Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Dallas is very green in the spring and summer! Houston sits by the Gulf it is flatter than Dallas! All the lakes in Texas are man-made except one. Dallas has trees have you ever heard of the Great trinity forest? What are you talking about Dallas never had Cowboys, except for the football team. It is ok you wish Houston was on Dallas' level, but it will never happen!
Not all cities have the Gulf of Mexico in their backyard. Not all cities have areas where you can jet ski and ride pleasure boats, ferry boats, or even serve as Cruise line depots. Dallas never had cowboys? LOL! You're about as delusional as the City of Dallas saying Victory Park was to be the Time Square of Texas! LOL. To think your hills in Dallas that rise no higher than my house are something to really rant and rave about, you're delusional. I don't have to wish Houston was on Dallas's level. It's already exceeded it! 3 sports stadiums inside the city of Houston, museum district, livelier downtown, Discovery Green, more GDP, Port of Houston, the world's largest Medical center which is poised to be bigger than your CBD in a few years. If i'm wishing, it sure feels like reality! *** BOOM!****

Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Not all cities have the Gulf of Mexico in their backyard. Not all cities have areas where you can jet ski and ride pleasure boats, ferry boats, or even serve as Cruise line depots. Dallas never had cowboys? LOL! You're about as delusional as the City of Dallas saying Victory Park was to be the Time Square of Texas! LOL. To think your hills in Dallas that rise no higher than my house are something to really rant and rave about, you're delusional. I don't have to wish Houston was on Dallas's level. It's already exceeded it! 3 sports stadiums inside the city of Houston, museum district, livelier downtown, Discovery Green, more GDP, Port of Houston, the world's largest Medical center which is poised to be bigger than your CBD in a few years. If i'm wishing, it sure feels like reality! *** BOOM!****
Dallas has the largest Market Center in the world, soon Dallas will have the largest hospital in the USA when the new Parkland Hospital opens, largest state fair in the USA, Dallas' Cotton Bowl has a capacity of 91,000 plus, and Dallas has the Largest Arts District. Dallas has all of this and more! Let's not get on the hills subject, I live in Oak Cliff there are some big hills off of Kiest Blvd.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Dallas has the largest Market Center in the world, soon Dallas will have the largest hospital in the USA when the new Parkland Hospital opens, largest state fair in the USA, Dallas' Cotton Bowl has a capacity of 91,000 plus, and Dallas has the Largest Arts District. Dallas has all of this and more! Let's not get on the hills subject, I live in Oak Cliff there are some big hill off of Kiest Blvd.
well you can't make the cotton bowl claim anymore. Sorry Arlington took it from ya along with your precious little cowboys! The arts district is really just a newer version of Houston's already established Museum and Theater district. It's not really bigger, its just built all in one package right now and they just branded it as "The Arts District". I'd rather have a little bit of everything than have all big ONE thing! Okay, i'll give you that Mountain Creek area has a few rolling hills, but so does Conroe. I'm from Colorado Springs so even Austin's hills hardly impress me!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,968 times
Quote:
well you can't make the cotton bowl claim anymore. Sorry Arlington took it from ya along with your precious little cowboys! The arts district is really just a newer version of Houston's already established Museum and Theater district. It's not really bigger, its just built all in one package right now and they just branded it as "The Arts District". I'd rather have a little bit of everything than have all big ONE thing! Okay, i'll give you that Mountain Creek area has a few rolling hills, but so does Conroe. I'm from Colorado Springs so even Austin's hills hardly impress me!
Not the Cotton Bowl Classic, I am talking about Cotton Bowl Stadium.
The Arts District is bigger, have you seen the new opera house and theater. The city is building a deck park over Woodall Rogers freeway to connect uptown to downtown they said this will make uptown merge into downtown.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
And to top it off, Houston's hosted the NBA and MLB Playoffs and 2 Superbowls while Dallas is just now getting around to hosting its first and probably only Superbowl!... Seeing that the game will really be in Arlington and people won't want to waste time driving back and forth between cities to experience what they should in one city! Pathetic.
Well, just to let you know, this was a joint venture to get the Super Bowl by Dallas AND Fort Worth AND Arlington. The events are gonna be spread out between the three cities.
But I see your point, knowing that Dallas wants to take all the cred for getting Super Bowl XLV on its own. If it wasn't for the help of the other cities around it, this up comming Super Bowl would probably be in a Florida city again....

Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,540 times
Quote:
I don't have to wish Houston was on Dallas's level. It's already exceeded it!
Ok, now you're moving into delusional territory. To say one city obviously exceeds another is a work in futility.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Ok, now you're moving into delusional territory. To say one city obviously exceeds another is a work in futility.
Hey buddy, this is a smack down thread. Your buddy kdogg is the one who broke out the guns in the first place. I'm just returning fire and firing anyone who gets in the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well, just to let you know, this was a joint venture to get the Super Bowl by Dallas AND Fort Worth AND Arlington. The events are gonna be spread out between the three cities.
But I see your point, knowing that Dallas wants to take all the cred for getting Super Bowl XLV on its own. If it wasn't for the help of the other cities around it, this up comming Super Bowl would probably be in a Florida city again....
I'm still wondering how they're going to pull this off between 3 cities. Each of them are gonna want their piece of the pie. I can't see this being anything but a disjointed event. I hope i'm wrong.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
Houston.

Houston has more fortune 500 companies than Dallas.
Houston has the largest medical center in the WORLD.
Houston's economy is diverse. Nasa, Medical Center, Oil/Energy/Tech, etc.
Houston is more multi-cultural and modern city.
Houston has more major sports.
Year round symphony and opera. Museum district is larger.
Houston has a gay mayor! Talk about progressive!
Houston people seem more friendly.

Dallas is ok...but not better.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Not the Cotton Bowl Classic, I am talking about Cotton Bowl Stadium.
The Arts District is bigger, have you seen the new opera house and theater. The city is building a deck park over Woodall Rogers freeway to connect uptown to downtown they said this will make uptown merge into downtown.
Chill Ladarron... Why are you arguing with the Houstonians? Our metro merits speak for themselves...Plus while DFW shines and gets all the attention and national exposure the Houstonians are doing our dirty work.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Chill Ladarron... Why are you arguing with the Houstonians? Our metro merits speak for themselves...Plus while DFW shines and gets all the attention and national exposure the Houstonians are doing our dirty work.
What attention has it got since that dull 80s soap opera and the mid 90s cowboys when America had its eyes on Emmett Smith? I hope you know those times are over. Host ONE superbowl first (Houston's had two), a MLB, and NBA Championship then try to tell us that DFW gets ALL the attention and national exposure. You can't live in the past

Take care, bye bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas