Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,865,930 times

Advertisements

I've never actually been to Apache Burger, but I've passed by it countless times. It's weird how southern Etobicoke has all these little independent burger joints. There's a whole bunch of them. I've only been to Acme Burger, and it was great. Maybe I'll try another one sometime, but it probably won't be Apache Burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 04:59 PM

125 posts, read 195,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Apache in Etobicoke and Fire Pitt in Mississauga
My favourite burger joints of all time. I use to live right in the middle of these 2 and always had a hard time deciding which one to go to.

BTW, I haven't been to either places in years so things may have changed.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 AM

564 posts, read 1,041,933 times
Had the True North burger from South St. Burger Co. on a whole wheat bun with a dash of spicy ketchup, and it is now my favorite. Sorry, Big Smoke.

Even better, in Oct they are opening a new location on Yonge (NYCC) only a few minutes from my building.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM

3,878 posts, read 5,304,900 times
My favorite burgers in the city now are a tie between the one at Beast (Beast Restaurant) and the Wagyu Burger at Nota Bene (Toronto Restaurant | Nota Bene Restaurant :: Welcome)

Beast in probably my favorite place to eat in Toronto currently, have never had a bad meal there.

The burger at Marben was also great, then the Chef and his staff left and the food there just went to Sh1t. I want to try the burger at his new place Richmond Station as I am sure it is great.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,865,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
My favorite burgers in the city now are a tie between the one at Beast (Beast Restaurant) and the Wagyu Burger at Nota Bene (Toronto Restaurant | Nota Bene Restaurant :: Welcome)

Beast in probably my favorite place to eat in Toronto currently, have never had a bad meal there.

The burger at Marben was also great, then the Chef and his staff left and the food there just went to Sh1t. I want to try the burger at his new place Richmond Station as I am sure it is great.
Oh, so you're into the fancy shmancy burgers, huh? I know there are quite a few restaurants in cities all over Canada and the US making wagyu and Kobe burgers with froie gras, truffles, and other expensive ingredients. I've had one like this before in New York and a homemade wagyu burger cooked rare, but I prefer the more plebeian offerings of somewhere like Burger Priest or Five Guys.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,748,117 times
I honestly don't know why people sit in restaurants and eat burgers. No matter how "good" it is, it is still fast food.

I can't understand the relationship between Canadians and their burgers. It is like everywhere they go, they have the burgers. Lunch? A burger. You go to a meeting/conference, burgers are served. You have a BBQ, they make burgers. You go to a party, there are burgers on the table. Whenever there is a corporate event, everyone is biting on a burger.

Simply can't deal with those beef patties and two slices of breads. Once a month is the maximum I can stand.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,718,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fruit View Post
There's also a five guys in North York and in Scarborough. I've been but quickly walked out. I can't believe they only have five things on their menu, I though it was just a name.

I'm not into (beef) burgers but for a non-chain I heard that johnny's hamburgers at Sheppard and Vic. Park is one of the best. There's no seating though, so you just have to grab and go.
^This is all I came here to say.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Oh, so you're into the fancy shmancy burgers, huh? I know there are quite a few restaurants in cities all over Canada and the US making wagyu and Kobe burgers with froie gras, truffles, and other expensive ingredients. I've had one like this before in New York and a homemade wagyu burger cooked rare, but I prefer the more plebeian offerings of somewhere like Burger Priest or Five Guys.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good straight forward burger as well. In NYC I always find a way to grab a Shake Shack or in Cali and In-n-out. So no argument from me there. But there is something great about elevating a simple food to gourmet level. Comforting and innovative at the same time.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
^This is all I came here to say.
RE: Johnnys. They used to be amazing when I was a kid, but now they are terrible IMHO. They stopped grinding their meat in house and now serve frozen patties and fries. Trust me you can taste the difference. Which is a shame because I have some great memories of that place.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,748,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love a good straight forward burger as well. In NYC I always find a way to grab a Shake Shack or in Cali and In-n-out. So no argument from me there. But there is something great about elevating a simple food to gourmet level. Comforting and innovative at the same time.
waited 30 minutes for shake shack last summer. totally not worth the time and the hype.
In-n-out is even worse. Totally don't understand what the fuss is about.

A burger is never "gourmet". If the ingredients are that great, I can only say it is such a pity to put them between two pieces of bread buns.

Why can't people help resisting the temptation of putting good meat between buns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto