Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
You lost the battle!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,407 times
Oops.

Anyways, this is pretty much beating a dead horse...

***why hasn't anyone mentioned the world's largest concentration of Art Deco architecture, art, and statuary? Fair Park is such a gem.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 AM

176 posts, read 299,754 times
Question What city is better for a business grad' - Houston or Dallas ???

for a fresh business graduates (bachelor) with two years of years of sales/management experience prior to graduation ??
If you do say Houston, explain why ? same for Dallas.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adham View Post
for a fresh business graduates (bachelor) with two years of years of sales/management experience prior to graduation ??
If you do say Houston, explain why ? same for Dallas.
Both cities would work . But there's a reason most companies choose Dallas as an entry into Texas. Dallas is known for being a Can-do city. Its the reason for our existence they say. .....Starting a business in Dallas is a no- brainer.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 AM

213 posts, read 388,234 times
Both cities are great for business grads and have a lot of opportunities.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 AM

135 posts, read 179,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Both cities would work . But there's a reason most companies choose Dallas as an entry into Texas. Dallas is known for being a Can-do city. Its the reason for our existence they say. .....Starting a business in Dallas is a no- brainer.
I like platitudes as much as the next guy, but I am not sure I would use this advice is gospel.

Both places have comparable unemployment and population. (Houston 5.7% vs. DFW 5.8%). Houston has a significantly larger economy and per capita income (if measured by GDP) but much of this is locked up in some real outsized energy company activities, an admittedly tough industry to crack without specific education or experience.

My hunch would say DFW is a slightly better place for a generic skill-set at slightly lower pay, but the exceptions are too numerous to really comprehend. Quality of life? Regardless of what the emotionally vested people here say, its pretty much the same - neither place is Los Angeles or New York, and the fact that there are over 900 pages of this debate is a bit like watching two nerds fight in middle school.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
I knew they would ignore this........eat it Houstonians!
Yea another "regional" designation congrats. Houston was 42 which surprised me and if you add up where they were ranked last year evidently Houston and Dallas were pretty much on par with each other. Both moved up in ranking, Houston 7 places, and Dallas moving up 21 spots, it just appears according to these rankings Dallas had a great year. I wonder what happened in 2013 in Dallas fashion that rated such a jump? Next year may be a different story.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,331,345 times
Quote:
That reason is the larger market in North Texas. Don't read too much into it.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:44 PM

6,692 posts, read 9,937,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
Oops.

Anyways, this is pretty much beating a dead horse...

***why hasn't anyone mentioned the world's largest concentration of Art Deco architecture, art, and statuary? Fair Park is such a gem.
Because people would rather argue about pointless things, than about topics with substance. I really don't care about what has been mentioned here previously. If we're gonna have a debate let it not be about freeways...like seriously, freeways? C'mon now! I sure we have better things to talk about.

Some people are just stubborn...I'll be the first one to admit that Houston's skyline is better than Dallas' but Houston isn't better in every category! (Same goes for Dallas) Y'all are going way to far.....

This thread should have ended a long time ago. (OK, I'm off my soapbox )

Old 04-17-2014, 02:14 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Some people are just stubborn...I'll be the first one to admit that Houston's skyline is better than Dallas' but Houston isn't better in every category! (Same goes for Dallas) Y'all are going way to far.....

This thread should have ended a long time ago. (OK, I'm off my soapbox )
i agree with the first part, Dallas is a great city too that definitely takes the cake in a few categories..
but this thread should never end. the "rivalry" will always exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas