Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:08 PM

555 posts, read 893,935 times

Advertisements

When you start to get specific in your search, the city has an interactive crime map showing crimes within a half-mile radius of any address within the last week to two months. Home Page - GRID FocusView
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 06:48 PM

17 posts, read 20,191 times
All of your help has been awesome. What are the named neighborhoods I should absolutely avoid? Also, what are your thoughts on North Towne? Looks like there are a lot of affordable houses there.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:01 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,322,326 times
The area of the designated "North Towne" neighborhood that lies within the borders of Lewis Ave. to the west, Alexis Rd. to the north, Bennett Rd. to the east, and Laskey Rd. to the south is still a pretty nice family neighborhood, particularly the area right around Regina Coeli Church (Regina Pkwy., Coeli Dr.).

The part of North Towne that I would really avoid would be the area north and east of there near the Alexis Rd./Detroit Ave. intersection. The Lucas County commissioners have proposed to build the new Lucas County Jail at that intersection sometime in the next few years to replace the current jail in downtown Toledo. People in that area are panicked and angry and in some cases trying to dump their homes so prices will probably seem enticing but that is why. Also, Telegraph Rd. between roughly Laskey Rd. and the Michigan border has long been known as an area with strip clubs and other adult oriented businesses and there are several small, seedy motels just over the line in Michigan that rent by the hour and are not exactly places to take the family for vacation. The motel stuff doesn't usually bleed over into Toledo all that much, I would be much more concerned about the strip clubs and pending jail, as those affect property values.

I don't think that the Regina Coeli neighborhood is close enough to those things to be affected much at all. At the intersection of Alexis Rd. and Lewis Ave. there are several big box stores: Home Depot, Lowe's, Target, and Kroger, and several chain restaurants: McDonald's, Arby's, Taco Bell, Golden Corral, and Burger King. There are a few not great apartment complexes north of Alexis Rd. and off of Lewis Ave. just south of the Michigan line but they don't seem to have a lot of effect on neighborhoods further south.

If I was going to move to the North Town neighborhood I would look around Regina Coeli Church, or the first area that I described above, with Lewis/Alexis/Bennett/Laskey borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo