Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 12:03 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am not sure if you read the posts but I even gave you the historical context for the violence of culture that exists in these communities. Go back and read it. I lived 8 years in Montreal and Haitians are the only ones there that are over represented in street gang wars, it has cooled down a bit now but they used to murder each other, and other people too at a high rate in the 2000s. The fact that Jamaicans and Haitians are way more violent than the general population is not speculation, it's a fact.

Now you're going to say you're not prejudiced but you're the one, you and your buddy, lumping together African kids with Caribbean kids. The Caribbeans is the most violent region in the world, out of the 20 most violent countries, 12 are in the Caribbeans and the rest mostly in Latin America.

You keep bringing up Somalis, I guess in your mind Somalis, Jamaicans, or Kenyans (lol) they're all Black so it's just one big group. Despite what your googling could have you believe, Somalis are nowhere near as violent, or impacted by violence the way Caribbean communities are in Canada. Again, I if pasted some article about some poor bloke gunned down in biker gang violence you would never see it as a representation of "white" violence.

Now your last quote about supposed/fantasized violence in the Congo or Kenya is just another display of pure ignorance on your part and on the part of the white man who is saying it and has never been to any of those places nor is he familiar with the culture. For example, Guatemala has a murder rate 10 times that of Kenya.
Yes Guatemala is possibly the most violent country in the Americas yet we don't really hear about Guatemalans joining gangs or being involved in crime here in Canada. There are not a lot of them here but there are enough to kick up dust if they really wanted to...... We do hear a lot about somolians though. I really don't care if you think I am prejudice. I simply posted the articles. I never said Somolis represent all blacks. You went on a rant about slavery. You choose to ignore Somolias violent recent history or didn't know about it. Like it or not Somolia is in Africa. Again, I never said all Africans are violent or all the same.

I also lived in MTl, that city has a very low homicide rate. You want to paint Haitians as more violent than Somolis, that is not a fact. You said Haitians along with Jamaicans were the most violent Black criminals in Canada. That is blatantly false as Haitians are barely even known to live outside of Quebec. You can't just take one or two cities, you have to look at the country as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 12:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yes Guatemala is possibly the most violent country in the Americas yet we don't really hear about Guatemalans joining gangs or being involved in crime here in Canada. There are not a lot of them here but there are enough to kick up dust if they really wanted to...... We do hear a lot about somolians though. I really don't care if you think I am prejudice. I simply posted the articles. I never said Somolis represent all blacks. You went on a rant about slavery. You choose to ignore Somolias violent recent history or didn't know about it. Like it or not Somolia is in Africa. Again, I never said all Africans are violent or all the same.

I also lived in MTl, that city has a very low homicide rate. You want to paint Haitians as more violent than Somolis, that is not a fact. You said Haitians along with Jamaicans were the most violent Black criminals in Canada. That is blatantly false as Haitians are barely even known to live outside of Quebec. You can't just take one or two cities, you have to look at the country as a whole.
They are the most violent where they live. Of course they're not going to be violent where they don't live. Haitians are more violent than Somalis (this is how you spell it), it's not my fault that it is the case. I am familiar with both communities and their history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Aside from that, if you look at news reports on perpetrators and victims of murders in Toronto "black" males are significantly over-represented and based on the names there is a pretty good share of both Afro-Caribbeans and sub-Saharan Africans (especially from the Horn of Africa - based on names again).

Murder victims and perpetrators in Ottawa are also disproportionately either from the Horn of Africa (i.e. Somalia, Djibouti) and the Caribbean.
When I look at the Toronto PD murder victims list, I see Caribbeans are represented 4 times as much as Somalis. Somalis are nowhere near as disproportionally represented. The most dangerous area in Toronto is Jane & Finch. Again, it's where the Caribbean community lives. It's not an African area, not a Somali area. Somali areas in the GTA are very safe.

https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homi...rrentcases.php

Quote:
Yes Guatemala is possibly the most violent country in the Americas yet we don't really hear about Guatemalans joining gangs or being involved in crime here in Canada. There are not a lot of them here but there are enough to kick up dust if they really wanted to......
It's the same for kids from the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali who come from a background a lot less violent than Guatemalans.

Last edited by Sorel36; 07-27-2021 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-27-2021, 12:37 PM

[quote]
Quote:
They are the most violent where they live. Of course they're not going to be violent where they don't live
So then you can't say they are the most violent across Canada.

Quote:
Haitians are more violent than [u]Somalis[/U .
Just because you say so?

Quote:
When I look at the Toronto PD murder victims list, I see Caribbeans are represented 4 times as much as Somalis. Somalis are nowhere near as disproportionally represented. The most dangerous area in Toronto is Jane & Finch. Again, it's where the Caribbean community lives. It's not an African area, not a Somali area. Somali areas in the GTA are very safe.

https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homi...rrentcases.php
Wow..Now look at Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancover, Ottawa, Hamilton, etc etc.....

Quote:
It's the same for kids from the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali who come from a background a lot less violent than Guatemalans.
What is your point? I don't think anyone said all Africans are violent and Guatemalans are certianly not causing anymore problems than other groups.

Here are some more documented videos about Somalians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFScoCjKic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKS6m2taumw&t=2090s

Old 07-27-2021, 12:39 PM

What's your point. Look at data as a whole, not at some dude's life. There are 10 times more videos about Jamaican/Haitian gangs on YT. You seem to have a real problem with Somalis. This is getting ridiculous.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
What's your point. Look at data as a whole, not at some dude's life. There are 10 times more videos about Jamaican/Haitian gangs on YT. You seem to have a real problem with Somalis. This is getting ridiculous.
LOL You seem to have real problem with Jamaicans and Haitians. Yes that is ridiculous.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
LOL You seem to have real problem with Jamaicans and Haitians. Yes that is ridiculous.
Pointing out that they comprise the majority of "Black" criminals is merely stating a fact. I quoted multiple stats, you quoted none. Then for some reason you started ranting about all African kids from Ethiopia even. Ok.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Pointing out that they comprise the majority of "Black" criminals is merely stating a fact. I quoted multiple stats, you quoted none. Then for some reason you started ranting about all African kids from Ethiopia even. Ok.
That is not fact. You have provided no support for your claim and now you are bringing Guatemalans into the conversation. LOL Good job.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
That is not fact. You have provided no support for your claim and now you are bringing Guatemalans into the conversation. LOL Good job.
Go back to the Toronto PD link I provided, you can see it clearly. Go and read crime stats for the areas I mentioned. Montreal north, Jane & Finch, Somali areas like Parliament St. Read stats on homicide rates per country I mentioned. Guatemalans are as relevant to the discussion as Congolese or Ethiopians.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Go back to the Toronto PD link I provided, you can see it clearly. Go and read crime stats for the areas I mentioned. Montreal north, Jane & Finch, Somali areas like Parliament St. Read stats on homicide rates per country I mentioned. Guatemalans are as relevant to the discussion as Congolese or Ethiopians.
Oh so you bring up Jane and finch and your PD list but dismiss my links as anecdotal? Seriously dude I didn't bring up Ethiopia. Maybe the links I posted mention them. I posted the links to show documented cases where Africans are involved in violent crimes throughout Canada. Canada doesn't revolve around Toronto or Montreal. In fact cities out here in the west have higher violent crime rates than both Toronto and Montreal. Not many Jamaicans out here, even less Haitians.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Oh so you bring up Jane and finch and your PD list but dismiss my links as anecdotal? Seriously dude I didn't bring up Ethiopia. Maybe the links I posted mention them. I posted the links to show documented cases where Africans are involved in violent crimes throughout Canada. Canada doesn't revolve around Toronto or Montreal. In fact cities out here in the west have higher violent crime rates than both Toronto and Montreal. Not many Jamaicans out here, even less Haitians.
Toronto PD stats are stats for the whole city. Hence the relevance. Your YT videos talk about specific individuals of Somali descent who are still less criminal than Caribbeans as per Toronto PD.

Crime in the west, if we want to talk about crime as whole and not just black crime, is largely caused by other demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto