Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 PM

21,905 posts, read 25,225,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I had a 07 Camry, so I don't dislike Toyota. But I have to admit, I saw the new Camry the other day and thought "who stretched that Corolla?".
Same styling, different length sausage. I'm getting tired of it, especially on something as ugly as a Toyota. I'd never, ever buy a A8 for that reason. Call it vanity, but if I'm driving around in a six figure car I actually want it to look like something other than someone accidentally hit enlarge on an A4 before copying it. Aside from looks, however, I'm really impressed with the new Camry. And it's not like it looks any worse than the car it replaced, just doesn't look any better.

The Passat even after Americanization is the nicest family sedan, imo. To boot, it's priced competitively now. If leasing, I'd definitely go for the Passat as the lease specials seem to be within a few dollars of one another. I just drive too much to lease though. The over mileage charges would just about double the lease payments... and I ain't touching a VW that's out of warranty with a ten foot pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,594,511 times
How was the steering/handling? My sister has an 07 XLE and that thing feels as if I'm steering a boat on the water. Very loose and wobbly.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM

609 posts, read 2,245,646 times
Agree with the above poster on the steering response (probably marketed towards baby boomers) but my main point was this.

Would you guys call "Camry and Wow" in the same sentence as an oxymoron? Just checking.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,504,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
How was the steering/handling? My sister has an 07 XLE and that thing feels as if I'm steering a boat on the water. Very loose and wobbly.
The 12 camrys steering is much more direct feeling compared to previously.. bmw like? no.. but MUCH better..

Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM

600 posts, read 1,935,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
The 12 camrys steering is much more direct feeling compared to previously.. bmw like? no.. but MUCH better..
Wow now you're ready to take sharper turns at Walmart or go straight at 65 on the freeway.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS007 View Post
Wow now you're ready to take sharper turns at Walmart or go straight at 65 on the freeway.
or just enjoy a better steering feel day to day... Boy, with your snobbish attitude to reliable, daily drivers you must be some kind of hardcore racer with race wins at places like Daytona and Laguna Seca.. Or you just really enjoy butting in with your 2 cents when someone answers another's perfectly valid question..

Old 07-03-2012, 12:24 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,240,884 times
I'll stick to my Chevrolet Camaro.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I'll stick to my Chevrolet Camaro.

same to you..

or just enjoy a better steering feel day to day... Boy, with your snobbish attitude to reliable, daily drivers you must be some kind of hardcore racer with race wins at places like Daytona and Laguna Seca.. Or you just really enjoy butting in with your 2 cents when someone answers another's perfectly valid question..

I'm pretty sure the title and questions in the title of the thread refereed to Camry, not Camaro... Must be the impatience from not having any threads started relating to one's own chosen mode of transport that makes others feel the need to go pi*s allover and mark their territory in others' threads for no good reason or without beneficial input.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM

609 posts, read 2,245,646 times
what does a "better steering feel day to day mean". Does it mean that the steering feels different every day or maybe it is something I don't understand. And again better than what?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerclaws View Post
what does a "better steering feel day to day mean". Does it mean that the steering feels different every day or maybe it is something I don't understand. And again better than what?
Smartas*, better in day to day driving.. and better than the 07 camry and previous years that the original question was asked about.. maybe try reading back for reference instead of wasting time being a smartalec.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion