Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 09:54 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Any one have suggestions/ ideas on the best ways to get ride of stuff? I am going to be trying to have a yard sale and then anything that does not sell I want to bag up and drop off to a location donations center. I am going to be posting some of the bigger items online for sale, but I am not really holding my breath thinking they are actually going to get purchased.

Anyone have suggestions for donations centers that have after hours drop off spots? I have quite a lot of stuff ( I am estimating at least 10-15 storage containers in volume) that I just need to get out of my house.

Any idea are greatly appreciated !

P.S. Don't you just hate when you make a typo in a thread title and can't edit it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 01:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
For some of the bigger items you could post an ad on Craigslist or Kijiji and sell them.. When I first moved DT back on 09 I bought some second hand stuff for a steal. One guy I bought 3 or 4 things from and he was practically giving them away because he was moving and needed to get ride of the stuff ASAP.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:00 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Best way to get a ride is to call a taxi or get a monthly transportation pass.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Buying is better ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
For some of the bigger items you could post an ad on Craigslist or Kijiji and sell them.. When I first moved DT back on 09 I bought some second hand stuff for a steal. One guy I bought 3 or 4 things from and he was practically giving them away because he was moving and needed to get ride of the stuff ASAP.
I think buying stuff is easier then selling stuff. I am already on the fence about giving away my baby stuff because I have not fully decided I don't want to have another kid. So I think with that stuff the only way I will feel okay about it is if it actually goes to charity. I would actually prefer giving stuff away that who go to developing country where poverty is a lot more chronic and people really do appreciate stuff more. My husband usually tries to bring stuff to give away when he goes back to his country, but there is only so much to can really take.

Anyone know of any charities in Toronto that send stuff to developing countries?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:06 PM

Default My spelling is bad ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Best way to get a ride is to call a taxi or get a monthly transportation pass.
My spelling and grammar has always been a weak point. I own it .

Old 06-04-2016, 09:08 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Yeah me too. I was just giving you a hard time. A poor attempt at comedy on my part.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:50 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah me too. I was just giving you a hard time. A poor attempt at comedy on my part.
I got the humour ! But I have been being told that since elementary school so now I just sort of a fact now !

Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
Here's a list of places in Toronto to donate clothing (and often other items):
19 places besides Goodwill to donate used clothing in Toronto

The Salvation Army is a good place for leaving household items. Here's a list of their drop bin locations:
Drop Bin Locations | d7.thriftstore.ca

Are you around Etobicoke? They also have the St. Vincent de Paul Society warehouse:
Stores Division | SSVP - Toronto Central Council

For anything that you really have a hard time selling, and that charities might not take, you can post stuff for "Free" on Kijiji. There's a "Free Stuff" category. You can just leave the stuff out in a box marked Free in the front yard, and the Kijiji folks will drop by and just pick stuff up.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Default Thanks great list !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Here's a list of places in Toronto to donate clothing (and often other items):
19 places besides Goodwill to donate used clothing in Toronto

The Salvation Army is a good place for leaving household items. Here's a list of their drop bin locations:
Drop Bin Locations | d7.thriftstore.ca

Are you around Etobicoke? They also have the St. Vincent de Paul Society warehouse:
Stores Division | SSVP - Toronto Central Council

For anything that you really have a hard time selling, and that charities might not take, you can post stuff for "Free" on Kijiji. There's a "Free Stuff" category. You can just leave the stuff out in a box marked Free in the front yard, and the Kijiji folks will drop by and just pick stuff up.
Thanks. I did not know about a lot of these charities. The baby stuff maters the most to me. One of those specific charities seems like a great choice.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 PM

281 posts, read 327,546 times
What are you trying to get rid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto