Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I like the tc. I still think it is a pretty good car for around town. It gets ok mileage but i wish it got a couple more city. The size is good for a around town car too.

I got into an argument with someone here who tried to tell me the fr-s was in the same league as the Ford GT (not the mustang mind you - but the supercar). This car's biggest problem is it's own followers who overhype it. If they were to add another 30 hp, it might be something to talk about.

Other Scions, you couldn't tell me what they are. They don't register at all.
The FR-S also needs sport tires, not Toyota Prius low rolling resistance tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I have a BRZ (FR-S twin) and will say this about the low rolling resistance tires:

They do make it "fun" to drive in that it is easy to break the tires loose and hang the rear end out a little. I have had mine on a track (Watkins Glen International) and although they are not the fastest tire to get around the track on, the fun factor is way high. If I seriously tracked the car regularly though, I would have some serious performance tires for it. The car has amazing chassis dynamics, and I am sure with more performance oriented tires it would stick like glue.

As for the power? Well, I guess I bought it because it was a smaller, lighter sports car with excellent dynamics and not a 0-60 track star. To be honest, it is not the lack of HP that is the problem. If you get the RPM's up, the car is fast. However, the lack of torque leaves little low end punch off the line and as such this car is never going to win 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. The car would still be fine with a little more power, so long as whatever brought the power did not add too much weight to the front, or raise the center of gravity so much that it eats too much away at the chassis dynamics and handling capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Kill Scion, change FR-S to Celica.
Agreed, although it is badged a Toyota 86 GT in other markets.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:22 PM

522 posts, read 721,834 times
I am heavily involved with automakers, and Toyota has a very special spot in my heart; i've owned Scions in the past, and tC is/ was a great car.

The new releases that are about to hit Scion brand are something to pay attention to. I test drove a couple recently during our ad work.. fantastic cars.

FR-s, while not very powerful is a very fun car to drive.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:51 PM

277 posts, read 365,182 times
I have a 2011 Scion XB that is my everyday driver. Great car for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion