Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 07:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You're digging your hole deeper and deeper. You should probably take the time to do a little research especially if you don't think there's money being made by keeping people sick. That's a pretty simple one. Why else is fast food given better subsidies than healthier foods? You're going to have to rely on your brain also in order to put clues together because you won't find all the answers spelled out for you in an newspaper article.

But the post you were responding to was just talking about who funds various research articles and that info is very easy to find. If you're too lazy to search for that then what's the point?
Generally the way it works around here is that if you make a claim, you substantiate it with links to the information you claim is legitimate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 08:03 AM

364 posts, read 1,420,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You're digging your hole deeper and deeper. You should probably take the time to do a little research especially if you don't think there's money being made by keeping people sick. That's a pretty simple one. Why else is fast food given better subsidies than healthier foods? You're going to have to rely on your brain also in order to put clues together because you won't find all the answers spelled out for you in an newspaper article.

But the post you were responding to was just talking about who funds various research articles and that info is very easy to find. If you're too lazy to search for that then what's the point?
I'm a special ed teacher in high school. I can't get any lower. Rock bottom and I are old friends.

I'm not interested in researching what you are suggesting. I suppose I just don't care enough. Could be laziness though. I try to avoid getting into these discussions, but couldn't help myself when someone posted "the CDC owns the vaccine." Or similar. If such a statement is made, it should be proved by the person who posted it. Burden of proof and all that. But, since this isn't a scientific journal forum, we aren't held to such standards.

I do appreciate that you didn't make it personal. It is easy to devolve into name calling. Glad you are above that.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:10 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
I like the way people seem to believe both that scientists are incredibly powerful (”they're imbedding nanochips in vaccines to exert mind control over people!”) and completely incompetent (”vaccines don't work and they cause autism!”) at the same time.

Come on folks, which is it?

Old 06-02-2021, 08:50 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I like the way people seem to believe both that scientists are incredibly powerful (”they're imbedding nanochips in vaccines to exert mind control over people!”) and completely incompetent (”vaccines don't work and they cause autism!”) at the same time.

So are you saying scientists are all robots that think the same? They cane come to different conclusions using evidence?

Please post where anyone here said what you are saying because kt looks like you're making things up.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:13 PM

34 posts, read 31,527 times
Quote:

Hardly anybody thinks about both claims. This is some bizarre strawman you want to come up with because you blindly trust the news.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:50 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0y88 View Post
...blindly trust the news.
many do...

such as
New U.S. Covid-19 cases at lowest levels since June (MSNBC)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...?ocid=msedgntp

Hurray... less (new) cases today vs before we had Covid spread, and before testing was even available to the USA populace

1) Of course testing & reporting was reduced in Apr 2021 as 'positives' were deemed counter-productive to the 'new' message.
2) It's now summer (very low Flu / Covid season) Have you had the flu in June in the last 50 yrs?, maybe once?
3) 100% of the vacinnated statistics are reflected NOW vs March 2020.

Winter is coming... 2022, 2024...

Of course it is usually summer in Texas, and W-i-d-e open spaces, so no need to expect Covid at all. Maybe for a few in Texas who have to daily ride a crowded subway train to mandatory work 100% with a high volume of daily customers in an enclosed space (as in most of Asia). Or those who must stand in a long crowded queue for groceries, food, bank, security check-points.

Texas 2,957,684 cases +2,417 yesterday (nearly double the next highest case state in USA) 51,798 DEAD

Doing 'average' for USA

Yes, 1,786 deaths / m = 1.786% (imagine that, math works!)
World average 476 deaths / m = 0.05% (Including the countries who really muffed it)
'Smart' and reactive countries w/ HC system (such as Japan) ~100 deaths / m = 0.01% (USA could have easily and expected to be in this group)
'Purposed' / controled countries (NZ, Singapore, Thailand, Chad!...) ~10 deaths / m = 0.001%

Old 06-04-2021, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Oh brother, why can't you just BE HAPPY that both deaths AND cases are going down consistently, not just in Texas, but also throughout the US? Vaccinations and prior cases (which apparently give immunity to most people) are apparently playing a big role in the downward trajectory, thank goodness.

The 7 day rolling average of new cases in Texas per day has consistently dropped and is now at 1,067 per day. The 7 day rolling average of new deaths is thankfully at 33, which is where we were at the end of June 2020.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

Unfortunately, 17 other countries, including some well to do and "advanced" countries such as the UK, Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Etc. have more deaths per million than the US, which is sad to me.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:31 PM

121 posts, read 81,864 times
Quote:

Well to be fair, the majority of the people that believe in either of those things are also probably religious...I would be more concerned if they didn't believe in those 2 things you listed while also being religious lol! Makes no sense!

Old 06-05-2021, 08:09 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
With 6 percent vaccination state wide? The Morgue is gonna be packed. And what about the new variants to which there is no protection? Oh well
3rd post from this thread:

Wrong prediction. I see "The Fear" had gripped you. R U standing by this?

It's so amusing AND enlightening to look back on these long threads in C-D and see the forecasts. I had totally avoided this thread for months but now its time to look back. What will be great would be for all these Doom is upon us types to come back and admit the error of their thoughts.

I'm going back to the thread start and go to the next fear monger.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:31 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Too bad that 94% of us Texans have ZERO protection against the original virus or any variants. But Gov Abbott has decided that the pandemic is over so he must know more than the entire scientific community, CDC, public health experts, etc.

I want this stupid pandemic to be over more than anyone but this such a fool’s decision that is going to cost more Texans their lives.
Page 2 post #11. Abbott was right and those calling him a fool are, well, foolish!

BTW, everyone that has had the malady OCVID-19 have a level of protection via t-cells. Thus the 94% would be wrong. But let's just state right here this is not a "vaccine" by definition. It is similar to the flu shot in that it won't keep one from getting the illness nor from spreading it. It is simply "supposed" to lessen the strain on hospitals by lessening symptom severity although there have been over 5,000 deaths post injection.

Let's also state that the fatality rate is 0.0173 among adults that contract the disease and way less amoung adolescents. I still can't understand parents that would inject their kids with an experimental substance that has unknown long-term consequences.

This exercise of going back and looking at these wild internet erroneous predictions, many politically motivated, is repetitive yet enlightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas