Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 11:15 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTX View Post
So, you do not have a legitimate link to back this up.
https://www.axios.com/moderna-nih-co...afd71f6a0.html

There are actual articles and videos that patents happened back in 2016 or 2017 for the delivery system of this vaccine. Now add it to the current emails of the Fauci virus and people should add it up that the push for a vaccine was politically motivated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 05:42 AM

364 posts, read 1,420,963 times
Axios. I had to look that up. It was started by a couple of ex-Politico employees. I guess they would tend to find political motivation in a story.

Thank you for the link.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 PM

47 posts, read 51,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
With 6 percent vaccination state wide? The Morgue is gonna be packed. And what about the new variants to which there is no protection? Oh well
Morgues didn't get so packed, huh?

Old 06-11-2021, 05:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptilol View Post
I expect a lot of crickets from the Doom and Gloom crowd.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:55 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,560 times
I drove to Fort Worth hospitals back when they said, "lines of people and no room in the ER!!!! Tents are set up for emergency intake".....LMAO. The hospitals were barren. The two ERs I walked into were empty. I was not hard to prove the absolute lie and fear mongering that was taking place in the beginning of 2020.

Old 06-11-2021, 06:51 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I drove to Fort Worth hospitals back when they said, "lines of people and no room in the ER!!!! Tents are set up for emergency intake".....LMAO. The hospitals were barren. The two ERs I walked into were empty. I was not hard to prove the absolute lie and fear mongering that was taking place in the beginning of 2020.

I remember hearing such reports back last March and thought it was kooky conspiracy theories until I kept seeing too many videos of places I know. The "explanation" was that they shut down all the non-critical services in anticipation of massive lines of people that never really materialized. There were lots of layoffs in the healthcare industry. It was all a "lie" for "good reasons", not just to make capacity to avoid what happened in Italy but to scare the bejabbers out of people to make sure they took this seriously.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:24 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptilol View Post
Do you buy insurance? Have you ever placed a bet on a college football game? Do you watch the evening news for the weather forecast?

All these things are based on predictions, and the predictions don't come from random right wing blogs or youtube videos. When faced with a completely unknown virus, the people who study outbreaks for a living were called upon to give their predictions. It was up to the government to listen.

Look up Dr Peter Hotez and what he thought about the mask mandate. He is based in Texas, and he is infinitely more qualified to speak on this subject than anybody on this thread. He studies this stuff for a living. He wanted to exercise caution because this wasn't risk from a football bet or the risk of a red car getting into an accident. This was something far more serious with GLOBAL implications. So in hindsight they did go overboard. But what if they went the opposite direction and didn't do nearly enough?

Old 06-11-2021, 09:20 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yep they were pretty empty in my area. My company assists hospitals with healthcare trainings and we were told initially our classes may not have as high of an attendance because the employers were "having a shortage" but double the amount registered and each training session we held over the next couple weeks was larger than the prior session. That was due to LPNs/CNAs having their shifts cut significantly. This tells me that the LPNs and CNAs weren't really needed, which means the hospital was not overrun with covid patients. Only now, post plandemic, are hours slowly being restored for some healthcare classifications but not all! And with telehealth visits becoming the norm, some staff members won't get their hours back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I remember hearing such reports back last March and thought it was kooky conspiracy theories until I kept seeing too many videos of places I know. The "explanation" was that they shut down all the non-critical services in anticipation of massive lines of people that never really materialized. There were lots of layoffs in the healthcare industry. It was all a "lie" for "good reasons", not just to make capacity to avoid what happened in Italy but to scare the bejabbers out of people to make sure they took this seriously.
It wasn't a conspiracy. I drove by hospitals in my area too that were empty. I called a few and they said there is no wait. You mention healthcare layoffs - there were so many because people were not going in for elective surgeries or everyday check-ins. And those who did not have layoffs had their hours cut and this was across the board. Now why in the times of the "covid19 pandemic" would EVS workers have hours severely cut when they're the ones who shouldn't be because they clean the hospitals? Well one employer we worked with used the time to introduce cleaning robots for the hospitals which can replace their EVS staff over the next several years.

Besides there were several prior flu seasons where you can find articles that talk about ICUs being at capacity and long waits in the ER, just there wasn't a mass hysteria behind it unlike now.

Another evidence hospitals may not have been as busy were all those tiktok dancing videos. Some will say "oh but they were just having fun!". That's fine but then why were some of the dances so elaborate with healthcare workers coming out of patient rooms walking down empty hallways like a movie production. I highly doubt patients were in those rooms which means that's a whole hospital wing which is empty.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:24 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
This was something far more serious with GLOBAL implications. So in hindsight they did go overboard. But what if they went the opposite direction and didn't do nearly enough?

I don't have a problem with them erring out of an "abundance of caution" but with them refusing to back off when mountains of data have made it clear.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:01 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Yep they were pretty empty in my area. My company assists hospitals with healthcare trainings and we were told initially our classes may not have as high of an attendance because the employers were "having a shortage" but double the amount registered and each training session we held over the next couple weeks was larger than the prior session. That was due to LPNs/CNAs having their shifts cut significantly. This tells me that the LPNs and CNAs weren't really needed, which means the hospital was not overrun with covid patients. Only now, post plandemic, are hours slowly being restored for some healthcare classifications but not all! And with telehealth visits becoming the norm, some staff members won't get their hours back.

It wasn't a conspiracy. I drove by hospitals in my area too that were empty. I called a few and they said there is no wait. You mention healthcare layoffs - there were so many because people were not going in for elective surgeries or everyday check-ins. And those who did not have layoffs had their hours cut and this was across the board. Now why in the times of the "covid19 pandemic" would EVS workers have hours severely cut when they're the ones who shouldn't be because they clean the hospitals? Well one employer we worked with used the time to introduce cleaning robots for the hospitals which can replace their EVS staff over the next several years.

Besides there were several prior flu seasons where you can find articles that talk about ICUs being at capacity and long waits in the ER, just there wasn't a mass hysteria behind it unlike now.

Another evidence hospitals may not have been as busy were all those tiktok dancing videos. Some will say "oh but they were just having fun!". That's fine but then why were some of the dances so elaborate with healthcare workers coming out of patient rooms walking down empty hallways like a movie production. I highly doubt patients were in those rooms which means that's a whole hospital wing which is empty.
And here ya go people. The evidence is pretty much clear as and LED light in an operating room, but most will simply not accept it. Thanks for chiming in and adding to the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas