Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 01:15 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with Trump supporters in general. If you prefer his policies specifically over his competition, no problem there.

Voting for Trump isn’t always about a wall, a Supposive “free of corruption” etc.

However, the ones who excuse his Epstein connections while pointing at the Clintons. The ones who pretend his business is free corruptions, etc. Those are the brainwashed ones that are particularly cringe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 02:59 PM

240 posts, read 209,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Truth be told I lost you a loooong time ago.

His pedigree is not government fo sho ! I NEVER called him moral and just pointed out he was not a career politician as most in DC. (Don't assume nor put on me a point I never took)

Most of those in DC have been there for over a decade and the metamorphosis that the DC environment brings is unarguable.

So, I at least have a tangible fact based argument.
Why would a non politician want to engage in the rough and tumble business of politics?

Old 07-02-2021, 05:00 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheblack View Post
why would a non politician want to engage in the rough and tumble business of politics?

Old 07-02-2021, 05:39 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
Donations from all Americans are welcome. Since Biden admin does nothing, then American people will.

https://www.borderwall.texas.gov/
Their life is more difficult than anything I could ever imagine. I don't wanna do anything that might make somebody's life more difficult than it already is, when they have done nothing to effect my life in any kind of way. It just don't seem like that would be the right thing to do. I can feel it in my gut. I'd be worried God would get me for that move. I ain't gonna do that. You can build that wall but the only way I will pay for it will be thru my taxes.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:50 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,507,167 times
You drank the kool aid BobTex. Congratulations.

Reading his speech in context, its so full of lies and BS its comical. Yeah, the media is biased to the right and left, the politicians are crooked on the right and the left, but to think Trump was the solution was ridiculous. Hes every bit as crooked as the Clintons.

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/49785...lt-accusations

Old 07-02-2021, 08:11 PM

3,281 posts, read 1,418,208 times
If you want to quote Donald Trump, I prefer this gem:

"Actually, throughout my life. my two greatest assets have been my mental stability and being, like, really smart."

January 6, 2018

Old 07-02-2021, 09:50 PM

240 posts, read 209,535 times
Experienced politicians know how to successfully navigate the legislative process. Trump did not and does not have a clue. Outside of grifting and throwing his considerable weight around, he was the most incurious president of my lifetime.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:57 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I thought you were for "small government"?

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...n-border-wall/

To Cigarroa’s horror, the riverfront is also one of many locations the Trump administration has spent much of the last year trying to seize for the construction of a 30-foot-tall steel border wall. With a 150-foot security zone and two service roads, the imposing barrier would entirely seal off the Cigarroa family land—not to mention much of the wildlife in the area—from the river. Despite more than a year of pressure from federal officials in the form of phone calls, emails, and court filings, Cigarroa and her husband have refused to sign legal documents that would allow the government “right of entry” to survey the property, a crucial first step in the eminent domain process. Like many landowners fighting to maintain control of their land in South Texas, her family’s plan was to hang on until November, when she hoped a Biden victory would deflate efforts to construct the border wall and prompt government lawyers to drop their lawsuit seeking access to the family’s property. But in recent weeks, she and other landowners in Webb County and neighboring Zapata say, the opposite has happened.

“The government is trying to stuff as much of the wall onto our land as possible in the final two months that they can—and it won’t even be a complete wall!” said Cigarroa. “These are ordinary small landowners they’re targeting. It’s just so destructive and craven.”
Read this:
atop a bluff that affords expansive views of the landscape in every direction, including across the Rio Grande into Mexico.

The most impressive view, Melissa Cigarroa tells me during a recent visit, may be the one directly below, where the slow-moving river winds through a fertile-looking floodplain several football fields wide and covered in bright-green honey mesquite trees, wildflowers, and tall grasses. For years now, this lush stretch of borderland on the edge of the family’s 173-acre property has been the site of numerous family fishing trips, barbecues, and birthday parties for Cigarroa, her husband, their five kids, and their extended families.

Cigarroa says the land ties them to the shared cultural heritage of Mexicans and Mexican Americans on both sides of the border. “We come out here to escape, but this is also a place that connects our family and grounds us in our history,” she said. “This is home.”

Sorry dear pick a country. Are you a mexican or are you an american. Its obvious they dont want a border at all.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:01 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You drank the kool aid BobTex. Congratulations.

Reading his speech in context, its so full of lies and BS its comical. Yeah, the media is biased to the right and left, the politicians are crooked on the right and the left, but to think Trump was the solution was ridiculous. Hes every bit as crooked as the Clintons.

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/49785...lt-accusations
Pointless wall o text much?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:58 AM

268 posts, read 180,381 times
NPR...always an unbiased news source. LOL

..and some here get mad if you use Fox News or Breitbart as a source.

What is the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas