Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2023, 05:20 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,815,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
No I was not wrong. You were. As you usually are. There aren't 40+ consulates in Dallas. I don't care if Texas100 (also erroneously) said that there were 90+ in Houston. There's not. It's a fake number. Just like the idea of 40+ in Dallas. A phone number does not equal a functioning consulate or embassy. Its just a phone number to allow people in a particular area to get access to consular services faster.

Its not petty to demand accuracy. You don't care about accuracy, and then you use the weak excuse of trying to blame another poster's inaccuracy for the fact that you just parrot more inaccuracies. Life advice bro - if you do something wrong, don't KEEP doing it wrong - understand where you could improve and get better. You're a joke, because you just say things that are provably wrong and easy to disprove in the service of shameless cheerleading. It is why many don't take you seriously. And they shouldn't, when you just say things that have very little basis in reality.

To be 100% fair there are plenty of Houston posters that do the same thing, but none of them do so to the extent you do. You are the prototypical sunshine pumper within the Texas C-D space. I'm sure you take that as a point of pride.

If Dallas has all of these consulates on that list, please find the physical location of the Iceland consulate, or the Romania consulate in DFW. They don't exist - a phone number does not a consulate make.

What I said still stands - Houston is the international center of the state and will remain so for the foreseeable future, regardless of how many fake consulates DFW wants to claim. You should get over this. Its not my fault I call out BS when I see it.
Idk, Wikipedia lists 87 physical addresses and a PO Box for consular offices https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...nited%20States.

It also lists 2 former consular offices, which would have totalled 89 physical addresses and 1 PO Box

The Texas Secretary of state also lists the consular offices in Texas on their website:

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/border/i...es/index.shtml

Houston has an office for almost all of them that are located in Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2023, 05:23 PM

9,905 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Last I checked, Dallas had 6 consulate general offices, Houston had 49. Also, there’s 6 Offices of Foreign missions in the US: New York, LA, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, and Houston.

https://www.state.gov/subjects/forei...he-u-s/page/2/

Houston is an international trade center, partly but not entirely due to being the center of the oil industry in the US. Consulate generals gather around cities that deal with international trade.

I’ll count the updated list later. I believe Dallas has around 15 or so consular offices, but these serve as branches of other offices. (I.e. Korea has a consulate general in Houston and a branch of the Houston office in Dallas). Basically, the reverse of Houston branch of the Dallas federal reserve office.

Here’s a proper list of consulates in Texas and where they are located.

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/border/i...es/index.shtml

I remember in a previous thread it was asked, “Houston and Dallas what does one have that the other doesn’t”. I remember posting Dallas being a federal reserve center while Houston is a consular hub. This is what each brings in political importance.

Dallas is the head of the region on the other hand for the federal reserve

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 07-12-2023 at 05:47 PM..

Old 07-12-2023, 06:28 PM

9,905 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Consulate generals in Texas from most to least

Houston

Angola
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Chile
China (suspended)
Colombia
Costa Rica
Denmark
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
France
Germany
Ghana
Guatemala
Honduras
India
Indonesia
Ivory Coast
Israel
Italy
Japan
Korea
Kyrgyzstan
Mexico
Nicaragua
Norway
Pakistan
Panama
Peru
Phillippines
Poland
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
Saudi Arabia
Spain
Sweden
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United arab Emirates
UK
Uruguay
Vietnam

Dallas

Canada
El Salvador
Mexico
Peru
Sierra Leone
Uruguay

Austin

Ireland (I imagine the “Tech” connection for this)
Mexico

San Antonio

Mexico

Laredo

Mexico

El Paso

Mexico

Del Río

Mexico

Presidio

Mexico

Eagle Pass

Mexico

McAllen

Mexico

Brownsville

Mexico

Old 07-12-2023, 07:34 PM

23 posts, read 5,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
...Hmm....I wonder why Texas Tallest haven't corrected me yet? ......I know I would definitely correct someone if they called you dallasboi..... Because I'm one of a kind.

It's because two different people have to have two different brains......the two in question share one.

Oh..okay

TexasTallest likely hasn't "corrected" you because (as I said earlier) he likely was either booted out or simply has no further interest in this forum. Not sure why you want us to be the same person...or maybe it's because you don't like the amount of people rooting for Houston.

Old 07-12-2023, 07:53 PM

Quote:
..Whatever that means!!!!!....

If Dallas didn't have not ONE crane in the sky it STILL would be worth talking about.

a.
Dallas is not building and developing to be a great city.......b.It's building and developing to MAINTAIN it's evolving GREAT city status....there's a difference.

a.
Houson

b. Dallas

Houston is FIRST in his situation.

Lol...

You still have yet to name me ONE area in which Dallas is #1.

I've named Houston's #1's several times over...but here's a recap:

Biggest medical complex IN THE WORLD...

Energy Capital OF THE WORLD...

First retractable roof NFL stadium EVER (Of which AT&T ripped off )...

First domed sports stadium EVER...

Biggest mall IN TEXAS...

Biggest CITY IN TEXAS...

And I COULD keep going...after all, there are quite a bit more firsts...but you get the point.

Again...please name ONE AREA in which Dallas is first. All I can think of is first Texas team to win a superbowl. But then...I could just backdoor that lick with the Astros being the first team in Texas to win the World Series...then move on to the Rockets with their CLUTCH winnings FIRST. Soooo....you STILL lose that battle.

Fact is...Dallas is a great city that has all of the important amenities that anyone could wish for in a big city. It is great for families and overall living. But in the battle of IMPORTANCE, Houston's place is already cemented. Dallas can't even compete, and the fact that any logical mind debates against that is otherwordly.

Sad, really

Old 07-12-2023, 08:39 PM

6,698 posts, read 9,955,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeman41 View Post
Lol...

You still have yet to name me ONE area in which Dallas is #1.

I've named Houston's #1's several times over...but here's a recap:

Biggest medical complex IN THE WORLD...

Energy Capital OF THE WORLD...

First retractable roof NFL stadium EVER (Of which AT&T ripped off )...

First domed sports stadium EVER...

Biggest mall IN TEXAS...

Biggest CITY IN TEXAS...

And I COULD keep going...after all, there are quite a bit more firsts...but you get the point.

Again...please name ONE AREA in which Dallas is first. All I can think of is first Texas team to win a superbowl. But then...I could just backdoor that lick with the Astros being the first team in Texas to win the World Series...then move on to the Rockets with their CLUTCH winnings FIRST. Soooo....you STILL lose that battle.

Fact is...Dallas is a great city that has all of the important amenities that anyone could wish for in a big city. It is great for families and overall living. But in the battle of IMPORTANCE, Houston's place is already cemented. Dallas can't even compete, and the fact that any logical mind debates against that is otherwordly.

Sad, really
Largest wholesale market in the World - Dallas Market Center
Largest state fair in America - State Fair of Texas
Creator of the integrated circuit (microchip)
First convenience store in the World - 7-Eleven
Largest arts district in America
Largest unified collection of Art Deco buildings, sculptures, and murals in the world - Fair Park
The world's only theater designed by the legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright - Kalita Humphreys Theater
First mall ever to be featured in Vouge Magazine - NorthPark Center
Only subway station in Texas - Cityplace/Uptown Station
Only major downtown in Texas still with a flagship department store - Neiman Marcus
Largest independent department store in America - Stanely Korshak

Old 07-12-2023, 10:59 PM

281 posts, read 123,681 times
Default Why don't these cities seem bona fide

It may be due to a lack of historical value. I remember learning about the Boston Tea Party, The Paul Revere ride, Going to Ellis Island and checking out the Statue if Liberty or Times Square, Chicago with its Mob history, the Chicago fire and AL Capone. Baltimore with Fort McHenry, DC with endless history, Philadelphia with Independance Hall and the Liberty Bell. SaN Fran with the Golden Gate Bridge and the Gold Rush us Fisherman's Warf and Ghirardelli Square. Seattle with Alaskan Way and The Space Needle, LA has Hollywood. Heck even Nashville and Memphis have more history..San Antonio has The Alamo. New Orleans has The French Quarter and the War of 1812.
Places like Dallas, Houston and others really don't have any iconic, significance historically. Couple that with having no notable natural features like mountains or beaches rough weather. You cant build history or add natural features.
Most Americans would have to scratch their heads if you ask them about the 2. Yes, you can get a job there, it's cheaper than California, they are big cities and have a lot of mann made stuff to do. Yes I know JFK was shot I'm Dallas and Texas was won at San Jacinto. But most Americans don't care a lot about that.

Old 07-13-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Largest wholesale market in the World - Dallas Market Center
Largest state fair in America - State Fair of Texas
Creator of the integrated circuit (microchip)
First convenience store in the World - 7-Eleven
Largest arts district in America
Largest unified collection of Art Deco buildings, sculptures, and murals in the world - Fair Park
The world's only theater designed by the legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright - Kalita Humphreys Theater
First mall ever to be featured in Vouge Magazine - NorthPark Center
Only subway station in Texas - Cityplace/Uptown Station
Only major downtown in Texas still with a flagship department store - Neiman Marcus
Largest independent department store in America - Stanely Korshak

I think you're mistaken on what this list should consist of, but maybe that's my fault since I neglected to make this clear: I meant number 1's of actual IMPORTANCE.

Being the first mall to be featured on the cover of some magazine is helping America....HOW???

Biggest fair? Cool...Houston has the biggest rodeo. What now? And how is this important??

Let's try this again...Houston is the energy capital of the world. That is very important. What about Dallas can rival this?

Houston is the first to have both retractable and domed sports stadiums EVER. This is important because it set the trend for pretty much all other new stadiums to have the same. For GOD'S sake, your city wouldn't even HAVE it's Gazillion-Dollar stadium if NRG hadn't set the trend. So again...what innovations has Dallas made that can rival this?

Think hard this time please...because I'm not coming up with anything. And I'm being serious.

Old 07-13-2023, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
It may be due to a lack of historical value. I remember learning about the Boston Tea Party, The Paul Revere ride, Going to Ellis Island and checking out the Statue if Liberty or Times Square, Chicago with its Mob history, the Chicago fire and AL Capone. Baltimore with Fort McHenry, DC with endless history, Philadelphia with Independance Hall and the Liberty Bell. SaN Fran with the Golden Gate Bridge and the Gold Rush us Fisherman's Warf and Ghirardelli Square. Seattle with Alaskan Way and The Space Needle, LA has Hollywood. Heck even Nashville and Memphis have more history..San Antonio has The Alamo. New Orleans has The French Quarter and the War of 1812.
Places like Dallas, Houston and others really don't have any iconic, significance historically. Couple that with having no notable natural features like mountains or beaches rough weather. You cant build history or add natural features.
Most Americans would have to scratch their heads if you ask them about the 2. Yes, you can get a job there, it's cheaper than California, they are big cities and have a lot of mann made stuff to do. Yes I know JFK was shot I'm Dallas and Texas was won at San Jacinto. But most Americans don't care a lot about that.

I mean...while you're mostly right, I'm pretty sure that everyone associates the Cowboys and the 80's soap opera with Dallas...and Nasa, the Astrodome, and Beyonce with Houston.

Most people in America except those who are well travelled couldn't tell you anything about those other cities you mentioned outside of the things that EVERYONE knows either.

You're really reaching there.

Old 07-13-2023, 07:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
...I Never want to fight..... I'm all for JUSTICE.

People have overblown my personality to make it seem like I create confrontation and confusion when actually 95% of my post are in RESPONSE to injustice towards Dallas.... SIMPLE AS THAT.

You can EASILY see that if you go to my profile and read all of my post.

I never ignite fights...But I ALWAYS stand up for DALLAS.

They think I hate Houston....And I never even talk about Houston unless it's being compared to Dallas in a certain category....I visit their sub -Forum 1 or 2 times a year...Not because I don't like it but because I don't live there. So I couldn't enjoy what's being said.....Same with Austin and San Antonio..

Which is why I cleverly created the "Downtown BIG 6" thread...to have one spot to talk About all of them at once.......Then they said I made that thread to brag about Dallas..When it really was their fault for not adding info about whatever city THEY WERE FROM......I guess Dallas people are more happier with where they live than all of the other residents in other cities in the state.

They hate me for loving Dallas so much. ...So I guess it looks like bragging.

SO...NO..... I do not want a fight Kathryn.
That's fine, I'm not going to fight you anyway. I didn't even read all your post. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas