Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 04:33 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Most of it is true.
I wouldn't expect nothing else to come from someone from Dallas!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM

882 posts, read 2,246,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Somebody struck a nerve I see
Im fine with someone like you preffering DFW for various reasons, but those reasons are so idiotic as to why someone would prefer DFW/ATL, I mean its just so flawed in many ways.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Im fine with someone like you preffering DFW for various reasons, but those reasons are so idiotic as to why someone would prefer DFW/ATL, I mean its just so flawed in many ways.
On a more serious note I do understand where you are coming from.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,977 times
Houston is nothing but a dirty mosquito infested , roadside ditch town that can't even compete with other Texas cities. It's a big country city with nothing to do and it has no Six Flags. Austin ,DFW, and San Antonio are all better than Houston . It's light rail line system is a joke. I've also lived in Philadelphia , Baltimore ,DC and Atlanta and they all have great rail service when Houston , the typical country town opposes more miles of rail. Not to mention , it lacks of the ultimate urban vibe , you know , pedestrian oriented area that you see in Dallas and Austin . Dallas has Victory and DeepEllum .Austin has Sixth street and SoCo(South Congress). San Antonio has the riverwalk. New Orleans has Bourbon Street and Atlanta has it all. Houston is also a plague to all mankind without an entertainment district , no mixed use or transit oriented development , lack of creativity ,no music scene , no character , and no nothing. Afterall ,I would rate Houston as anyone's worst city. It's a city with no nightlife or no national name chains and that's why it gets no attention.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM

882 posts, read 2,246,124 times
^I hope no one replies to the above comment, because obviously the poster knows nothing about Houston. So, just leave this poster dwell in his hate for Houston.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckets View Post
Houston is nothing but a dirty mosquito infested , roadside ditch town that can't even compete with other Texas cities. It's a big country city with nothing to do and it has no Six Flags. Austin ,DFW, and San Antonio are all better than Houston . It's light rail line system is a joke. I've also lived in Philadelphia , Baltimore ,DC and Atlanta and they all have great rail service when Houston , the typical country town opposes more miles of rail. Not to mention , it lacks of the ultimate urban vibe , you know , pedestrian oriented area that you see in Dallas and Austin . Dallas has Victory and DeepEllum .Austin has Sixth street and SoCo(South Congress). San Antonio has the riverwalk. New Orleans has Bourbon Street and Atlanta has it all. Houston is also a plague to all mankind without an entertainment district , no mixed use or transit oriented development , lack of creativity ,no music scene , no character , and no nothing. Afterall ,I would rate Houston as anyone's worst city. It's a city with no nightlife or no national name chains and that's why it gets no attention.
I'll take your amount of posts and rep points as a reference point to your above post. Talk about ridiculous.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
Quote:
Whatever ub2b i mean, duckets. If you're going to post under a different name, try to be more original and say something different from your first material. Also, try not to be so obvious... Both of these are your first post?

CLASSIC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub2b View Post
I have to admit one thing to everyone is that no other city in Texas can stand ground or overtake Dallas because Dallas is the leader of the pack. It has the best amenities such as an expansive light/commuter rail system, a ton of mixed used developments, vibrant entertainment, 7 Elevens, Taco Bueno, Braums, Grandy's ,great weather, and everything that anyone could imagine.The reason I despise Houston so much is because it reminds me of a gigantic version of Silsbee/Beaumont , which is where I'm from being too country ,boring and depressing.Another reason I put Houston on my hate list is because the city refuses to add more miles of rail line and it is ruled by the automobile society and it doesn't have transit orient developments like Dallas has. Even Austin is getting its act together with the large number of high rise developments and light rail system.It's no wonder that Houston is the most hated city in america.It's stuck in the 70s where you have to ride for dozens of miles in the hot , blistering and humid heat just to get somewhere.Another thing I don't like about Houston is that it lacks of an entertainment district. I would also say that Atlanta is even better than Houston when it comes to public transportation , beautiful night time skyline , education , and excellent nightlife. Houston doesn't even have no amusement park and no good radio stations either. To me ,Houston is nothing but a big old raggedy , nasty , tore up, boring, car driven, country bumkin, sorry , and lame city that doesn't appeal to no one.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Now this is the true definition of "TROLL".....not me

Old 05-11-2010, 07:23 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Whatever ub2b i mean, duckets. If you're going to post under a different name, try to be more original and say something different from your first material. Also, try not to be so obvious... Both of these are your first post?

CLASSIC!!!
nice catch.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Now this is the true definition of "TROLL".....not me
Agreed.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas