Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,018,617 times

Advertisements

I checked truecar.com in Yonkers, NY area and they quote the following prices:

2011 4 Door Sedan Auto - $14,340 ($900 off sticker)
2012 5 Door SE Auto - $17,500 ($600 off sticker)

You can go on truecar.com and add/remove options and it will spit out new pricing. If you have the time and inclination you can start e-mailing dealers referencing the truecar price and start pitting them against each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,430,151 times
Just not ethical since you were already there. The only dealer that I know someone who was dissatisfied with on your list is the closest to you, but it was because the Corolla was a lemon, bought back under NYS lemon law. The dealership's service department was not helpful in the matter, so that's the worst I have heard, and everyone's experiences can be different.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,717,687 times
something tells me this is going to be a disaster just as the idea of taking back my brother's car was

i am already feeling agitated

what is the easy way out here? I work too hard and am too tired for this crap

Carmax maybe?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 PM

dunbar the truecar thing sounds OK i will have to try that

Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,151,667 times
If your old Tercel is still running OK, you could always put off buying the Yaris till the other stuff in your life calms down.

I really think you should consider a couple year old car that you would buy from an individual - not that much risk and you save some dough, plus don't have to mess with the dealer.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM

paragraph one sounds great

but the second paragraph you think i should get a used car? i don't trust individual transactions someone on CD told me not to do it plus you don't get the lemon law in your side

Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,430,151 times
Carmax is the easy way out, one price out the door. I would just email the Internet manager at the other Toyota dealers to see what they can offer you in a Yaris. You have driven the car, and if you don't want negotiation, the fleet manager is the way to go as opposed to general sales.

For a new Toyota, the Carmax dealership is in Laurel, MD, and I don't think they transfer new cars.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 11-23-2011, 07:14 PM

I still love my old Tercel believe me

Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,151,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
paragraph one sounds great

but the second paragraph you think i should get a used car? i don't trust individual transactions someone on CD told me not to do it plus you don't get the lemon law in your side
Well, if delaying the deal reduces your stress, why not do that?

Yeah, I would go used - I do all the time. While it's true that you would not have a warrenty (necessarily) and lemon law, etc. - if you find a good clean Yaris, for sale by the original owner, if you check it over or get Joe Torre to check it out for you - if you meet the current owner and they seem like a normal guy/gal, if we are talking Toyotas say 2 or 3 years old, 50K miles or less - yeah, there is some risk in the deal compared to buying new with a warrenty - but I would say the risk is minimal.

If you just really don't what to go there on "used" consider Certified Pre-Owned - you can get a CPO car from the dealer with a near-new warrenty. I am not all that crazy about CPO myself, they obsess over things like the brake pads having 50% or greater remaining life (BFD - if the car needs brake pads I can DIY, I generally own cars long enough that I do brakes several times, it's just not a big deal...)

I just don't see the value in buying new - the increased cost does not reflect a similar increase in available service life IMHO.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM

do i call and ask for the internet mgr at each Toyota dlr or do i call each dlr?

i already set up an appt at Fordham should i go or do the internet mgr thing instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion