Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2023, 06:49 AM

11,871 posts, read 26,928,733 times

Advertisements

If anyone is told by their landlord that they are not wanted in housing because of their race, family status, or a disability, that is discrimination.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2023, 06:58 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,323,794 times
It certainly is... IF that's what really happened. But it didn't happen TO the poster, and by CD standards, he/she may be a bit too emotional about the whole thing.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:11 AM

11,852 posts, read 8,074,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
We know you're honing in on 'black' and 'not wanted', but there's not enough info in the post to make that declaration.
I general I agree, but if everything the OP said about the landlords neglectful maintenances is true, I think it's pretty easy to assume that they have a crappy landlord to say the least.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time fighting that landlord. I would look to move to another apartment or even city.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:23 AM

71 posts, read 50,168 times
I've rented before, this place is a great example of how not to do things. I pay $900 a month plus the electric bill for a 2 bedroom unit. I live in unkempt and dirty surroundings. The lawn has not been mowed in months. The landscape plants are dying. In the summer my electric bill is $100 due to poor construction. Ah well, this is rural Texas. There's no such thing as building inspectors or code enforcement. My former neighbors will be much happier living in a larger city. Being booted was a blessing in disguise. I plan on leaving myself. 2 years of this mess is enough. There are plenty of small homes for sale and the mortgage payment will be much less than what I'm paying now. With a USDA no down payment loan it's not impossible..

Old 11-24-2023, 09:36 AM

71 posts, read 50,168 times
Quote:
It certainly is... IF that's what really happened. But it didn't happen TO the poster, and by CD standards, he/she may be a bit too emotional about the whole thing.
My neighbor was told in person by management that he and his family needed to move, they were not wanted here. Being tired from working and caring for his family which included young and elderly family members, he was not in the mood to fight. He had reported that his kitchen plumbing needed attention and he was told to fix it himself. Towards the end they were washing dishes in a bucket. My other neighbor has had continual issues with her dishwasher, she was also told to fix it herself. My dishwasher has problems. I don't use it. When management tries to bully me I remind them I'm not a Texan. They're quite curious as to my background, lol.

Old 12-08-2023, 01:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,809,638 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that it involved unauthorized tenants; sounds like a lot of people were living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas