Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:10 PM

298 posts, read 276,984 times

Advertisements

anyone here been going to Jurassic Park? formerly called Maple Leafs Square to watch the Raptors Playoff games on the big screen outside the ACC? I went for game 7 against Indiana and it was wild and incredible how a city like this really gets excited during playoff time, really did remind me of the 2013 Bruins and Leafs 1st round playoff series animosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Have not gone, but did accidently walk by :P! I think it is a cool idea though. Tickets for these things can be really pricy so at least there is a formual spot where fans can hang out and cheer the team on.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Hey the Pearl Jam concert I am going to got reschedule from Wednesday May 11th to Thursday May 12th for the Raptor game to be held there .. what the heck. I did not realize that could be done ... so if a bunch of music fan are going to be inconvenienced for them to use the venue ... they better win the game!

Old 05-06-2016, 06:11 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Pretty exciting times for T.O sports fans. Minus the Leafs (no surprise) I can't remember when our Major league teams were this strong and exciting to watch. I prefer Baseball but I really hope the Raptors do well and would be awesome if they went all the way.. Its worth rescheduling Pearl Jam for ...

Old 05-06-2016, 09:17 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Pretty exciting times for T.O sports fans. Minus the Leafs (no surprise) I can't remember when our Major league teams were this strong and exciting to watch. I prefer Baseball but I really hope the Raptors do well and would be awesome if they went all the way.. Its worth rescheduling Pearl Jam for ...
I wonder if they at least gave the band tickets to the game !

Old 05-07-2016, 05:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,319 times
I'm happy that the Raps are in the playoffs, but I'm just pissed and angry as hell at Demar and Lowry for playing like complete CRAP for the ENTIRE playoffs and Casey letting them do so with no reprecussions whatsoever.

It just doesn't make sense to me that Lowry and Demar both understand that their jumpshots absolutely SUCK and yet they keep taking them anyways instead of finding other ways to help the team rather than constantly hurting them by bricking shot after shot. Meanwhile Jonas Valanciunas is absolutely KILLING IT and playing with heart and fire and is shooting at 68% from the field vs Miami and yet Demar and Lowry STILL REFUSE to give him the ball for easy buckets. Under any other coach with half a brain, this would be unacceptable and immediate action would be taken to correct the situation, but with MORON Casey he simply lets his golden kids lay bricks like there's no tomorrow with no accountability whatsoever.

What should be easy wins against the Pacers and Heat has turned into a complete crapshow where we're just BARELY pulling out victories thanks to Demar and Lowry refusing to be team players and stopping taking jumpshot and jumpshot and bricking most of them. I mean we're NINE GAMES into the playoffs and even as they acknowledge their poor shooting, they have NO INTENTIONS to change their ways and our coach just happily stands by and enables them instead of stopping such horrible gameplay that is killing this team.

At this point I want Demar and Casey GONE ASAP. Lowry I'm on the fence because when he plays well he is an asset to this team, but when he plays selfishly like he's been doing in these playoffs I just want him to get benched and never see the floor again. Lowry is cleary capable of contributing in other ways other than bricking 10-15 shots a game, but simply chooses not to. But Lowry aside, Demar and Casey need to be gotten rid of for the good of the team longterm.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:02 AM

3,869 posts, read 5,294,693 times
I can't believe it but Max and I are actually going to agree on something. The raptors were the second best team in the east this regular season, they should not have been pushed to 7 games by Indy nor should they be so closely challenged by a Miami team that is missing arguably it's best player in Bosh.

Lowry and Demar are complete chokers come playoff time and the Raptors have a huge decision to make on Demar this offseaon when he is a free agent. He will demand a max deal ($26m) So if you are the Raptors do you pay up and tie up a max slot for a player that can't perform when it matters or let a talented young asset go? I figure if Toronto comes in less than max with their offer he is on the next flight to LA to join the lakers. I also agree that Casey is not a very good head coach. This team is stacked with talent so there is some disconnect there that needs to be fixed.

I am not a Raptors fan (I started watching basketball way before 1995 lol) but I am happy to see them do well but doing well means challenging for a title not performing below expectations.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUGSmJTsy00

Old 05-09-2016, 10:00 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
He clearly violated a NBA rule.. He should at least be warned and if he engages in that conduct again suspended without pay.. If you don't like the rules of the game, quit and go take up plumbing or something. This isn't High School Basketball, you're in the big leagues - act like it!

Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 PM

800 posts, read 730,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
He clearly violated a NBA rule.. He should at least be warned and if he engages in that conduct again suspended without pay.. If you don't like the rules of the game, quit and go take up plumbing or something. This isn't High School Basketball, you're in the big leagues - act like it!
He generates the league tens of millions if no hundress of millions. America is not like canada. If you are cash cow i sports you get a pass especially if it's not a serious offense. Hell even if it is you get a pass. This is why canada will suck at sports. You don't treat superstars like superstars. Always would rather follow the rules even if it means staying mediocre. Even though throughout history the most powerful always bend and break the rules. Probably why canada is a weak country that relies on alliances with other countries to remain safe. Yes I just compared sports to the military and economic standing.

That being said the blue jays are really the only toronto team I truly care about. It's cool if the raptors win but its funny seeing them lose and the we the north fan base tremble with sadness. Toronto fans thinks it's the best but the rest of the cities probably find it obnoxious lime the drunk dude that won't shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto