Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 PM

332 posts, read 529,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Oh I didn't realize San Antonio had Amusement parks and water parks smack in the middle of DT.
well, the kiddie park is an amusement park and is pretty much in downtown SA, so there goes your point

not only that, the zoos are right next door to downtown.

-former austin resident, glad he GTFO.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
well, the kiddie park is an amusement park and is pretty much in downtown SA, so there goes your point

not only that, the zoos are right next door to downtown.

-former austin resident, glad he GTFO.
Hardly.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
If thousands of active people constitutes a ghost town, I'm wondering just how many are in Downtown Austin or San Antonio at night.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:52 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
DART Board Approves Second Downtown Dallas Rail Line | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 09-27-2015, 07:55 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Because they are different threads...and everything that was counted against Dallas in this thread has already changed....but people will ignore it as usual because Dallas is supposed to suck at everything.

....YES!!...I did just read this entire thread before i BUMPED it....I was bored with the progress race thread.
Everything in all of the Texas downtowns has changed in the last 3 years boi.. What point are you trying to make?
I wonder why you were getting bored with your own Progress Race thread..

Old 09-27-2015, 10:39 PM

641 posts, read 802,666 times
Ive only explored San Antonio, Austin, Dallas and Fort Worth. Been to Houston but never explored it's downtown. Out of those, here's how I'd rank them:

Vibrancy(Full of energy and enthusiasm)

1tie: Austin
1tie: Fort Worth
Close 2nd: San Antonio
3rd: Dallas
**Didn't rank Houston bc I don't really know. Only drove through and didn't really explore it**

Grandiose (impressive in appearance)

1: Dallas
2: Houston
3. Austin
4. San Antonio
5. Fort Worth

Clean and Safe (not a gritty, be on the lookout type feeling)

1. Fort Worth (league of it's own in this category)
Skip a few
2. Austin
I'm not even ranking the rest if we are talking about at night. To many homeless and or thuggery at night time. If we are talking during the day, I'd finish the list with Dallas, San Antonio, Houston

Overall:
1. Fort Worth
2. Austin
3. San Antonio
4. Houston/Dallas (may seem shocking but it's only bc Dallas and Houston have a lot of areas competing with its city center even within its city limits. Nothing will really compete with the historic riverwalk and alamo in SA. Or UT, the state government, and 6th street in Austin. Even in FW, 7th street is a big competitor with downtown and may win out one day)

As far as Dallas and Hoston, I'd give the edge to Houston since it's one huge city and the politicians can control it more. They are in a better position to make decisions to make their downtown thrive. Politicians in Irving, Allen, Addison, Arlington, etc are trying to get people to their respective cities and could care less if downtown Dallas is less desirable and doesn't thrive. They are direct competitors. That's the advantage of having one huge city with it's own government vs four fairly large cities and many smaller ones mixed together, all with its own government and agenda.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Everything in all of the Texas downtowns has changed in the last 3 years boi.. What point are you trying to make?
I wonder why you were getting bored with your own Progress Race thread..
Im bored because dallas has the most stuff goin on.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJB327 View Post
Ive only explored San Antonio, Austin, Dallas and Fort Worth. Been to Houston but never explored it's downtown. Out of those, here's how I'd rank them:

Vibrancy(Full of energy and enthusiasm)

1tie: Austin
1tie: Fort Worth
Close 2nd: San Antonio
3rd: Dallas
**Didn't rank Houston bc I don't really know. Only drove through and didn't really explore it**

Grandiose (impressive in appearance)

1: Dallas
2: Houston
3. Austin
4. San Antonio
5. Fort Worth

Clean and Safe (not a gritty, be on the lookout type feeling)

1. Fort Worth (league of it's own in this category)
Skip a few
2. Austin
I'm not even ranking the rest if we are talking about at night. To many homeless and or thuggery at night time. If we are talking during the day, I'd finish the list with Dallas, San Antonio, Houston

Overall:
1. Fort Worth
2. Austin
3. San Antonio
4. Houston/Dallas (may seem shocking but it's only bc Dallas and Houston have a lot of areas competing with its city center even within its city limits. Nothing will really compete with the historic riverwalk and alamo in SA. Or UT, the state government, and 6th street in Austin. Even in FW, 7th street is a big competitor with downtown and may win out one day)

As far as Dallas and Hoston, I'd give the edge to Houston since it's one huge city and the politicians can control it more. They are in a better position to make decisions to make their downtown thrive. Politicians in Irving, Allen, Addison, Arlington, etc are trying to get people to their respective cities and could care less if downtown Dallas is less desirable and doesn't thrive. They are direct competitors. That's the advantage of having one huge city with it's own government vs four fairly large cities and many smaller ones mixed together, all with its own government and agenda.
...that last pargraph makes absolutely no sense at all...but ok.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
...that last pargraph makes absolutely no sense at all...but ok.
Now you know exactly how the rest of us feel when we read your daily ramblings about Dallas.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:14 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,488,669 times
We have too many of these types of threads running
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas