Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,643,035 times

Advertisements

I've done quite a bit of driving and riding in Venza. Mom owns one, She has the two wheel drive four cylinder. It's peppy, she averages close to 29 mpg average. It's roomy for long hauls and has nice tight steering. The ride on hers is a bit stiff but it's also more of the base model. It's still a nice looking ride. I have a Camry and I've had nothing but luck with my Toyota hers has been great as well. It's a 2009 by the way.

Good luck in your search.

Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,927,057 times
I would compare the Outback to the Rav4.. The Venza is larger and Sube does not really have an equivalent I would say

Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,807,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I would compare the Outback to the Rav4.. The Venza is larger and Sube does not really have an equivalent I would say
As long as we are talking 2010+ models, the Outback and Venza are nearly identical in size, pricing and options. The Outback with seats folded has a max cargo area of 71.3 cubic feet. The Venza rings in at 70.1. Front passenger volume is pretty similar as well, with the Venza getting the slight edge. The model comparison sort of breaks down like this size/price wise:

Forester = Rav4/4Runner
Outback = Venza
Tribeca = Highlander

Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,725,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
As long as we are talking 2010+ models, the Outback and Venza are nearly identical in size, pricing and options. The Outback with seats folded has a max cargo area of 71.3 cubic feet. The Venza rings in at 70.1. Front passenger volume is pretty similar as well, with the Venza getting the slight edge. The model comparison sort of breaks down like this size/price wise:

Forester = Rav4/4Runner
Outback = Venza
Tribeca = Highlander
The problem with the cargo area dimensions of the Venza is a lot of space is up high and isn't really usable. Especially with the seats up, the Venza is terrible.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,927,057 times
Quote:

Forester = Rav4/4Runner
Outback = Venza
Tribeca = Highlander
yea I guess you are right. The Venza just seems larger to me. Have not really looked at either car real close

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,725,634 times
Quote:
yea I guess you are right. The Venza just seems larger to me. Have not really looked at either car real close
It's a big fat car with not a lot to show for it.

I find the same with toyota SUV's, they are big but the cockpit is always squashed. I'm 5 ft 9 in. and my head is on the ceiling of any 4 runner or land cruiser.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize how close they were in size either until I saw them side-by-side. The 2009 and older Outback was a lot smaller, than the current 2010 model.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I find the same with toyota SUV's, they are big but the cockpit is always squashed. I'm 5 ft 9 in. and my head is on the ceiling of any 4 runner or land cruiser.
Interesting observation, I've always thought the same thing. The Toyota SUV's are a lot of car on the outside, not as much on the inside. The one that sticks out the most to me in that regard is the Highlander.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,841,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

Those two models (4 runner and land/fj cruiser) are built with off road prowess in mind. The will have high floors and long suspension travel so they can clear rocks and have better approach and departure angles.

The Venza and Highlander are car based crossovers and should be built with lower floors and have more room so they have no excuse if they feel cramped on the inside too.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,911,904 times
Quote:
Interesting observation, I've always thought the same thing. The Toyota SUV's are a lot of car on the outside, not as much on the inside. The one that sticks out the most to me in that regard is the Highlander.
I dunno, I'm 6'2 and weight 200+ lbs, I fit just fine behind the wheel of a Venza. And on that tip, I thought the interior was wicked nice:

http://images.usedcheapcars.org/used-toyota/2009-toyota-venza-v6/2009_toyota_venza_11-ucc.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion