Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
exactly. just another pissing match between two rival cities. though i think in each case its pretty obvious the winner. Houston, LA, NY, Philly.
You think, but even you (being the Houston booster that you are) are not sure.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:13 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Forgot to mention

DFW is always the area where companies come to first when they want to expand into Texas. Trader Joe's, IN-N-OUT, Win Mart, Aldi, Bloomingdale's Outlet, etc.
Yeah that's because DFW is a good test market. You guys eat up national chains.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Yeah that's because DFW is a good test market. You guys eat up national chains.
Yeah, they are big on cheap, mass produced crap.
Dallas is so plastic. So fake. So inorganic.
If I had a new dollar store chain or some chinese buffet, I would test it in DFW too.

Dallas needs more organic uniqueness. Dallas is too sterile.
Nothing is naturally developed. Everything Everything strained and over the top.

Why so fake Dallas? Why

Old 08-08-2013, 04:47 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Yeah, they are big on cheap, mass produced crap.
Dallas is so plastic. So fake. So inorganic.
If I had a new dollar store chain or some chinese buffet, I would test it in DFW too.

Dallas needs more organic uniqueness. Dallas is too sterile.
Nothing is naturally developed. Everything Everything strained and over the top.

Why so fake Dallas? Why
But the same "crap" is going to Houston as well.

LA and New York are both major test markets, do you have something negative to say about it?

I bet if the roles were reversed you would be brag up a storm about how everything comes first to Houston. Everything that is Dallas related is bad to you. You are a homer on steroids.

Please tell me what's organic about Houston? Everything within both cities are man-made. So, please explain in detail.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:57 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
But the same "crap" is going to Houston as well.

LA and New York are both major test markets, do you have something negative to say about it?

I bet if the roles were reversed you would be brag up a storm about how everything comes first to Houston. Everything that is Dallas related is bad to you. You are a homer on steroids.

Please tell me what's organic about Houston? Everything within both cities are man-made. So, please explain in detail.

You're getting worked up over obvious trolling. I don't think anyone on this forum seriously believes Htownlove has ever stepped foot in DFW. I'm not convinced he's ever stepped foot outside of Houston.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
You're getting worked up over obvious trolling. I don't think anyone on this forum seriously believes Htownlove has ever stepped foot in DFW. I'm not convinced he's ever stepped foot outside of Houston.
Honestly, I'm not even worked up.

I'm just playing along.....

Old 08-08-2013, 05:23 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
Lol, I am not even from Texas, but been all over the state.
yep, Dallas sucks butt

Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Dallas and Houston are both great cities

END OF THREAD!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:14 PM

34 posts, read 54,852 times
Quote:
Forgot to mention

DFW is always the area where companies come to first when they want to expand into Texas. Trader Joe's, IN-N-OUT, Win Mart, Aldi, Bloomingdale's Outlet, etc.
Could it be Dallas' location compared to the other Texas cities?

Isn't there usually a regional hub for distribution of any product?

Wouldn't it be benificial to enter a market and place distrbution where it can reach the most cities possible?

It has nothing to do with Dallas being a "better test market." Houston residents have more disposable income than Dallas so it would make perfect since to start any business here. Take a pencil and draw a big circle around Dallas at different distances (300 miles, 400, 500..) and then do the same for Houston, SA, and Austin and see which city would encompass the most.

Now, do we want the Gulf of Mexico or Mexico in this circle? No. We the most U.S. cities especially for any food related business or those that have freight coming in from a port on the East or West Coasts.

Sorry to be harsh but some of you guys are just digging for whatever you can get.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:33 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuykendall View Post
Could it be Dallas' location compared to the other Texas cities?

Isn't there usually a regional hub for distribution of any product?

Wouldn't it be benificial to enter a market and place distrbution where it can reach the most cities possible?

It has nothing to do with Dallas being a "better test market." Houston residents have more disposable income than Dallas so it would make perfect since to start any business here. Take a pencil and draw a big circle around Dallas at different distances (300 miles, 400, 500..) and then do the same for Houston, SA, and Austin and see which city would encompass the most.

Now, do we want the Gulf of Mexico or Mexico in this circle? No. We the most U.S. cities especially for any food related business or those that have freight coming in from a port on the East or West Coasts.

Sorry to be harsh but some of you guys are just digging for whatever you can get.
Thank you for describing a test market even though you say it has nothing to do with dfw being a test market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas