Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:08 AM

55 posts, read 192,563 times

Advertisements

I am currently thinking of relocationg to the Austin area, specifically Cedar Park. I have been doing a little research on areas around Austin, and CP seems like a good fit. However, I am early in the research stage and have never been to the area so would appreciate any feedback. I have 2 young (2 and 5) children so finding a family friendly area is very important to me. The characteristics that are important to me are as follows:

1) Affordability -Home price from $180k to $210k. I believe this is waht I can afford, although property taxes ion the area scare me. I think the idea of Texas being cheap is a misnomer, because people obviously do not look at the property taxes. regardless, this is the range I think I can do, so what kind of neighborhood could I expect in this range?

2) Schools - Are the schools in Cedar Park good? What about Leeander? Are there schools that we should try to get into, or any to avoid? Is Cedar Park konwn to be better/ worse than Leander, or some other close school?

3) Commute - What is the commute like from Cedar Park - Austin? I know the area has heavy traffic, but is there any reason Cedar Park would be especially difficult?

4) Weather - I am from MS, but live in Nevada, so have been through very humid to not humid at all. I have seen both extrmemes, and would assume that Austin area is in the "very humid" category. Is this correct?

Any other information would also be appreciatd. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
You would probably have better luck in the Austin Board. I don't know much about schools, and commute depends on time of day and how far south your job is. I would imagine humidity is between that of Nevada and Mississippi, but closer on the spectrum to MS.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:15 AM

55 posts, read 192,563 times
Default thanks.

Thanks I will re-post it there.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas