Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 09:39 AM

223 posts, read 141,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I liked both Tech and the city of Lubbock....but I guess I am one of the "lesser" sorts, because my parents did not have enough zeros on the end of their paychecks to swing SMU or Baylor.

BTW....we know a little about that basketball magic. LOL
Baylor, Tech and Houston have all been in the Final Four the past 2 years. Tech should have won it all in 2019.

When was the last time A&M or Texas made a Final Four?

The last time Texas A&M football finished in first place was 1998.
The last time Texas football finished in first place was in 2009.

Since then Baylor has won the 2013 and 2014 BIGXII Football Titles, in addition to numerous National Titles in M&W basketball.

My point in bringing all that up is to illustrate that the Texas Longhorns and A&M aggies are nothing more than paper tigers.

A&M fans will constantly brag about money and the size of their stadium.

UT fans (like the one on this thread) will constantly brag about the past, and how much money they have........ because on the field they are nothing special.

The Texas media is also complicit in having you believe these two schools are much better at sports than what they actually are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 10:21 AM

1,952 posts, read 831,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post
Baylor, Tech and Houston have all been in the Final Four the past 2 years. Tech should have won it all in 2019.

When was the last time A&M or Texas made a Final Four?

The last time Texas A&M football finished in first place was 1998.
The last time Texas football finished in first place was in 2009.

Since then Baylor has won the 2013 and 2014 BIGXII Football Titles, in addition to numerous National Titles in M&W basketball.

My point in bringing all that up is to illustrate that the Texas Longhorns and A&M aggies are nothing more than paper tigers.

A&M fans will constantly brag about money and the size of their stadium.

UT fans (like the one on this thread) will constantly brag about the past, and how much money they have........ because on the field they are nothing special.

The Texas media is also complicit in having you believe these two schools are much better at sports than what they actually are.

Yeah...broke my heart we did not beat VA. It DID take them 3 OTs to beat us, so it was not like they blew us out.

Our baseball team has also done very well in recent years. We have gotten to where we ignore Tech football and watch basketball and baseball. Although...I admit I am loving the success Patrick Mahomes has found. That kid is destined for greatness!

Old 08-18-2021, 12:35 PM

22 posts, read 12,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
UT officials (and fans like me) supported Tech’s efforts to establish a vet school. I was on record as such in a thread about it in this very forum - debating an aggie who was arguing against it.
I am not a Tech basher, my granddaughter attended Tech, is married to a Tech grad, and still resides in Lubbock.
Debate on whether they should open a Vet school, and support it. But as long as they stay in their place, and not bother with accessing the PUF as another public state funded university? The mental gymnastics.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:42 PM

With the livestock industries in West Texas and the South Plains area, there SHOULD have been a vet school at Tech decades ago. The demand in the area is great for large animal vets.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:25 PM

19,829 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
With the livestock industries in West Texas and the South Plains area, there SHOULD have been a vet school at Tech decades ago. The demand in the area is great for large animal vets.
I own a pretty good bit of land in West Texas. For years demand for large animal vets was so high some worked for us as AI techs for about $12hr.

The vet. med. business might be the ultimate example of gov. involvement wrecking an academic sector.

1. For the last dozen or so years about 80% of vet. med. grads have been female. Let's be honest about this very few women are going to want to be large animal vets.

2. Back to my first point we yoyo from to many to not enough vet. med. grads. right now we have way too many.

IMO Tech should have invested in its human medical programs over a fledgling and largely unneeded vet. med. program.

I'll add a caveat......if Tech Vet. Med. finds ways to entice a good number of grads into becoming large animal vets. while setting up shop in places like Sterling City, Van Horn, White Deer, Brady, Iraan, Big Lake etc. I'll likely change my mind.

All to likely though too many are going to end up in Dallas and Houston tending to dogs and cats.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:49 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,360,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post

The Baylor Bears are the National Champions.

The last two NCAA tournaments have ended with the Baylor Bears hand being held up as the #1 school in the entire country.

The Texas longhorns are nothing more than pretenders stuck reminiscing about the 1960's, and the last all white national title team.

I'm going to repeat myself......The Texas Longhorns aint chit. and fanboys like you can only brag about the past.....because in the present the Texas Longhorns suck ass.

I'm assuming you are over 70 years old.

The truth about the Texas Longhorns is that they are an average football program the past 50 years since integration.
Most of their bigtime accomplishments they love to hang their hats on were done in pre historic times when the best players were not allowed to play.

This is UT's record the past 11 seasons. When you factor in all the money you all love to brag about it makes your performance on the field even more pathetic.

IMO the horns are leaving the BIGXII because they are tired of TCU kicking their ass.

2010 5-7
2011 8-5
2012 9-4
2013 8-5
2014 6-7
2015 5-7
2016 5-7
2017 7-6
2018 10-4
2019 8-5
2020 7-3
lol
You’re just tired of the Horns kicking Baylor’s butt.
Yet you want more money. That is what all the whining is about from the left behind schools, especially Baylor who won’t have Texas around to pay for its proposed basketball gym. Because they obviously can’t pay for it themselves, not to mention paying for that toilet bowl stadium on the Brazos.
Then there is the matter of paying all those rape victims’ settlements. Too bad Baylor wasted $15 million on getting rid of that rape enabling coach. The money should’ve gone to the students abused and assaulted by those football “stars” that won those two conference championships.
What a nice Christian culture that is... football is king above keeping coeds safe from rapists-
Yessir, a football record to be proud of, if you have the moral outlook of the Taliban.

And still amused at talking smack from behind TCU’s skirts.

Last edited by ScoPro; 08-18-2021 at 04:01 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 01:16 AM

435 posts, read 454,644 times
There's just something in particular about grown men living vicariously through the exploits of other men they don't even know throwing a ball around that is so unbelievably sad. It just reeks of impotence and failure, like a cuckold who has to watch other men please his wife because he can't do it himself.

Oh well, enjoy your new sportsball conference folks!

Old 08-20-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
There's just something in particular about grown men living vicariously through the exploits of other men they don't even know throwing a ball around that is so unbelievably sad. It just reeks of impotence and failure, like a cuckold who has to watch other men please his wife because he can't do it himself.

Oh well, enjoy your new sportsball conference folks!

Sorry, but referring to people you do not know as "impotent and failures" is what is unbelievably sad.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM

435 posts, read 454,644 times
Quote:
Sorry, but referring to people you do not know as "impotent and failures" is what is unbelievably sad.
I humbly and graciously accept your apology, especially because it sounds like that hit a little close to home and you feel wounded and defensive.

No worries champ, you can still put on your sportsball and live vicariously through other men to feel better.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:14 PM

638 posts, read 569,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
Not if you consider the profile of Tech’s first class. Very few of them are from urban areas. There’s a reason A&M rushed to put something together in Canyon to compete with Tech’s effort in Amarillo. It was a late recognition of the paucity of support A&M has given to the training of large animal vets in west Texas.
Tech confers more health related degrees than any system in Texas and does it dancing backward in high heels.
Can't rep you again or I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas