Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM

322 posts, read 903,199 times

Advertisements

Aggie...wow. I don't think that would even happen in Fairbanks. I'm a native Texan, but I've always lived in a city until moving here. I've never experienced "small town" TX, which I understand is quite different than urban TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 06:53 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Default You may live in Texas if...

You may live in Texas if...

You will argue and holler over the question of whether or not Texas is Southern, Southwestern, or Western....

THEN...just agree to disagree. THEN...just make peace with each other by ALL agreeing that TEXAS IS TEXAS!

Sorry, y'all...couldn't resist THAT one!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
You may live in Texas if you're mowing the yard (actually more to mulch the leaves, which last week with its hurricane force winds left us tons of) at 4:30 in the afternoon 6 days before Christmas, wearing shorts, tank top and flip flops, which is what I was doing yesterday afternoon, then you might be in Texas!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default And Save One For Rudolph

If you've left Santa Claus a piece of pecan pie instead of a couple of cookies when he makes his way down the chimney at Christmas, you may live in Texas.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymama View Post
Aggie...wow. I don't think that would even happen in Fairbanks. I'm a native Texan, but I've always lived in a city until moving here. I've never experienced "small town" TX, which I understand is quite different than urban TX.
Well, I have never lived in small town West Texas either, but I've heard that some of the medical coverage especially back in the day was sparse. I did however grow up on a huge ranch down a 13 mile dirt road, then 21 miles of highway before the town of only 2,500. We had a hospital and clinic, but it was not unusual for the Dr. to be out of town, and both facilities closed after 6pm. The next hospital was in Huntsville about 35k people and did have a hospital, but that's a 50 mile drive from parts. I guess you can see where im going. I used to joke with some old friends about how they turned out the way they did because Dr. Kleckly delivered them (the local Vet). I'd ask them if he had baby pictures of them posted in the horse stables...lol.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
You may live in texas if your from a small West Texas town too far to the nearest hospital, and were delivered by the local Veterinarian!!

I'm in the "big city" of Dallas and even during childbirth classes at a BIG Dallas hospital they told us if you don't think you can make it to the nearest hospital to "find a veterinarian". You'd think in a BIG'ol metropolitan area like Dallas a hospital or EMT would be pretty close by. I'm just glad I made it to the hospital on both accounts.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:53 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
You may live in Texas if tonight you are ranting on the internet and crying out for the firing of Wade Philips and hoping Jerrah Jones gets kidnapped to some deserted island and held there for the next 10 years!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 AM

130 posts, read 348,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
You may live in Texas if tonight you are ranting on the internet and crying out for the firing of Wade Philips and hoping Jerrah Jones gets kidnapped to some deserted island and held there for the next 10 years!
lol...so true!

Old 12-21-2008, 12:27 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
You may live in texas if your from a small West Texas town too far to the nearest hospital, and were delivered by the local Veterinarian!!
You may live in Texas if you ask your Doctor if you don't make it to the hospital some distance away before the baby is born (and you live in the state capitol) and he says, "Well, here are the hospitals along the way, but if you don't make it to the hospital before the baby's born, you didn't need me!"

Old 12-25-2008, 07:18 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default Watch Out For The Grease

If you batter-dip and deep-fry something by accident, you may live in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas