Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ct_bow View Post
There's alot of posts claiming Texans are arrogant. Being from Connecticut I can say there is definetly something different about Texans attitude towards their state. But I dont think it is arrogance, I see it as pride. What's wrong with being proud of your state? I never heard anyone say they were proud of being from Connecticut, Rhode Island, Florida, etc (fill in the blank) like they do in Texas. I remember when the vast majority Americans were proud of their country, in good times and bad. And during the bad times it caused pain in the hearts of Americans. But not now, there's very little American pride left in this country. It's good to see some people are proud of where they come from so I say thumbs up to Texas pride!

I plan on moving out of the 'blue state' northeast sometime in the future. But if the direction of this country doesnt change soon and the 'state soveriegnty' movement gains momentum I'm moving to Texas sooner than I planned.
I have no problem with state pride or city pride. New Yorkers, Chicagoans, Washingtonians, New Orleanians all have that great city pride like Texas has it's state pride. But the point of "they need us more than we need them," is just as arrogant as calling New Yorkers calling themselves the capital of the world. There really isn't a difference. It's arrogant to a tee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 PM

106 posts, read 198,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
...Just because someone has different beliefs than you does not make them any less holy or any less American or Texan...

Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I have no problem with state pride or city pride. New Yorkers, Chicagoans, Washingtonians, New Orleanians all have that great city pride like Texas has it's state pride. But the point of "they need us more than we need them," is just as arrogant as calling New Yorkers calling themselves the capital of the world. There really isn't a difference. It's arrogant to a tee.

What about people coming in here saying, "see ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out?" It's kind of on the same level as "they need us more than we need them." It's the same idea, just on the other side of the fence.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM

157 posts, read 329,679 times
Quote:

I think saying the country needs Texas more than Texas needs the country is more of an observation than an attitude.

Not for nothing Spade but this country is in the toilet. Spiritualy, morally, ethicaly, economicaly and any other way you want to look at it. And I dont think it will recover. Texas is one of the very few states that has it's act together and personaly I think it should get out before it gets dragged down with the rest of the states by an incompetent, corrupt, power grabbing, liberty stealing, imoral, perverse, intrusive (I could go on but you get the point) federal government.

I dont see Texas leaving unless there is a total collapse of our society (which is possible) because then the dysfunctional federal government will be to busy trying to get everything under control. But if Texas leaves I hope to get there before they 'close the border'.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:23 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByBirth View Post
Um, no they wouldn't.
I've got news for you. They never went away. Texas, in addition to all of the overly proud people within it, is loaded with Klan and Klan like thinkers. It's unfortunate but true.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I've got news for you. They never went away. Texas, in addition to all of the overly proud people within it, is loaded with Klan and Klan like thinkers. It's unfortunate but true.
There's KKK in every state. I've lived here for all my life minus 4 years in the military and I have not seen or heard of any of these people. I'm not ignorant to the fact that some people have these "thoughts" though. To think Texas would support slavery today if they secede is just retarded. Today's world is far different than the past. No one would stand for it.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByBirth View Post
What about people coming in here saying, "see ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out?" It's kind of on the same level as "they need us more than we need them." It's the same idea, just on the other side of the fence.
I agree and that is arrogant in itself.

Quote:
Not for nothing Spade but this country is in the toilet. Spiritualy, morally, ethicaly, economicaly and any other way you want to look at it. And I dont think it will recover. Texas is one of the very few states that has it's act together and personaly I think it should get out before it gets dragged down with the rest of the states by an incompetent, corrupt, power grabbing, liberty stealing, imoral, perverse, intrusive (I could go on but you get the point) federal government.
I don't know. I think you could see a difference if you were in small town texas. Because the bigger cities aren't that much different than large cities around the nation. Corrupt, power grabbing, liberty stealing, incompetent? Sounds like Dallas city counsil.

Quote:
I think saying the country needs Texas more than Texas needs the country is more of an observation than an attitude.
I guess that's a good way to look at it. Similar to the quote "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere."

Old 05-14-2009, 03:40 PM

279 posts, read 415,765 times
Spade,
I beg to differ,you are wrong, most blacks do not disagree with seceding and do not disagree with state sovereingty. Most are beginning to realize that Barack Hussein Obama is a dangerous man and needs to be stopped. The race card does not work on me.There are some blacks who seem to think that they know what their own people are thinking and they are so far off the beaten path that it becomes laughable. It becomes personal when you throw the race card in to the picture, that just shows you are a very weak person.
If taking it to far means to secede in order for Texas to survive then so be it.

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES & LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE MILITARY

Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,269 times
Well heres the real skinny on texas ever leaving this hipocracy that we call democracy. If Texas was to secede we would inherit a much larger mexican population and thier poverty. due in part to the fact we already have a third of mexican population already here. There would be a massive war, which would deplete our population. Sure we are a very tough group of people but we do not have the resources to overthrow the mexican government(thats what it would take). Secondly they are already here (not like the alamo where they came to us), they are in our metros and rural cities. Thats right in our back yard. You see the likelyhood of us seceding is almost nill. Had the hipocracy not forgivin the mexican national debt 10 years or so ago, we could have demanded mexico to join us as a U.S territory. So in short my southern brothers and sisters it won't happen(Perry doesn't have the balls nor the fortitude to attempt it), just prepare for what could be the most couragous act a Texan can do and that is protect what is yours at all cost, your homes, families, and your neighborhoods from total infaltration of the soon to be enemy. I know they are already here and it seems they have already taken over but just like the Alamo it only takes a few tough guys to take down a bunch of mexicans. I am not saying to go out and wage a physical war with these idiots, but demand your contractor, landscaping company, and any other service company that you use to employ only Texans or you will find someone else to do the job, or hell just do the job yourself come on we are TEXANS the toughest in the land. Lets send the mexicans back broke and weak from hunger. Thats a sure fire way to weaken the enemy before the real battle. God bless The Republic of Texas and all her children.

Last edited by dirty 1; 05-14-2009 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsgun View Post
Spade,
I beg to differ,you are wrong, most blacks do not disagree with seceding and do not disagree with state sovereingty. Most are beginning to realize that Barack Hussein Obama is a dangerous man and needs to be stopped. The race card does not work on me.There are some blacks who seem to think that they know what their own people are thinking and they are so far off the beaten path that it becomes laughable. It becomes personal when you throw the race card in to the picture, that just shows you are a very weak person.
If taking it to far means to secede in order for Texas to survive then so be it.

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES & LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE MILITARY
Please. Most Blacks in the state of Texas and throughout the country still support Obama nor do we hold his middle name against him like you do nor do we care what his middle name is in the first place. Obama is no more dangerous than every other president that has held the office. Answer me this, were you saying the same thing when Bush was in office? My guess is no. BTW, I did not throw out the race card as a negative. I threw it out there because I brought it from MY perspective. Oh and most blacks in the state would disagree with seceding, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas