Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,412,656 times

Advertisements

Wood trim is what I find to be tacky/cheap/ridiculous looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 03:16 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,176,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
Buy European luxury & avoid the name badge transfer.... Lexus is just a Toyo
Never buy European. The Germans are some of the worst when it comes to engineering cars, which is odd because they can make a decent gun.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:31 PM

Say what now? Maybe the worst at over-engineering.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,176,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Say what now? Maybe the worst at over-engineering.
To me over-engineering to me means it will last a long time and be easy to service. Zee Germans love engineering for a high parts count, highest labor burden count after the sale and fragility in mind.

One should not have to ask for the cutomer's wallet and proceed to have to remove the entire front end off a car for a timing belt service Ahmm Audi S4. The is not over-engineering, this is a case of we clearly did not think this out.

This is why the Germans would lose yet again if WWIII happened.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:59 PM

3,666 posts, read 3,002,829 times
Seriously the latest Chevy Malibu can hold its own against a Lexus Sedan if you don't want to feel the road and lack of road noise.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:01 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,661,150 times
Most of the "baby" cars Benz, Lexus, BMW , etc are for people who just have to drive a Premium car on a budget. Move up to a full size car and the quality improves. The exception is the Lexus ES. They are putting in vinyl interior. Leather is an option. Toyota Avalon is a comparable model and leather is STANDARD. Makes no sense....

Old 05-13-2016, 05:45 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,490,755 times
Mercedes has MB-Tex as well on the base models, and BMW also uses synthetic leather. Some people prefer MB-Tex because it looks like leather, but wears like iron, especially in the wagons and SUVs that are used with children and dogs. The CT exists because of the European market, and the US sales are secondary, but for a small city hybrid, it's better looking than a Prius, with none of the Prius assumptions. Lexus hybrids represent the majority of sales in Europe, so they needed a vehicle to compete against the A3, Mercedes A-Class, etc.

The new design language with Lexus is odd, most pronounced with the IS, IMO. I've never had an issue with a Lexus LX, and family members who own the LS like it because it is not finicky like other larger luxury sedans that have quirks. I cannot think of anyone in my family or friends who has a LX or Land Cruiser and has complained about it, but the GS and GX are two models about which I have heard complaints.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-13-2016, 05:58 PM

8,735 posts, read 11,149,642 times
New 2016 RX is stunning inside. Far better than the 3rd generation (2010-2015). The only hitch is the controversial giant front end grill and floating roof lines.

CT200h is a luxury version of the Prius. If you want leather, NAV, sunroof, etc etc...the CT200h is for you. I've driven both....a bit meh.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:25 PM

4,637 posts, read 3,835,559 times
All these gadgets and nice real leather and wood are just for show. If you going to build a car for looks and show, then make it reliable at least. Lexus cars are decently reliable. The Europeans have some work to do. At least Audi is on the way up for reliability. But BMW, MB, etc. If you have such good engineering, design and luxury, build a car that lasts and not have every little thing break down.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:49 PM

And Lexus needs a lot of improvements to driving dynamics and performance.

I'd rather drive a BMW but I'd rather maintain a Lexus. It's a conundrum. But with Audi reliability on the rise that looks to be the best option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion