Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 AM

157 posts, read 316,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewzerr68 View Post
You should have quit while you were behind.
Sister I bow to your wisdom.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:48 AM

6,696 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Yes, you told me that before, that is why I chose it.
You have a good memory. LOL

Yea the city hall is ugly too. I never liked it.

I wish they turned the Old Red Courthouse (Old Dallas County Courthouse) into the City Hall. That's building is so beautiful.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:44 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
This is a monstrosity.......................???

-Activate hater mode-

I don't NOT like that bridge. I just really don't find it appealing at all; especially with an empty dry ditch under it.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:05 AM

6,696 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
-Activate hater mode-

I don't NOT like that bridge. I just really don't find it appealing at all; especially with an empty dry ditch under it.
Fudgecake! (I really wanna say the F word right now) They are going to build lakes under the god dang bridge! You all know that but y'all still bring up that crap about the bridge having no water under it. Y'all will do anything to get under my skin.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:41 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Have you seen the recent development planned for that area? There's a lot of people who live in West Dallas. This will help alleviate the traffic on the freeways. The people who live in this area can get on the bridge instead of getting on the freeways.
Those plans are like so far out though.... They plan on basically building another Uptown Dallas on the other side of the Trinity. I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
There's alot of development happening on the west side of I-35 near Downtown Dallas. 5, 10, 15 years from now(?), Singleton Blvd may be very significant.
Yeah, but that's over by the Design District. It may be on the other side of 35E, but not on the other side of the Trinity. Not sure how Singleton is of any significance for this area. There is nothing on Singleton currently but old warehouses, auto shops, and empty land. I guess you could say that's prime for some redevelopment, but I think it'll be a while before this side of Dallas takes off. And who knows what will be built once/if it does. Most of the redevelopment I have seen in West Dallas is just parts of Oak Cliff going through gentrification. People are going to drive on the bridge because it is new, but they will just make a u-turn and cross back over it and head home. Is there going to be a bike lane on the bridge at least? Just to me, the bridge doesn't make sense. I mean, look at where we live, lol.

Last edited by Trae713; 08-07-2011 at 05:50 AM..

Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Yep LOL. The City Council said that they will have the Calatrava designed bridge.
He's not designing the entire bridge:

Quote:
With the new money from Texas Department of Transportation mixing with nearly $500 million expected to be paid by the North Texas Tollway Authority, the region can make good on the vision of three new bridges.

Calatrava’s involvement will be less than initially hoped, however. Only the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge will be fully designed by the Spanish architect.

He’s likely to play a role in designing part of the I-30 bridge, though probably only the spans that will carry the frontage roads.

http://www.trtcmobility.org/upload/06-07-11%20DMN%20-%203%20billion%20borrowing%20spree%20approved.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Yeah, but that's over by the Design District. It may be on the other side of 35E, but not on the other side of the Trinity. Not sure how Singleton is of any significance for this area. There is nothing on Singleton currently but old warehouses, auto shops, and empty land. I guess you could say that's prime for some redevelopment, but I think it'll be a while before this side of Dallas takes off. And who knows what will be built once/if it does. Most of the redevelopment I have seen in West Dallas is just parts of Oak Cliff going through gentrification. People are going to drive on the bridge because it is new, but they will just make a u-turn and cross back over it and head home. Is there going to be a bike lane on the bridge at least? Just to me, the bridge doesn't make sense. I mean, look at where we live, lol.
Conditions change. As I stated before; 5, 10, 15 years from now, the area west of the Trinity could be very desireable for developers due to the proximety of Downtown, Design District, Uptown, the new Trinity River Parks (currently under development), Oak Cliff etc.

When I lived in DFW back in the 90's, I didn't envision Uptown Dallas would be developed to the extent it is today. Some of that activity has been spilling over into the Design District for years now. So, the development trend is already moving westward.

LOL at "people are going to drive on the bridge because it is new". I'm sure some people may do it for that reason, but most will access the bridge because it will gives an alternative route to/from Loop 12 via Singleton to/from Woodall Rodgers Freeway, amongst other reasons.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Fudgecake! (I really wanna say the F word right now) They are going to build lakes under the god dang bridge! You all know that but y'all still bring up that crap about the bridge having no water under it. Y'all will do anything to get under my skin.
I still don't like the bridge.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
-Activate hater mode-

Well.....at least you've finally realized that you ARE a hater. And that discredits anything you say.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
If Houston can build a cruise ship terminal to nowhere for $108M, then I say it's alright for Dallas to build a suspension bridge over a ditch.
At least we know the bridge will serve its purpose once opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas