Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 AM

609 posts, read 2,245,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Smartas*, better in day to day driving.. and better than the 07 camry and previous years that the original question was asked about.. maybe try reading back for reference instead of wasting time being a smartalec.
I thought you were being the smart Alec quoting Daytona and Laguna Seca. I guess you are enjoying the "better steering day to day" whatever that means (to most people it doesn't make sense).

Happy belated 4th of July
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,311,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Smartas*, better in day to day driving.. and better than the 07 camry and previous years that the original question was asked about.. maybe try reading back for reference instead of wasting time being a smartalec.

Ok, so it's better than bad previous steering. That doesn't mean the car is any good. Just better than the utter crap that came before.

Funny thing is my BMW, that was vastly better in steering and handling and ride and speed and all the things that make driving enjoyable cost LESS than the new Camry, so it's not being snobby that makes me say the Camry is a snoozefest. Since we are tlaking about the Camry, then commenting on the Camry AND comparing it to cars other than merely previous Camries, is fair.

No, I don't care for boring appliance cars, and I can think of hundreds of more enjoyable, fun, cars with better dynamics that cost the same or less than the Camry and would make driving worth driving, rather than just a boring means of getting from point A to point B.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,504,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Ok, so it's better than bad previous steering. That doesn't mean the car is any good. Just better than the utter crap that came before.

Funny thing is my BMW, that was vastly better in steering and handling and ride and speed and all the things that make driving enjoyable cost LESS than the new Camry, so it's not being snobby that makes me say the Camry is a snoozefest. Since we are tlaking about the Camry, then commenting on the Camry AND comparing it to cars other than merely previous Camries, is fair.

No, I don't care for boring appliance cars, and I can think of hundreds of more enjoyable, fun, cars with better dynamics that cost the same or less than the Camry and would make driving worth driving, rather than just a boring means of getting from point A to point B.

I dont care about your opinion or what you like.. but SOMEONE ELSE asked how the steering felt COMPARED to the 07 camry they drove.. THATS the question I ANSWERED for THAT poster... And BMWs are great... On a track and when theyve got 500 hp or more...

Old 07-05-2012, 04:00 PM

21,905 posts, read 25,225,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post

Most people don't give a hoot though. Even BMW has stopped catering to enthusiast while Toyota now makes an actual (supposedly, although I never trust early reviews) fun to drive car while Ford is finally getting around to spending the money to stop hobbling the Mustang to a wagon's suspension in the rear. Which is good as the Mustang, despite being a less than stellar car all around, is a lot of fun to drive for the $. I just can't get over the sensation of the ass end of the car dragging through corners like some sort of self-propelling rickshaw.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,311,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Most people don't give a hoot though. Even BMW has stopped catering to enthusiast while Toyota now makes an actual (supposedly, although I never trust early reviews) fun to drive car while Ford is finally getting around to spending the money to stop hobbling the Mustang to a wagon's suspension in the rear. Which is good as the Mustang, despite being a less than stellar car all around, is a lot of fun to drive for the $. I just can't get over the sensation of the ass end of the car dragging through corners like some sort of self-propelling rickshaw.
As a Mustang owner and avid slalom racer with handling experience in hundreds of cars, I have to disagree with your assesment of the Mustang's ability and feel, not just in my '06, but in the new BOSS 302. BTW, what wagon has a multi link rear end under it?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 AM

Hes probally comparing the mustang suspension to a horse and buggy wagon, re: the leaf springs.. I havent driven a curent mustang in years on the street, but the newer shelby 500s are perfectly fine on a smooth track, especially a big one like monticello or watkins glen where you can use the 500-600 + hp depending on the year.. and btw Merc, if you havent driven a 12 camry how do you know "how superior" the bmw feel and handling is?? Cause really, not all bmws are the same and besides the top level performing models, most of the basic 3 series and such are just poser rides living off the hype of the real performance and race cars they build and arent much more than a rwd camry type car... Talking smack without an objective driving experience is just snobbery and ego getting in the way..

Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 AM

And btw.. ctsv and amg wagons are a couple of the MANY multilink rear suspended wagons. Leaf sprung wagons are probally much more rare Im sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion