Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times

Advertisements

I think I've heard that Mount Bonnell in West Austin is supposedly haunted. Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 07:56 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,593,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I think I've heard that Mount Bonnell in West Austin is supposedly haunted. Is this true?
Well, it's sometimes referred to as "Antoinette's Leap." Supposedly a woman named Antoinette leapt to her death from the summit of the hill trying to escape Indians who had killed her fiance and were trying to rape her.

She supposedly still roams the peak, looking for her long lost love.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 7,773 times
I never seen the ghost at the hotel galvez in galveston texas. I work there i heard all the legends and other employes and guest say weird stuff happens on the fifth floor of the hotel and in the downstairs lobbys ladies bathroom.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:24 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
Crazy mans tower Ghost Hunt of Crazy man's Tower

Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
O. L. Slaton Junior High in Lubbock is supposedly haunted. Several teachers have died in their classrooms, and it was used as a temporary morgue after the 1970 tornado.

The third floor and bell tower of Lubbock High are supposedly haunted as well. It's a 78 year old building, so there's no telling what happened there.

There's also a road south of town called Woodrow Road that's supposedly haunted by an Indian spirit. I laugh every time I hear this one.
Did you ever hear the one about the weeping angels in Lubbock Cemetary?

Supposedly if you went out there at night and kissed the feet of the angel statues, they would look down at you or some silly mess like that. Personally I never tried it; Lubbock Cemetary isn't the best place to be at night.

I also remember hearing that the old Pioneer Hotel was haunted.

Last edited by lothartheterrible; 08-03-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
The Menger Hotel and the Alamo is rumored to be haunted in San Antonio.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:06 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothartheterrible View Post
Did you ever hear the one about the weeping angels in Lubbock Cemetary?

Supposedly if you went out there at night and kissed the feet of the angel statues, they would look down at you or some silly mess like that. Personally I never tried it; Lubbock Cemetary isn't the best place to be at night.

I also remember hearing that the old Pioneer Hotel was haunted.
Haha, I knew about the Pioneer Hotel, but I've never heard about the cemetery.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Any of your cities have urban legends or haunted areas???

In Waco, we have the Legend of the Goatman who lives in Cameron Park, also the mysterious witch Houston.
Old post, but I thought of this thread when I bought Texas Monthly yesterday. There's an article onTexas hauntings. Some I had never heard of.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM

189 posts, read 628,790 times
Anson, near Abilene.... they call it Anson lights. Suppossedly there was a mother whose son never came home one night. So she grabbed her lantern and went looking for him, she never returned either. If you go to a dirt road, near the Anson cemetary and park in the middle of an intersection (facing the cemetary) you can see a light swinging side to side. It's supposed to be her lantern.

I went out there one time with my college friends on Halloween night. Saw lights but think its head lights from cars on the hwy. The scary part for me was when a cop tapped on my window and told me to go home.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
In Beaumont, Texas (at the Forest Lawn Memorial Cemetery) we have what we call "The Kissing Statues".

I've only been to that cemetery 1 time, in one of my nieces slumber parties, about 20 years ago (when I was 13 years old). My sister told us about it and we got in 2 trucks to go see it.

You can only see this at night time. You stand from a distance (just a few yards away) and shine a dim car/truck light on them and it looks like they are moving!! At times you can see them look at each other and kiss.

It's really eerie!! We watched it for 20 minutes or so.

I can't remember the address, but when I find it, I'll show it to you all (if you are ever in Beaumont, check it out!).

The address: FOREST LAWN MEMORIAL PARK & CEMETERY
4955 Pine St.
Beaumont, Texas
(I'm not sure what the zip code is, sorry).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas