Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM

201 posts, read 235,692 times

Advertisements

Venza is often a slow mover on the lots since the factory tends to push fully loaded ones on the dealers. Base and mid models are harder to find, but they keep a few in inventory to keep the advertisements showing "low" prices for the model. This is common. Almost everyone does it.

If you have to drive in bad weather, get the Subaru.

Otherwise the Venza is a fine car. Toyotas are probably the best car for the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,672,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Those two models (4 runner and land/fj cruiser) are built with off road prowess in mind. The will have high floors and long suspension travel so they can clear rocks and have better approach and departure angles.

The Venza and Highlander are car based crossovers and should be built with lower floors and have more room so they have no excuse if they feel cramped on the inside too.
I'm quite a bit experienced with these cars as I teach off road driving with Toyotas and also frequently use all the new models in manufacturer programs in dynamic comparisons. I also used SUV toyotas at a certain winter school.

I've not measured specifically the older 4 runners angles, but I don't find the approach, break over and departure angles to be advantage over similar vehicles. In fact on our 4 runners we took the rear bumper and assembly off to both help with the departure angle but also so we could weld one straight bar across with a hitch to fit a winch or plug in a snatch strap.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,678,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I dunno, I'm 6'2 and weight 200+ lbs, I fit just fine behind the wheel of a Venza. And on that tip, I thought the interior was wicked nice:
It wasn't a knock on the overall size, just that the exterior dimensions give the impression of a larger vehicle. It's more of a design thing and not necessarily a critique of the actual space in the vehicle. I'm 6'4" and no one would accuse me of being thin () and I fit just fine in most of them. They just seem bigger than they actually are from the outside.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I'm quite a bit experienced with these cars as I teach off road driving with Toyotas and also frequently use all the new models in manufacturer programs in dynamic comparisons. I also used SUV toyotas at a certain winter school.

I've not measured specifically the older 4 runners angles, but I don't find the approach, break over and departure angles to be advantage over similar vehicles. In fact on our 4 runners we took the rear bumper and assembly off to both help with the departure angle but also so we could weld one straight bar across with a hitch to fit a winch or plug in a snatch strap.
I never said that Toyotas are better then other makes at off roading, I just said that for instance a 4runner is a better choice then a Venza for someone who needs an SUV with better then average offroad capability and is hellbent on owning a Toyota. I'm sure there are several vehicles available that do a better job then both at going off road.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,889,319 times
I would put a Kia Sportage EX on your list if a 4 banger 200HP is OK. If you have $30k, I would get the SX with 275HP and 0-60 in 6.1 seconds

You get a lot of car in the Kia EX for ~$27k.....heated/cooled seats, locking diff, hill decsent, navigation, panaramic sunroof, bluetooth, sirius, keyless ignition, etc.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,257,207 times
Sorry I haven't gotten back to update you, we ended up buying the Toyota Highlander and are very happy with it. Thanks for all the info.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 11,421 times
have toyota venza 2009 only 36 k mil oxygen sensor problem, any body had this problem?

Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,663,169 times
Nope. We have a 2014 though and it's only got 4k miles on it. However I don't recall seeing oxygen sensors being an issue from my research before we purchased it. I do remember something about a rattle in the steering column but that was about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion