Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 01:23 PM

16 posts, read 15,940 times

Advertisements

Hi

We have narrowed down our list to these 2 or in a way they are the only ones available for us.
Can you pls compare these 2. Both are close to UTMC and highway to detroit.
What about safety, diversity etc.?
Which one is better. Price is about the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 PM

896 posts, read 1,854,828 times
These are both decent apartment complexes but theyre definitely not the most conveniently located to UTMC or for highway access. You are 10 mins away from the nearest exit (Central Ave) with low traffic. Possibly worse. You would have to drive all the way down Reynolds or Byrne to get down to Arlington or Glendale and thats not a quick commute.

If youre set on those two places though, they should be fine. Orchard Lakes is probably slightly more safe but neither are bad. Steeplechase is on Dorr St and dorr gets a decent amount of crime from some of the crappier apartments along there but I dont think they have to many problems around there. Im not sure what your asking about with diversity. If its race, im sure thats not an issue with these particular places. Theyre big places with a mix of people.

Can i ask how you dwindled it down to those two places? Places like Downtown Toledo, anywhere in Maumee or South Toledo would be more realistic for both of you, geographically speaking.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:01 PM

911 posts, read 2,600,692 times
make sure you look at both....research every single thing there is to research. one BIG sign is looking at the cars in the parking lot....no matter where the apartments are, if you see a bunch of rust buckets, thats not somewhere u want to be.

i know i wouldnt want to be too far from work, so i guess this is your side of town? i cant say "oh just move to perrysburg" because i wouldnt want to move that far either.

orchard lakes i've seen and i wasnt impressed, for as much as they charge, they should be kept up better in every aspect including trash pick up and property upkeep. and they do need elevators for as tall as they are.

steeplechase is in the same boat and the stairs are outside...think about that in the winter months....

i hope you find something wonderful to move into!

Old 05-23-2016, 07:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
These are both decent apartment complexes but theyre definitely not the most conveniently located to UTMC or for highway access. You are 10 mins away from the nearest exit (Central Ave) with low traffic. Possibly worse. You would have to drive all the way down Reynolds or Byrne to get down to Arlington or Glendale and thats not a quick commute.

If youre set on those two places though, they should be fine. Orchard Lakes is probably slightly more safe but neither are bad. Steeplechase is on Dorr St and dorr gets a decent amount of crime from some of the crappier apartments along there but I dont think they have to many problems around there. Im not sure what your asking about with diversity. If its race, im sure thats not an issue with these particular places. Theyre big places with a mix of people.

Can i ask how you dwindled it down to those two places? Places like Downtown Toledo, anywhere in Maumee or South Toledo would be more realistic for both of you, geographically speaking.
I agree with the above.

I was just out by Steeplechase this weekend and I agree that it is pretty far from UTMC.

Not sure if you are dead set on those two apartments, but I'd also recommend Maumee or Downtown as both are easy commutes to UTMC and have direct access to the freeway for a Detroit commute for your spouse. Maumee is a suburb in case you are not into urban living in downtown.

I will say that the area of Dorr St. that Steeplechase is on is very far way from the parts of that street that is known for crime. I actually am much more of an inner city/urban person as I like to be centrally located and was visiting relatives near that apartment and I didn't even known Dorr went down that far lol. It is pretty country IMO out there.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:40 PM

16 posts, read 15,940 times
thanks a lot guys..how about foxchase apartments?
Actually we are looking for short term lease which only these provide. We want to buy one house after our lease ends.
We wanted to be within 15 mins drive from UTMC. We couldn't find good apartments in Maumee within that.

Last edited by toledoCalling; 05-23-2016 at 09:14 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 02:03 PM

911 posts, read 2,600,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledoCalling View Post
thanks a lot guys..how about foxchase apartments?
Actually we are looking for short term lease which only these provide. We want to buy one house after our lease ends.
We wanted to be within 15 mins drive from UTMC. We couldn't find good apartments in Maumee within that.

you work at utmc? dont stay in that area. arlington, byrne, airport isnt great in all parts. there used to be some apartments going east on airport on the same side of the cemetary. not sure if they're still good these days but when i was actually in there seeing a friend, it was pretty spacious and quiet.

i've seen fox chase. its pretty good and its far from the street, but dont let higher rent cloud your judgment. all places that charge that much sometimes aren't worth it and should look better.

i have heard zero about(good or bad) it but they do look nice. i notice they're by quail hollow...that place went from better homes and garden to welfare heaven really fast and the property looks bad there now (high grass, roads have pot holes) but...some units have...surprise, surprise....outdoor stairways.

look on the bright side....all your shopping can be done right down the street

also ask if fox chase accepts section 8 etc etc. that way you know what you're dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo