your mindset reminds me at once of the careful protocols of Nazi selection systems, or the elaborate plans put forward by Stalinists and Maoists; it reads like those chilling, heart-rending accounts of life in the USSR and communist China, from Solzhenitsyn to Jung Chang. This is political bigotry of the most vicious sort! “Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.” – Winston Churchill

Your insolence is not only offensive to the readers but also even more insulting to innocent bystanders who are not here to defend themselves. Did you ever stop to ponder the “DIVERSITY” that bought and paid blood with their lives for YOUR FREEDOM so you can express your “freedom of ignorance” and put this kinda of smut for folks to read of your insolence??!! I am glad, however, that these bigots as yourself have done so, because folks like you who write these words and publish and publicise them on the internet have revealed themselves in their true colors.

I am glad that you feel free to publish your spiteful rant and that this website printed it. I can guarantee by their words shall ye know them. That is one of the great beauties of free speech. If we must have bigots and totalitarians in our midst, it is good to know who they are and what they think, so we can beware of them. “Blondie” hummmmmmmmmm (tongue in cheek expression)

– FROM A PROUD BORN, RAISED, BRED AND EDUCATED TEXAN LADY!!!!

Now Blondie, I don’t expect you to understand what I wrote so here are the “Layman’s” terms YOU "might" understand:

You must be "White" Trailer Trash, Blondie. Yup, you'd fit right in with the supremacist white groups, but NOT in this neck of the woods of Texas. Then again, how would you label the "White" hispanics that are whiter than your bleached pigskin and who also have blue eyes? You sound backwoods to me "girl." Sounds like you're comin' outta KKK country. As for your EDUCATION, "Blondie"...wellll cain't do much there. Did you know we're in the 21st century? Good luck catchin' up on ALOT of readin', Dear "Blondie!" And you speak of church?!!! I'm sure the Good Lord is just Lovin' ya! Matter-of-fact, "Blondie" STAY where y'ar! Don't come here to Texas, you're "lack of" education will only depreciate our state! Have a Grrrrrrrrrreat Day! – Now I'm hopin' but not bettin' you CAN understand that!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:44 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times
Since all of her posts (including this thread), are three and a half years old, I don't think Blondie is around to hear what you're saying to her. This is an OLD thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas