Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,298 times

Advertisements

Can a guy that is not too handy replace that Power Resistor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,536 times
Sorry, didn't see this post had been updated with a question. You've probably taken care of it by now, but just in case it helps someone else - you don't have to be super handy, but it would seriously help to be a 13 year old Russian gymnast or Cirque de Soleil performer.

The contortions I had to get my body into to reach the bugger were very painful, and there are 2 screws that you'll need a very short handled driver to reach.

On that year Camry (we've since sold it) the unit was located on the passenger side, like 8 inches above where a passengers left foot would be, almost but not quite behind the dash. Unscrew the 2 screws, pop off the wiring harness, swap it out, put the screws back in.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,142,829 times
If you want to fix your car I suggest you get a test light and an electrical diagram of the heater system and learn how to use the tester and understand the diagram....This is step ONE.gezz

Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 AM

340 posts, read 1,446,270 times
That is one option but using this forum and its members knowledge is much faster.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,836 times
Similar issue, on a 1995 Toyota Avalon. The fan switch only works on high. Is it the resister or switch. Where is the resister located and is there anything I need to know when talking the panel apart to get access to the switch?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:16 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,759,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
My wife's 2000 Camry has developed a strange issue. The fan that controlls the heat/AC only works on the "high" setting.
You broke it. Toyota parts never malfunction on their own.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
It's a bad unit, either the motor or the switch. You can't expect to rewire it, you'll need to replace.
I once removed the switch itself from the HVAC control panel all the way down to the bearings in the dial. Cleaned it up, re-greased, and it worked again for 6 more years...

Unfortunately, I don't think the OP is going to get that lucky in this case. The unit likely does need to be replaced.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,389 times
two July babies.
I want to say thank you. same problem on fan switch 2000 Camry. Sounds logical.
Just need to locate and replace. Knowledge is power.
Thank you
Rod

Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
As recall, every Toyota I've ever had (about 6 of them), the AC, in one respect or another, was the weakest link. In the last one, the AC blower was intermittent, and could be made to work on one speed or another by jiggling the control back and forth, but it never worked right away, had to wait a couple of minutes before any speed would kick in.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,484 times
Default 2003 Camry blower motor

I have been experiencing strange things with my AC as well. It barely blows on the lower settings but when you put it on high, you can hear a ticking and it blows hard and then weak...like a power surge. Sometimes it won't come on at all and you can put your hand up to the vent and feel the cold. It just doesn't blow out into the car. Once you are driving for a while, it starts halfway working again. I took it to Toyota and they said it needed to be cleaned. They worked on it and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions? DO you think the Blower motor needs to be replaced. The ticking noise sounds like it is struggling to work. I just paid $350 for them to work on it. What's a girl to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion